• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

NRL Hooligans thread

Ted

Hmmm I enjoy league and football (was never an aussie rules fan though), so it's hard to sit on the fence with some of the  remarks above. But, no matter what creed, colour, race, religion, sporting code, high school, bingo outing or knitting class you're into, you will find dickheads amongst it as well.  I am glad that Mason has taken his drama to a another team though and continues his tradition! You can only say sorry so many times for someones mishaps :p

serious14

Nah mate, was working all night.  Stopped off to get fuel and heard the servo guy ask a mate who went to the game what the crowd was, and both him and his missus said "6000".

P

Pete

Pissing in public in Port Macquarie? Bet the local cops thought it was the Squadron again. (Don't mention the pre season game at Port Macquarie,right Squaddies?  ;))

marinermick

serious14 said:
Nah mate, was working all night.  Stopped off to get fuel and heard the servo guy ask a mate who went to the game what the crowd was, and both him and his missus said "6000".

that actually looked like a real crowd figure

i drove by and thinking there may have been around 8000 and thinking it may be called 12000

Timmah

marinermick said:
forzamariners said:
ive been to many nrl games and never feared for my life like i have at sokka games

go to a newcastle knights game wearing a bulldogs jumper and see how you get on

Regularly and proudly. Never batted an eyelid.

I've felt unsafe plenty of times at Bluetongue when the Jets visit.

serious14 said:
6000 at the game tonight.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!
You poor thing, that chip on your shoulder must put you off balance.

For your little brain to comprehend... let me point out that was a TRIAL match. That means that the season has not started yet. The game isn't being played between local teams therefore of course the crowd isn't great. Of all people to laugh at a sub-10,000 crowd, a Mariners fan (I am one) should be the last.

For the record, come here at 6:00pm on Sunday 20 April and give me the crowd figure for the Roosters v Knights (that's SYDNEY v NEWCASTLE) and see how it stacks up in comparison. THEN you can start laughing about NRL's following on the Coast.

I love football but I don't see the necessity to rag on RL as if it's a threat to the great game.

Jolly_Roger

Roosters v knights - That game would not provide an accurate gauge at all. Most would travel from Newcastle to make up the crowd numbers and not a true representation of cc support.

How about the roosters v manly.

serious14

Timmah said:
serious14 said:

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

For your little brain to comprehend... let me point out that was a TRIAL match. That means that the season has not started yet. The game isn't being played between local teams therefore of course the crowd isn't great. Of all people to laugh at a sub-10,000 crowd, a Mariners fan (I am one) should be the last.

I love football but I don't see the necessity to rag on RL as if it's a threat to the great game.

Well actually, not only do we pull better pre-season crowds than RL these days, but RL carries on as if any minor victory over football makes it some sort of global force and that football is on its last legs in this country....... I won't sit here and have _anyone_ tell me that the chip on an Australian football supporter's shoulder is undeserved.  The amount of sh*t we have had to put up with over the years, PARTICULARLY from RL and its supporters entitles us to a little schaudenfraude when something in RL fails miserably.  Simple.

Not to mention that RL has been around in Australia in a professional capacity now for 100 years and it trumpets an average attendance of 15 000 (or whatever it is) as amazing, world beating, and something that we should all bend over and accept as the best thing ever, when the A-League has the same thing after 3 years??    RL has nowhere to go and nowhere to grow, yet all I hear from it every single day is about how much of a global game it is.  I would have MUCH less of a problem if 90% of its supporters weren't racist bigots who wail on "wogball" every chance they get and if their marketing arm didn't make the game out to be something far bigger than it actually is.

I can smell your fear Timmah.

midfielder

serious14 said:
Timmah said:
serious14 said:

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Well actually, not only do we pull better pre-season crowds than RL these days, but RL carries on as if any minor victory over football makes it some sort of global force and that football is on its last legs in this country....... I won't sit here and have _anyone_ tell me that the chip on an Australian football supporter's shoulder is undeserved.  The amount of sh*t we have had to put up with over the years, PARTICULARLY from RL and its supporters entitles us to a little schaudenfraude when something in RL fails miserably.  Simple.

Not to mention that RL has been around in Australia in a professional capacity now for 100 years and it trumpets an average attendance of 15 000 (or whatever it is) as amazing, world beating, and something that we should all bend over and accept as the best thing ever, when the A-League has the same thing after 3 years??    RL has nowhere to go and nowhere to grow, yet all I hear from it every single day is about how much of a global game it is.  I would have MUCH less of a problem if 90% of its supporters weren't racist bigots who wail on "wogball" every chance they get and if their marketing arm didn't make the game out to be something far bigger than it actually is.

I can smell your fear Timmah.

Well said Serious............F***********g well said mate.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

adz

Staff member
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23309319-2,00.html

NRL stars linked to Kings Cross nightclub shooting

By Evelyn Yamine and Joel Christie

March 03, 2008 09:21am
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

* Jarryd Hayne in crowd as drive-by gunman strikes
    * Mark Gasnier may also have been present
    * In pictures: The shooting scene

NRL star Jarryd Hayne was caught up in a shooting at a busy Sydney nightclub overnight, it was reported today.

The Parramatta ace and an unnamed player, possibly St George-Illawara's Mark Gasnier, were apparently in a crowd outside the popular Sapphire Suite in Kellet St, King's Cross, when it was targeted by a drive-by gunman - the first of two shootings in the area overnight.

A man, believed to be the club's manager, was hit. The 55-year-old victim was taken to hospital.
It has been claimed there was a brawl inside the club before the gunman struck from a moving car at about 8.40pm.

Hayne was reportedly inside the club with two mates, also believed to be league players.

Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said the club was trying to contact Hayne.

"We've obviously heard the reports but have been unable to contact Jarryd Hayne so we are none the wiser in regard to that at this stage," he said.

Asked if he knew the identity of the second player involved in the incident, Mr Fitzgerald said:"I've heard inside the club that there was an incident and that the other player, but this is not official, is a player from another club - it was Mark Gasnier."

St George-Illawarra chief executive Peter Doust said he could not comment and would not say if he had been in contact with Gasnier.

"I will have some appropriate comments to make later in the day," Mr Doust said.

The injured manager was shot in the leg and collapsed after three shots exploded from a car which then sped down Kellett St towards the city.

Witness Justin Ireland said "chaos" erupted after the gunfire.

"I heard the shots, very, very loud bangs and then everyone just started running over," Mr Ireland told The Daily Telegraph last night.

"There was like a second between each shot and it was exceedingly loud. Everyone just started shouting and yelling and some started to run away.

"I saw them take one guy out on a stretcher and he didn't have a shirt on but he was alive and conscious."

Mr Ireland said people ran over to help the injured man while others ran away from the scene in panic.

Kings Cross resident Andrew Woodhouse said he heard the shots from the next block and when he ran over, he saw the security guards scrambling to get inside.

Kings Cross police and public order and riot squad officers arrived within minutes of the shooting and closed off the street.

The man, shot in the upper right thigh, was treated by paramedics and was taken to St Vincent's Hospital in a stable condition.

Investigations into the shooting took a new turn about 4.40am today when a man called police saying he had been shot at 20 minutes earlier in Ward Avenue, Kings Cross.

The victim, believed to be a 23-year-old Parramatta man, said he and two friends were walking down the street when a man emerged from a car and fired one shot towards them before fleeing.

No one was injured by the bullet and police have not released a description of the car.

The trio ran from the scene out of fear and hid in a nearby carpark for a short time before calling police.

Three police cars quickly arrived at the scene and found an empty shell casing in the middle of the road.

"There has been a shot fired this morning," Inspector Paul Jones with Kings Cross Police told The Daily Telegraph.

"We have located one cartridge."

A police spokeswoman today said there is nothing "at this stage" to suggest the two shootings are connected, but that both matters are being investigated.

- With AAP

FFC Mariner

On the day that Lowy FC unveil Australia's highest paid Footballer.

Whatever else we may think of the money grubbing turd, he wont be getting shot at while in the Cross at 4:30am.

When are the knuckledraggers ever going to learn

HAHAHAHAHA

Gopher of Pern

Now come on, this is going a bit far....

Just because someone from the NRL was near a shooting means its a NRL incident???

What if Dwight Yorke was in the club at the time? Would it become a soccer incident??

adz

Staff member
Gopher of Pern said:
Just because someone from the NRL was near a shooting means its a NRL incident???

What if Dwight Yorke was in the club at the time? Would it become a soccer incident??

Yes it does mean it's an NRL incident. The news clearly says "NRL stars linked to Kings Cross nightclub shooting", and not "Soccer stars linked to Kings Cross nightclub shooting".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred