• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League

skilbeck

yeah i agree the nix should be in the youth league as if they arent they will be in the dark ages competitively for years

adz

Staff member
skilbeck said:
yeah i agree the nix should be in the youth league as if they arent they will be in the dark ages competitively for years

isn't the youth league about developing Australian players though? not sheep shaggers? surely the 'nix could still benefit from the league by picking off some of the players as they develop for their senior squad...

marinersman

adz said:
skilbeck said:

isn't the youth league about developing Australian players though? not sheep shaggers? surely the 'nix could still benefit from the league by picking off some of the players as they develop for their senior squad...

I agree totally Adz. The NYL is all about developing Aus players and the sheep shaggers have nothing to do with this.

Sure they could have a few Aus youth players but they would use it to develop their local talent and you wouldn't blame them for doing it given the opportunity.

Although I should also declare my disclaimer. As far as I'm concerned there should be no HAL club in NZ. Last time I looked, this was the Australian HAL run by the FFA. There is absolutely no benefit to Australian Football by having sheep shaggers in it.

Why have a NZ club when all you are doing is depriving an Aus city from having their own club? Half the Nix side are Aus players anyway, so where's the benefit of having them in the HAL?

Jesus

Jesus
One thing i love about this is, that the FFA is going to mointor and influence the style of football from the teams. Which, hopefully means that they will be training the coaches as well. Leading to higher quality coaches for the a-league in future, as well as the youngsters.

marinersman

Wellington are trying to set up their youth team in Canberra if they can change the FFA's mind and include them.

I think it would impact on our arrangement with Capital Football in regards to their youth players beeing steered our way. If they can live at home and play for their "local" NYL, I would think it would make our job harder to get them signed with us.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/72298,phoenixs-canberra-invasion-for-youth.aspx

Phoenix's Canberra Invasion For Youth
Jon Ritson
Mar 18 2008 23:14
EXCLUSIVE: Canberra has given Wellington Phoenix a significant boost in the push for A-League Youth League inclusion with the ACT likely to become the New Zealand clubs Australian base.
Phoenix officials have been in discussions with Capital Football Federation to see if there would be any objections to a Wellington presence on its turf.

A Capital Football board meeting has raised no protests and now Phoenix will step up their bid for inclusion when the FFA competition gets underway in August.

Wellington CEO Tony Pignata hopes this latest development will only strengthen the clubs position in its talks with the FFA.

Speaking exclusively to au.fourfourtwo.com Pignata said: We wrote to Capital Football about the situation and it is my understanding that there is support from its board today. Clearly it is a welcome situation to be able to go to the FFA with this development.

As first revealed by this website, Phoenix are less than impressed at being overlooked for the Youth League and feel the competition should include them.

To that end they are prepared to endure the costs of basing their youngsters on Australian soil although the exact costings and details have yet to be worked out.

If the club succeeds in pushing its case to the FFA then it is likely that a group of around 10 youngsters would be based on Australian soil with Wellington-based players flown across the Tasman to supplement the squad for matches.

Phoenix will now look for further discussions with the FFA. Pignata said: We believe it can be done. We established an entire football club in only a few months. Were pretty determined.

With ourselves included we feel the league would be all the better for it. Youd then have eight teams and no need for a bye.

Phoenix believe by looking to base their set up in Australia they are showing willingness to compromise. They would also be prepared to endure greater costs than rivals.

When first revealing Phoenixs determination to push this through, Pignata said at the time: If the other seven teams in the A-League have the opportunity to take advantage of the new youth structure but we dont then thats clearly not something we are happy with.

"We wouldnt want to find ourselves falling behind the other clubs in that way.

Alicia

Just on Wellington, two of their players are coming across to play for the Macarthur Rams Premier League side, Steven Old and Costa Barbarouses.

Jesus

Jesus
Interestingly, Nix wont have a youth team this year, and from the sounds of their management, they will have the same ability they had this year with regards to injury replacements. Will be interesting to see if they do an aloisi.

Another good reason to let them have a youth league team. But basing them on the mainland will save costs for other clubs, i presume that is the assumption of the ffa, as well as the main reason they have not been included to date.

According to FIFA they are an australian club, based in NZ. Rather than a NZ club playing in the a-league. Hence they dont qualiy for the "O-league". All of which sounds absurd, but means that they will be looking to either the FFA to really take this up with FIFA, or looking to the ffa to allow them any possible ACL place they may earn. Since they are deemed an australian club.

Omni

The reason the FFA passed on a 'Nix Youth League team was because they didn't see why they should develop NZ talent.

P

Pete

Omni said:
The reason the FFA passed on a 'Nix Youth League team was because they didn't see why they should develop NZ talent.

Which begs the question of why should we have a NZ based senior HAL team at all?

Those away trips that Glory and Phoenix do each year to play each other would cost as much as Sydney, Newcastle and the Mariners would spend playing all of their rounds against each other in NSW!

Can anyone think of a greater distanced away trip in one Football league throughout the world? And what, through 3 time zones?

skilbeck

Spud said:
Omni said:

Which begs the question of why should we have a NZ based senior HAL team at all?

Those away trips that Glory and Phoenix do each year to play each other would cost as much as Sydney, Newcastle and the Mariners would spend playing all of their rounds against each other in NSW!

Can anyone think of a greater distanced away trip in one Football league throughout the world? And what, through 3 time zones?

FC Zenit St Petersburg to FC Luch Energiya Vladivostok is the first that comes to mind they are 15,000 km away from each other

Jesus

Jesus
If you didnt notice, the Nix proposal developes australian talent at a ratio of like 5:2.
Even the nix team has numerous aussies. Having 4 young kiwis, and 10 older kiwis is hardly going to increase the quality of their national team anything much compared to the rest of the league. Those NZ plaayers, if they are good enough, would be playing in other a-league clubs anyway

Omni

Yes it does but it's the Nix that have passed on the Canberra option for this year. They feel they won't have enough time to work it all out.

marinersman

I don't support a NZ team in our comp and never will. I look at it this way, I would rather have a say, GC or NQ or Western Sydney, anybody over a NZ club. Why deprive fans the opportunity to see their local teams to have an overseas club in our comp?

We could be blooding more young Australian boys if it was an Australian club instead. If the Kiwi players are good enough, they will get a guernsey at one of our clubs.

We owe NZ Football nothing and include them at the expense of Aus boys and Aus fans. Not on as far as I'm concerned.

S

soccersensei

I like Nix, and personally I want as much diversity as possible as for me it brings excitement to the competition. With proper structure, I'm a more A league teams the better man.

I don't see how having Nix is limiting blooding young Aussies, no one has been denied the chance to put a team forward because of the Nix as far as I'm aware...

rosko

marinersman said:
I don't support a NZ team in our comp and never will. I look at it this way, I would rather have a say, GC or NQ or Western Sydney, anybody over a NZ club. Why deprive fans the opportunity to see their local teams to have an overseas club in our comp?

We could be blooding more young Australian boys if it was an Australian club instead. If the Kiwi players are good enough, they will get a guernsey at one of our clubs.

We owe NZ Football nothing and include them at the expense of Aus boys and Aus fans. Not on as far as I'm concerned.

I agree....... The Nix do cost a few Aus guys the chance to play, but as with League, I think the FFA realise that they need to assist NZ in keeping the game alive and growing over there. You need to remember, we all talk up the point that this is the 'World Game', and by helping our Kiwi 'cousins' we strengthen the game in the entire Oceania region. There is no way known that they could have a competition such as this in their country, so bring 'em on I say. I hope that they continue to grow, more Aus teams will arrive, and the A League will be a giant....

Kareem

marinersman said:

:postcount:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami