• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League

Jesus

Jesus
Kareem said:
marinersman said:
I don't support a NZ team in our comp and never will. I look at it this way, I would rather have a say, GC or NQ or Western Sydney, anybody over a NZ club. Why deprive fans the opportunity to see their local teams to have an overseas club in our comp?

We could be blooding more young Australian boys if it was an Australian club instead. If the Kiwi players are good enough, they will get a guernsey at one of our clubs.

We owe NZ Football nothing and include them at the expense of Aus boys and Aus fans. Not on as far as I'm concerned.
:postcount:

There are maybe 1 or 2 more NZ players than there would be in the Nix were not in the comp. We would just be selling tv rights for less if they were not there.

RADINHO

Jocwa08 said:
i reckon we sign a good,
forgein u23's that will be
in the first grade.

I agree 100% lets get some young foreign players not oldies who come to the A-league to retire!

Bear

Somehow, I get the feeling that the youth league is for up and coming Australian youth, not foreign players, but I may be wrong..

Jocwa08

Bearinator said:
Somehow, I get the feeling that the youth league is for up and coming Australian youth, not foreign players, but I may be wrong..

It is but look at adelaide and cassio.
I just want the mariners to produce
a cassio he was on fire in
the acl. Even if its young sheffeild
players i wouldnt mind.

Bear

Jocwa08 said:
Bearinator said:

players i wouldnt mind.

Cassio is not under 23, so this ^ makes no sense. I doubt we will sign any under23 foreign player other than a Sheffield player, IF Lawrie thinks there is one good enough.

Hagar the Horrible

If it was good enough for Liverpool to sign Ronald Huth, then I can't see why it would be out of order for an Australian club to sign a young South American or 2.

Jocwa08

Bearinator said:
Jocwa08 said:
Bearinator said:

players i wouldnt mind.

Cassio is not under 23, so this ^ makes no sense. I doubt we will sign any under23 foreign player other than a Sheffield player, IF Lawrie thinks there is one good enough.

basically i want a brazilian as good as cassio

Sean

A-League on agenda for youth
Article from: The Mercury

* Font size: Decrease Increase
    * Email article: Email
    * Print article: Print
    * Submit comment: Submit comment

WALTER PLESS

May 27, 2008 12:00am

A Tasmanian youth soccer team will play against four youth teams from A-League clubs later this year.
Tasmania will play against teams from Sydney FC, Melbourne Victory and Adelaide United, which will be competing in the new National Youth League.

"We are pleased that Football Federation Australia has supported our request to play matches against NYL teams," Football Federation Tasmania CEO Martin Shaw said.

"This will not only provide a wonderful opportunity for Tasmania's best young players to test themselves against some of the best young players in Australia but will also give the Tasmanian public an opportunity to watch high-standard football."

Two games will be played in Tasmania, against Adelaide United and Melbourne Victory, while another two against Sydney FC and Adelaide United will be played as A-League curtain-raisers.

The National Youth League will commence in the coming A-League season, with all clubs except Wellington represented.

The teams will consist of players aged 17 to 21, with clubs able to play four over-age players in their team.

The Tasmanian squad will aim to limit their over-age players to under-23s to provide an opportunity for young players to continue their development.

"We are continuing to try to provide a pathway for Tasmanian players to excel at football and we believe the opportunity to play at this level is another step in that direction," Shaw said.

THE SCHEDULE:
Friday, November 7, Tasmania v Sydney FC, in Sydney

November 15 or 16, Tas v Adelaide United

November 29 Tas v Melbourne Victory

December 5, Tas v Adelaide United, in Adelaide

Jesus

Jesus
goingtoadisco said:
f**k the south amerians i want a cheap asian like song !

Song is not cheap. He took a pay cut to go to the jesters. But would still be on pretty decent money

Tassiemariner

See A-League expansion thread mate.

On the youth team, the try-outs for that Tasmanian team are on tonight, I'm actually quietly confident we'll get some good results against these Youth teams

kevrenor

Round 2:
Adelaide United FC 3(Francesco Monterosso (20' 28'), Robert Younis 85') - Central Coast Mariners FC 0, and Melbourne Victory FC 0 - Perth Glory FC 2 (Adrian Trinidad (34' 92'), Sydney FC 2 (Adam Biddle 68, Chris Payne 75') defeated Queensland Roar FC 1 (Joshua McVey 19').
Small consolation for Glory, as they lead the NYL with 6 points from 2 wins.

Marquee

why then hell would Adrian Trinidad play youth league instead of the first team if he was fit??
He's alot better then some of the rubbish Perth (senior team ) have running round

FFC Mariner

Hmmmmmmm..

Mitchell plays absolute shit footballers who he KNOWS are crap while leaving talented kids in the yoof set up.

A question that will no doubt be asked at the clubs "enquiry" this week

Kris

Greenpoleffc said:
Hmmmmmmm..

Mitchell plays absolute shit footballers who he KNOWS are crap while leaving talented kids in the yoof set up.

A question that will no doubt be asked at the clubs "enquiry" this week

I disagree. It's more the fact that our players are underperforming. Apparently adrian being dropped was due to a bit of an argument with Mitch. It's a shame really.

GloryTalk covered the match between Sydney FC & Perth Glory in the youth setup, and I tell you what, it was a fantastic encounter. Sydney FC's youth could really take the youth title this year.

midfielder

Good move IMO by FFA...

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/ffa-allows-young-guns-to-squeeze-under-cap-20100421-t09o.html

FFA allows young guns to squeeze under cap
SEBASTIAN HASSETT
April 22, 2010

FOOTBALL Federation Australia's push to increase the breathing space for A-League clubs under pressure from the salary cap continued yesterday with player contract rules being altered once again - this time in a bid to keep more young players in Australia.

The new regulations will allow A-League clubs to sign up to three of the club's National Youth League players to minimum wage contracts - which have been boosted by 2.2 per cent - outside of the salary cap.

The move has come in response to repeated calls from clubs for more protection from poaching by rival clubs, with several examples having already emerged of clubs raiding opponents' youth ranks and plundering their up-and-coming talent.

The new regulations will also give clubs a week-long buffer period to negotiate with a youth team player once an approach has been made by another club.

FFA national technical director Han Berger said the changes were being implemented with a view to providing greater incentive to clubs to develop talent from within. "This change gives clubs the opportunity to hold on to and develop their most talented young players, " Berger said. ''It is important to see more young players performing in the A-League.

"We believe these changes are very necessary for clubs to have more certainty on the professional progress of their players and gives clubs the opportunity to fast track their development, with improved financial stability giving young players more time to train with the first team."

Such laws would have made it far easier for Sydney FC to hold on to Steve Lustica and Sean Rooney, who were snatched a year ago by Gold Coast and the Newcastle Jets respectively without any form of compensation for the Sky Blues.

The changes would have also increased the club's bargaining power in the case of exciting youngster Kerim Bulut. Sydney officials confirmed that the 18-year old would have played in the A-League grand final had he not accepted an offer with a Czech club.

The news of the changes comes just days after the announcement that clubs will be able to sign a ''Socceroos marquee'' player in addition to the existing marquee deal.

Meanwhile, Sydney FC have confirmed that young defender Seb Ryall successfully underwent wrist surgery and is recovering well. Ryall is being groomed as the long-term replacement for departed centre-half Simon Colosimo and will shift from right-back to central defence.

Midfielder Rhyan Grant, who tore the medial ligaments in his left ankle in February, has resumed walking after the screw in his ankle was removed yesterday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred