• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New Owners?

FFC Mariner

With the council effectively broke, can we expect much support from them - assuming that support meant atually doing something.

Of course, if they need to cut costs, dumping an expensive stadium might be a good idea :)

pjennings

The Council got a whole lot of Federal money for road upgrades as part of the LIB 'Congestion Busting Infrastructure'. The Council could spend less on filling in potholes in Terrigal (Council responsibility) and more on 'Congestion Busting Infrastructure' i.e. a second entrance road to the COE then

midfielder

^^^^^
PJ you may have knowledge or another poster may as well.

My understanding is the CEO needs some council approvals and maybe spending on roads or round-about's to further develop the CEO.

MC has indicated this has been an issue for a long time now.

Anyone up to date with the above or am I incorrect about council delays at the CEO.

style_cafe

^^^^^

My understanding is the CEO needs some council approvals and maybe spending on roads or round-about's to further develop the CEO.

Anyone up to date with the above or am I incorrect about council delays at the CEO.
CEO or COE? ...:popcorn:

pjennings

^^^^^

This is my understanding - no inside knowledge - just what I have seen reported over the years.

It has been a long running saga. Once the office block was built the council said that any further development needed another access. The original second access was planned as Ibis Rd.

1) I believe, big caveat there, that tacit approval had been given but was put on hold until the Pacific Highway and Wyong Road intersection was upgraded.
2) After the upgrade to lights there was a further delay as a RMS study was conducted.
3) CCM were told that Ibis Rd was no longer suitable and that no further development would be going on north of Wyong Road that needed access from Byrant Drive.
4) Council developed the Central Coast Sport precinct with access from Byrant Drive.
5) Council has announced a Stage 2 of the Central Coast Sport precinct access from Byrant Drive.
6) CCM still not allowed to extend without another access.
7) Council has ballparked the alternate access at between $10-$20 million.

midfielder

Thanks PJ that 10 to 20 million road cost is huge.

If amazes me at times MacDonalds and the like get all sorts of of road adjustments.. But that's a huge upfront cost to even start the COE development.

Hope that does not become the deal breaker.

Michael

This is my understanding - no inside knowledge - just what I have seen reported over the years.

It has been a long running saga. Once the office block was built the council said that any further development needed another access. The original second access was planned as Ibis Rd.

1) I believe, big caveat there, that tacit approval had been given but was put on hold until the Pacific Highway and Wyong Road intersection was upgraded.
2) After the upgrade to lights there was a further delay as a RMS study was conducted.
3) CCM were told that Ibis Rd was no longer suitable and that no further development would be going on north of Wyong Road that needed access from Byrant Drive.
4) Council developed the Central Coast Sport precinct with access from Byrant Drive.
5) Council has announced a Stage 2 of the Central Coast Sport precinct access from Byrant Drive.
6) CCM still not allowed to extend without another access.
7) Council has ballparked the alternate access at between $10-$20 million.

The council absolutely well and truly 100% purposely f**ked us over there. To then go and build that shit hole “sport precinct” that is literally locked off to the general public and has been literally used 3 times since built is the biggest spit in the face of the only pro sport team this region has really had. And for what reason?!?!.... can anyone, anyone even come up with a comical reason?
Living on the central coast and dealing with this council is a life long brain game in how not to have a brain meltdown and go and do something criminal.
I have a close friend who’s investment family trust is worth literally 500mill and I jokingly suggest they buy our Mariners (he’s was a season ticket holder for years like myself). I’ve never been laughed at so hard in my life.

style_cafe

Thanks PJ that 10 to 20 million road cost is huge.

If amazes me at times MacDonalds and the like get all sorts of of road adjustments.. But that's a huge upfront cost to even start the COE development.

Hope that does not become the deal breaker.

The new owner should look to buy the block of land behind the storage place.
It has road access to the Geoffrey Rd Roundabout on Wyong Rd.
See google earth

Last edited:

Wombat

I am prepared to accept the article at face value.

Assuming the council come on board and given their meeting to keep the Mariners on the Coast ... maybe we can assume its a process now ... I hope so anyway.

BUT BUT BUT, given he wants to keep the team on the Coast, and he wants to takeover the CEO, and that he wants to improve the CEO... and he is Australian, and although he lives in Sydney he is close enough to be involved... it ticks a lot of boxes especially if you consider the state of the league and at this stage FFA have not released what funding they will give the clubs..

CoE Middy. You will be making Shaun a little nervous.

Wombat

The council absolutely well and truly 100% purposely f**ked us over there. To then go and build that shit hole “sport precinct” that is literally locked off to the general public and has been literally used 3 times since built is the biggest spit in the face of the only pro sport team this region has really had. And for what reason?!?!.... can anyone, anyone even come up with a comical reason?
Living on the central coast and dealing with this council is a life long brain game in how not to have a brain meltdown and go and do something criminal.
I have a close friend who’s investment family trust is worth literally 500mill and I jokingly suggest they buy our Mariners (he’s was a season ticket holder for years like myself). I’ve never been laughed at so hard in my life.

Your mate is possibly a bit short sighted. The Mariners in the right hands......a switched on developer or entrepreneur is a marketers dream.

crock

unless Charlesworth says that he will remain owner i assume he is still intending on selling it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred