• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Next A-League coach to be sacked

Who will be the next A-League coach to be sacked?

• Van Egmond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Herbert

• Mitchell

• Farina

• Kosmina

• Vidmar

• Merrick

• McKinna

• No one will be sacked

• Total voters

David Votoupal

The players are spoilt brats used to getting their own way... evidently Littbarski, Butcher and Culina bore the brunt of that. Sure, Butcher and Culina were not good but it wasn't all their fault (apart from Butcher's crap football) when they merely inherited squads and Culina brought in a couple of his own favourites.

kepo

At our club, there is alot of expectation to succeed. Look at the start of the season all the opposition coaches said we were a threat for the title race.

Seems to me at sydney,
We think we have a right to succeed
We think we have a right making the finals.

Not making the finals will bring a large wake up call on our whole squad.
Next season again will be another big clean out of players.

Culina was sacked because he played attractive football but didn't get results.
Butcher did neither, and he was the reason why sasho left.
Littbarski left because he wouldn't except a pay cut from the board.

Its the hardest job in the country to manage our side.

Stability is the key.

David Votoupal said:
Mariner Girl said:
I still think GVE will get the chop before Kossie.

And the sad thing is neither Van Egmond nor Kosmina are really to blame for their clubs' malaise, for most part.

Mariners = best run club in NSW by a country mile.

Kosmina is an awful tactical manager. Some fairly basic mistakes which he seemingly fails to see.

That being said there are a lot of problems off the field too. Empty promises from the board are leaving many frustrated.

For me Litti was our best coach- yes he was on a shitload of dosh, but who on earth offers a Championship winning boss a paycut needs to take a long hard looka at things.

You can see those clubs who reap the benifits of stability.

David Votoupal

Well let's face it, the club made mistakes before even kicking a ball in anger. Signing has-been or never-done-well players on obscene long-term contracts when you should have aimed for younger talent who ended up at other A-League clubs? In V1 you were lucky to win it, I thought.

Kosmina is awful tactically, but most A-League coaches are anyway.

fedelta

kepo said:
At our club, there is alot of expectation to succeed. Look at the start of the season all the opposition coaches said we were a threat for the title race.

Seems to me at sydney,
We think we have a right to succeed
We think we have a right making the finals.

Not making the finals will bring a large wake up call on our whole squad.
Next season again will be another big clean out of players.

Culina was sacked because he played attractive football but didn't get results.
Butcher did neither, and he was the reason why sasho left.
Littbarski left because he wouldn't except a pay cut from the board.

Its the hardest job in the country to manage our side.

Stability is the key.

rofl, where did you copy that from?

Redline

You got it in one Atticus...of course he wasn't going to stay.

And Butcher is not the worst coach you've had if you're looking at wins. Culina is, followed by Kossie.

FFC Mariner

LOL at SFC fans and their denial.

You decided to hire the old Sydney Hakoah management and it has been an epic fail.

Check Kosmina's coaching record. Its f**king shite. Reason, he is a v poor coach and has the record to back it up. Vidmar was the brains behind Adelaide and that has become blindingly obvious this season.

You then spunked $1.4m on a crippled has been who cant play to whatever this weeks system is.

The sooner they get another side in Sydney that decides to become a community based club, your pathetic franchise will whither and die.

kepo

Greenpoleffc said:
The sooner they get another side in Sydney that decides to become a community based club, your pathetic franchise will whither and die.
LMAO, We will never die.  ::)

fedelt said:
rofl, where did you copy that from?
i typed it Mr. Carrad

At the end of the day SFC is in a large slump and will be an interesting month.
But its the A-league, anything can happen.

Sean

Greenpoleffc said:
LOL at SFC fans and their denial.

You decided to hire the old Sydney Hakoah management and it has been an epic fail.

Check Kosmina's coaching record. Its f**king shite. Reason, he is a v poor coach and has the record to back it up. Vidmar was the brains behind Adelaide and that has become blindingly obvious this season.

You then spunked $1.4m on a crippled has been who cant play to whatever this weeks system is.

Surely Adelaide getting the premiership and reaching the grand final is a pretty big acheivement by any Coach. It was his temper which lost him his spot at AUFC.

David Votoupal

Worth noting Kosmina did well to get Adelaide United to 3rd in the NSL's last season with a quickley put together team.

In V1 he topped the league but choked in the finals, in V2 performances were very average and he was criticised for picking favourites. Then the GF defeat.

Well at Sydney FC, he inherited a situation that nobody was able to fix, being lumbered with overpaid, overrated crap and still got them into the finals. This season though?

FFC Mariner

Well he went and paid $1.4m for a piece of over paid, over rated crap so he didnt seem to learn lol.

Zdonkey would have given him the same results for 20% of the expense

David Votoupal

Greenpoleffc said:
Well he went and paid $1.4m for a piece of over paid, over rated crap so he didnt seem to learn lol.

Except that:
1) Aloisi scored goals for the Mariners last season
2) Aloisi has had a much better career than Zdonkey

clarence

Greenpoleffc said:

+1.

Sydney haven't learned from past mistakes.

David Votoupal said:
Except that:
1) Aloi$i scored goals for the Mariners last season
2) Aloi$i has had a much better career than Zdonkey

Well......last season WAS last season. Heard of the phrase, played one season too many? I really hope that Aloi$i hasn't done that, but whatever is happening at that club, current results are saying that the money spent on their marquee was a waste. It's either player form or Kosmina's tactics.

On a side note, I think Lawrie had to accommodate having both Sasho and Aloi$i up front last year.

There is argument that Lawrie might be a better tactician than Kosmina, or another argument that our midfield from last year was providing our forward line with better service than what Sydney's is providing theirs now.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I reckon it might be Dutchy...apparently he got sprung texting the bench in Wellington.......I didnt know that contacting the squad when your on a sideline ban is a big fat no no...I just thought he couldnt physically be there.... if its proven he blatantluy ignored a FFA ruling..he would have to go just for the lack of respect or whatever

this from 4-4-2

JETS coach Gary Van Egmond could be handed a please explain from the FFA after it was reported he may have breached his touchline ban during Newcastle's recent game against Wellington.
Van Egmond coached his side from a vantage point next to the media boxes at Westpac stadium during his side's round 12 clash against Phoenix."Van Egmond was in the Radio Press Box along with a 'minder' from the FFA, but as soon as the FFA chap shot out the door, he [Van Egmond] was straight on the mobile, sending texts down to the guys on the sideline," reported Adam Brown on stuff.co.nz.

It's understood the story has been picked up by Prime/Sky TV in New Zealand who have contacted the FFA about the matter.

One witness also told au.fourfourtwo.com that at one point Van Egmond became extremely agitated.

"He threw his mobile phone into the floor in anger," he said. "It looked like he had a problem with the phone's signal."

clarence

RECKY said:
I reckon it might be Dutchy...apparently he got sprung texting the bench in Wellington.......I didnt know that contacting the squad when your on a sideline ban is a big fat no no...I just thought he couldnt physically be there.... if its proven he blatantluy ignored a FFA ruling..he would have to go just for the lack of respect or whatever

this from 4-4-2

JETS coach Gary Van Egmond could be handed a please explain from the FFA after it was reported he may have breached his touchline ban during Newcastle's recent game against Wellington.
Van Egmond coached his side from a vantage point next to the media boxes at Westpac stadium during his side's round 12 clash against Phoenix."Van Egmond was in the Radio Press Box along with a 'minder' from the FFA, but as soon as the FFA chap shot out the door, he [Van Egmond] was straight on the mobile, sending texts down to the guys on the sideline," reported Adam Brown on stuff.co.nz.

It's understood the story has been picked up by Prime/Sky TV in New Zealand who have contacted the FFA about the matter.

One witness also told au.fourfourtwo.com that at one point Van Egmond became extremely agitated.

"He threw his mobile phone into the floor in anger," he said. "It looked like he had a problem with the phone's signal."

Oooh, that doesn't sound good. GVE might have to surrender phone records and all his assistants and trainers too. If proven, could we see GVE with an assistant or two in their own isolation box for the rest of the season, lol?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred