• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

October 1st 2008 (HAL transfer window opens)

Razorback

marinermick said:
Razorback said:
With the cash that is behind the gold coast, they may be prepared to pay transfer fees for some players, so the fact that Lawrie has signed some of our better players to 2 year contracts may be irrelevant

only irrelevant if we let them go

if we really want them here then no cigar

Money talks mick

marinermick

Razorback said:
marinermick said:
Razorback said:
With the cash that is behind the gold coast, they may be prepared to pay transfer fees for some players, so the fact that Lawrie has signed some of our better players to 2 year contracts may be irrelevant

only irrelevant if we let them go

if we really want them here then no cigar

Money talks mick

true dat, but at least having them on contract makes the transfer process harder and less likely, and if it does happen at least we are compensated

given the prospect of ACL action i couldn't imagine many players keen to leave the club mid-contract

bulldogmariner

I think the players the Mariners need to hold onto are Bojic, Clark(Not so much as a player but fitness guru), Osman, Wilkinson, Vukovic, Petrovski, D'Appuzo and Redmayne.

Players in A-League who are off contract  i would like us to sign- Kemp, Vargas, Ward, Zullo, Minneconn, Kruse, McKay, Velaphi, Lochhead, Brown and Smeltz.

MOst of these players are young and quality or they are experienced players who get the job done on a weekly basis in the A-League. I think chasing a Zullo or Kruse type of player is a must so that Adrian can play in the 10 role.
I guess i see it hard to see for LM to buy players from other clubs because he usually uses the state leagues to get his players. Could there be another Bojic out there? LM has a history in discovering the diamond out of the pack.

CCM have been very patient over 4 seasons and remained loyal to some very big names but with the chase for more players with 2 new clubs and a youth system some of these players might be forced out if we want to remain in the top couple of clubs in the country.

Only time will tell. JVS will be signing for Gold Coast i guess that will be the first signing unveiled usless there are any other rumours?

Omni

No chance for Smeltz, Wellington or a new club for him and Wellington are splashing the cash to keep him, don't know about Velahi he's good, but he wouldn't really play here

Blair

Cassio
Paul Agostino
Kevin Musc**t
Michael Zullo
Robbie Middleby
Alex Brosque
Shane Smeltz
Rodrigo Vargas
I would love to seee and one of these people on our team.

grecquemariner

Kevin Musc**t on the coast? Are you joking? I think we would loose most of our supporters and probably most of our players. I personally hate it when he walks onto our field in other colours let alone if he did it in yellow.

Deej

bulldogmariner said:
Deej said:
Karl Dodd to Gold Coast too I've heard
Is he the Marquee?????????
That would be the biggest signing in A-League history!

Yes he would be a marquee signing, would be a huge signature for them!

Deej

grecquemariner said:
Kevin Musc**t on the coast? Are you joking? I think we would loose most of our supporters and probably most of our players. I personally hate it when he walks onto our field in other colours let alone if he did it in yellow.

Lawrie actually stated that Muscat is 1 player he wished he had!

marinermick

Deej said:
grecquemariner said:

exactly, think of how much we hated petrovski before he became a mariner

Lawrie actually stated that Musc**t is 1 player he wished he had!

FFC Mariner

marinermick said:
Deej said:
grecquemariner said:

exactly, think of how much we hated petrovski before he became a mariner

Lawrie actually stated that Musc**t is 1 player he wished he had!

no chance of him moving, already part of the coaching set up and will surely shaft Ernie at some point.

T

From Terrorgraph:
GOLD Coast United will tomorrow unveil former Juventus goalkeeper Jess Vanstrattan as the A-League expansion club's first signing.

Coast coach Miron Bleiberg and billionaire club owner Clive Palmer will reveal the signing amid a series of announcements at their Skilled Park headquarters.

A free agent since he was released by superclub Juventus in June, Vanstrattan is keen to make his name again in Australia after seven incredibly frustrating years in Italy.

The Gosford-born stopper seemed set for a huge senior career after a starring turn for the Australian Joeys at the 1999 Under 17 World Cup when they lost the final to Brazil in a penalty shoot-out.

He also played regularly for the Young Socceroos with long-time coach Ange Postecoglou rating him extremely highly.

Vanstrattan enjoyed a season with the Northern Spirit in the old NSL before signing with Verona but in all his time in Italy - which also included loan stints with Carrarese, Ancona and Juve - he made only 10 senior appearances.

The 26-year-old started his first and only game for Juventus in their friendly against Melbourne Victory at the Telstra Dome in May, where he let in one goal - a Carlos Hernandez special - in their 4-1 win.

His signing with the Coast is his second attempt to play in the A-League after his signing with the Newcastle Jets was blocked by Verona in 2006.

Bleiberg will also announce Vanstrattan's goalkeeping back-up and the fledgling club's goalkeeping coach tomorrow, more than 10 months before their A-League debut in a 10-team competition.

Iron ore baron Palmer, Queensland's richest man who has large business interests in China, is set to reveal an initiative of his own after arriving at the team's home ground via helicopter.

rosko

Come on T..
I broke the news of this one ages ago. Little tip.. The pic they are using of him should have a ball going into the net, I bet it's 'photoshopped' out.  ;D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred