• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New coach - now we know

Meerkat

We all have to give the guy a chance, however I do fear “the years of mediocrity starts again”.
He will get a chance. Next Wednesday at the stadium. Followed by a few more chances after that if things go well and best case scenario he proves us all wrong and we are singing his praises by seasons end. I will freely admit if I was wrong. And gladly.

Reality is though that most of us are already pissed and were hoping for better so the onus is well and truly on him to win us over.

Literally.

Wombat

Apparently he did a great job with Leeds U23's. He would have been working with some seriously good young players there.

His connections will be amazing.

I would have preferred Ben Cahn but most of all I'm just glad it wasn't Jesse Marsch.

Fingers crossed on this appointment.

Welcome to the Coast Mark.

1st job.....bring Charlie Cresswell in to be our starting CB please.

Attachments

• jackson.jpg
    jackson.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Tevor

Just remember it could have been Moon. I’m not passing judgement until he shows us how he manages this team. To be honest I was underwhelmed when Monty moved into the role as I thought it was too early and I got that wrong. Deserves our support until the wheels fall off which hopefully isn’t the case.

Good to see a lot of passionate fans on the forum. I’m glad there is a game next week so we get back to football and not speculation.

Ozhammer

Not sure how to view this if I am being honest. He may well be a capable coach but surely can’t have much grasp of the challenges of the A League. Might be an argument for him to appoint a local assistant coach to help him assimilate?

I also sincerely doubt he will have anything like the attraction to players that Monty and Serge had and his connections with Leeds will have limited use given those would likely only be relevant to visa spots.

It’s done now, so we all need to wait and see how he goes but I am hoping against hope that the club knows what it is doing.

Last edited:

Deej

He will get a chance. Next Wednesday at the stadium. Followed by a few more chances after that if things go well and best case scenario he proves us all wrong and we are singing his praises by seasons end. I will freely admit if I was wrong. And gladly.

Reality is though that most of us are already pissed and were hoping for better so the onus is well and truly on him to win us over.

Literally.

Reactions: adz

Corsair

Pay peanuts get monkeys. Not excited about this at all unfortunately. Predicting gone by January or at best a season.

Let's hope I'm totally wrong and get some egg on my face.

If it goes South hopefully the quality in the squad can pull us through.

I thought we hired him to be first team coach not academy coach? The rhetoric makes it sound like a business driven decision to sell youth players not win the league, that doesn't make me passionate.

Definitely got a lot to prove, very skeptical but I'll give him a chance, hope he's got the stones.

Michael

How does anyone know what we’re paying him?
He wouldn’t be cheaper than Ben Cahn. We’ve had to move the bloke from the f**king UK ?

Pirate Pete

Someone posted this on reddit.

Matt Simon, alongside the CEO. A mate of mine was at the CCM season launch tonight where they talked about it with some detail.
Apparently they had some 56 applications for the job including a lot of the usual A-League suspects who are out of work and a few overseas names you’d know, including an Englishman who’s coached some pretty big EPL clubs. I’m not mentioning who for fear of outing my source, but I was surprised that person would be interested in coming to the A-League given he is definitely a known name who still does a lot of work in EPL media. Jackson was apparently the standout given his experience and dedication to developing youth players and his attitude, personality and vision was the strongest match for the club. It does sound like they knew exactly what kind of manager they were looking for to replace Monty and recruiting Jackson wasn’t some random choice.

Michael

Matt Simon, alongside the CEO. A mate of mine was at the CCM season launch tonight where they talked about it with some detail.
Apparently they had some 56 applications for the job including a lot of the usual A-League suspects who are out of work and a few overseas names you’d know, including an Englishman who’s coached some pretty big EPL clubs. I’m not mentioning who for fear of outing my source, but I was surprised that person would be interested in coming to the A-League given he is definitely a known name who still does a lot of work in EPL media. Jackson was apparently the standout given his experience and dedication to developing youth players and his attitude, personality and vision was the strongest match for the club. It does sound like they knew exactly what kind of manager they were looking for to replace Monty and recruiting Jackson wasn’t some random choice.
It’s a nice insight, but also states the obvious.

It’s literally only Facebook numpty’s and Ben Cahn fanatics that don’t like the appointment.

Avoca

Nice. I’d be interested to know what EPL club. If I could take a guess, I’d say The Blades.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred