• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

marinermick

Big Dyl and Danny are both playing on Saturday so it will be a good chance to see these boys with a full game under their belt.

Battle for the wooden spoon hehe

trev

yeah i will deffenatly be down there this saturday supporting our boys. will be good to both playing and get full game time

marinermick

Saturday 11 October
Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne Victory
Bluetongue Stadium
Local kick off 3.00pm AEDT
Referee:  Tim McGilchrist

Central Coast Mariners squad:  Laurence BRAUDE, Nick KAPSIS, Matthew LEWIS, Dylan MACALLISTER (OA), Sean MITCHELL, Nik MRDJA (OA), Paul O'GRADY (OA), Ty OWENS, Nathan SHERLOCK, Brady SMITH, Steven TIBBETTS, Glen TRIFIRO, Darko VIDOVIC, Danny VUKOVIC (OA), Scott WRIGHT

Unavailable:  Tim McGOWAN (leg - season)

Melbourne Victory squad:  Aziz BEHICH, Leigh BROXHAM, Ante CICAK, Fabio DI LIZIA, Matthew FOSCHINI, Stephen HATZIKOSTAS, Dimitri HATZIMOURATIS, Mijo MARINOVIC (gk), Mathew THEODORE, Steven PACE (OA), Nick WARD (OA), Andy JEREZ, Mitchell LANGERAK (gk), Robert WYNNE

Unavailable:  Antonio LA VERDE (knee season), Milos LUJIC (Qantas Young Socceroos duty), Cameron DRAKE (ankle 2 weeks)

marinermick

mmm, four strikers in that squad

will alex go for three up front?

the youth team's real issue at the moment is dominance in the middle of the park

the players (mitchell, braude, trifiro) are extremely skilfull and mobile but do not impose themselves physically enough

all are similar players

Razorback

Thats an interesting squad especially taking into account the over age players.

I'm very impressed if Macca put his hand up to play in this match and was not asked, shows great a work ethic and I feel a genuine repect for the competition and the club. Also the return of Vukovic is exciting.

The omissions are just as interesting... Where is Dapuzzo? Being under age why is he not there? If he is injured, he was fit enough to be dancing a Largo till 2 in the morning last night. No Greg Owens either, are we to assume he is due back next round against Wellington and has he hit a snag on his road to recovery.

Should be a good game... but i'll be playing cricket

bikinigirl

Greenpoleffc said:

. ty

Razorback said:
I'm very impressed if Macca put his hand up to play in this match and was not asked, shows great a work ethic and I feel a genuine repect for the competition and the club.

. or just a sign that he knows he has his work cut out getting a first team starting spot atm

FFC Mariner

Mrdja played - looks horribly unfit, lasted about 70 mins
Dylan played and scored the winner in what was a pretty ordinary game.

pjennings

Danny looked very short of a run. Defence was okay - though under pressure for a lot of the first half. Dyl and Nik played okay.

The main problem seemed to be a mssing midfield.

bikinigirl

. good to see the boys get a win today, it might lift them a bit

. that new 'keeper we had could have a future ... needs to work on his kicking a bit though

. and how was that yellow that dylan copped, what was the ref thinking?

. also good to see some of the 'big boys' there to watch the game and show support for the youngens

FFC Mariner

dru said:
pjennings said:

route one football would alleviate that problem  ;)

Brady Smith in CM didnt really work that well but I have now seen 2 of their games and believe that the club isnt too bothered by results. I suspect its all about nursing the injured seniors back and "growing" the next generation.

I reckon there are 2 or 3 who could easily be in the HAL in a year or 2 and whilst winning any game is nice, the development side is more important

marinermick

dru said:
pjennings said:

route one football would alleviate that problem  ;)

stringers was trying to go route one with very little success

was fortunate that my cricket game finished early and i was able to grab the second half

dylan's yellow was a complete joke

did anyone else notice how completely brilliant danny's save was from a header that was ajudged offside?

dibo

marinermick said:
did anyone else notice how completely brilliant danny's save was from a header that was ajudged offside?

ball seems behind him, big paw comes out - DENIED!

great to see he's looking sharp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred