• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New coach - now we know

Coastalraider

Let’s be completely honest, apart from Monty being a local hero, this guys groundwork is significantly better. More coaching, also with juniors but in a much much better comp, with better youth and under better systems and head coaches than the dumpster fire was that Monty walked into as a coach.

I get the love for Cahn, but I can see the potential of this. I’m excited.

And saying ‘good coaches in England stay in England’ - I counter that with ‘good coaches in Australia go to England(UK) as well, of which 2 have actually been able to do that I can think of, Ange and Monty. Saying hes not good enough for UK footy therefore not good enough for a low budget A league team is a bit of a long straw to draw.

Huddo

This is probably going to piss Ben Cahn fans off….
Yes, on paper given his history with the club. Ben was a great candidate. His NPL track record is good and all. But would those Ben Cahn fans put their mortgages on a guarantee that he would be a success and continue the upward trajectory? No. No one would. No one would do the same for this new bloke, whom we know nothing genuine about except a few interviews and articles. And that’s the point.
But is this new blokes resume as a youth coach better? Yes. Would he have better connections in the UK for potential visa signings that Ben? Most likely. I’d say yes off face value. Have we seen this new blokes tactical philosophy on paper? No.
We’ve seen he set a team up to desperately fight relegation in a shit league.
Ben Cahn didn’t get the job. Move on.
Back this bloke until he proves we shouldn’t.
We can predict it’ll be a shit fight all we want (based off one bad gig at f**king MK Dons who were always getting relegated) but who’s to say it’ll turn out that way.

The instant hate is bemusing.

If he doesn't make it, the questions won't just be directed at him.

Not just that, the question will then be asked why wasn't it Cahn.

But that doesn't matter at the moment, like I said I will give him a chance.

Michael

If he doesn't make it, the questions won't just be directed at him.

Not just that, the question will then be asked why wasn't it Cahn.

But that doesn't matter at the moment, like I said I will give him a chance.
People just need to accept that his CV is better than Ben’s. Even with a relegation.
And ofcourse they’re going to take Monty’s endorsement as a key factor.

FFC Mariner

Wow.png
She copped a few replies too that she may not find so funny

Ironbark

A Leeds youth coach ought to have the skills to develop young players. Would definitely have some decent connections too. If he is a recommendation of Monty's I'm sure Monty/Serg will sling good prospects his way too.

There will no doubt be an adjustment period. Barring clear head scratching moments (see Okon/Mulvey) we'll have to wear it with patience. Give it a season at least.

I was keen on Cahn but the club got it right with Monty so happy to go on this ride and see. It worked out pretty damn well last time!

Welcome, Mark.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred