• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

bikinigirl

marinermick said:
did anyone else notice how completely brilliant danny's save was from a header that was ajudged offside?

. yep, like i said that new 'keeper could have a future in the game

FFC Mariner

The more I watch Glen Trifiro, the more he impresses. What a good worker in CM. Hard as nails for his age too.

The next Jedi perhaps??

Razorback

Haven't seen a game yet but I've heard this blokes name a few times. Anyone else impressing or future A league players

grendel

marinermick said:
dylan's yellow was a complete joke

it happened very quickly, but I think it was for 'failing to retire 10yds at taking of free kick'.  The kick was quickly taken inside the centre circle and dylan (also within the centre circle - a bit of a giveaway since it is 10 yds radius!) ran onto the ball and intercepted it.  Ref had given a similar yellow earlier in the game.  If it's a joke to enforce the laws of the game then...ha, ha!

FFC Mariner

Razorback said:
Haven't seen a game yet but I've heard this blokes name a few times. Anyone else impressing or future A league players

Possibly Sherlock and 1 out of Brady Smith/Ty Owens.

Roy Law

First time I have seen them play; good turn out; hope that these games are regular curtain raisers for the A League. Glen Trifiro was excellent - good touch, composed, strong , aware and takes a mean corner. Of the others i liked the look of the left back - athletic, calm and a great tackler and Ty Owens sure is quick and Sherlock is a Wilkinson clone. O'Grady did a good job of marshalling the young defence, after the first half hour when we went missing in midfield and Melbourne got a fortunate goal we were well on top. If the game was supposed to be a work out for Mrdja then it didn't happen, I reckon I put in more effort just by walking to the stadium. And somebody should tell the referee that it isn't necessary to wave a yellow card just because you have awarded a free kick. There were no prospective Kewells or Emertons or Okons on show for us or Melbourne but it was still enjoyable and I will be back (provided its not played at Pluim)

FFC Mariner

Yes, congrats to the club for using BT.

Reasonable crowd, looked to be at least 1,000, maybe more. Beer, food and posh seats for us plebs.

I noticed that it rained just after kick off so those nasty rain drops might have hurt poor Nik???

Where was Owens (snr)??

bikinigirl

grendel said:
marinermick said:
dylan's yellow was a complete joke

it happened very quickly, but I think it was for 'failing to retire 10yds at taking of free kick'.  The kick was quickly taken inside the centre circle and dylan (also within the centre circle - a bit of a giveaway since it is 10 yds radius!) ran onto the ball and intercepted it.  Ref had given a similar yellow earlier in the game.  If it's a joke to enforce the laws of the game then...ha, ha!

. not quite the way i remember it (but i have been wrong before) melbourne took the quick kick and dylan tackled the receiver and was then penalised. is he required to retreat the ten before he can be involved in tha play again, even if the ball is played beyond him and somebody else has already touched the ball?

. i also thought by the time he got involved the ball would have travelled the ten, but again could be wrong. but it did keep him quiet from then on

. the earlier yellow was more for a tactical obstruction because it stopped them from taking the quick kick

Greenpoleffc said:
Where was Owens (snr)??

. didn't think he was included in the squad (at any stage) and we already had too many of the 'old fogeys' in the team

Bear

Youth team for today...

Central Coast Mariners squad: Laurence BRAUDE, Andre GUMPRECHT (OA), Nick KAPSIS, Matthew LEWIS, Andrea MERENDA (OA)*, Sean MITCHELL, Matthew NASH (gk) (OA), Greg OWENS (OA), Ty OWENS, Nathan SHERLOCK, Brady SMITH, Steven TIBBETTS, Glen TRIFIRO, Darko VIDOVIC, Scott WRIGHT
*pending international clearance

Unavailable Tim McGOWAN (Broken Leg Indefinite)

FFC Mariner

Kids played to their ability, Scum were just light years ahead TBH.

Whoever played up front for us is more unfit than I am

Rowdy

Watched the first half and about 10 mins of the second, very disappointing.

Thought it was only guy's like Ty and Brady who were afflicted with the 'skin every man that stands B4 me!"?????

The whole teams infected with this insidious disease. Seems to me that the majority of the team aren't satisfied with themselves unless they have at least 3 touches of the ball before releasing/passing or worst taking on every opposition player regardless of where thay are on the park.

Constant "Fiddle-Farting" around with the ball when simple clean control & pass to space is all that is required.

Shame Fergie's not around to put the fear of god into these kids for their style of play, Tob's is a nice guy i'm sure, but as Grunta mentioned to me when we were watching it's as if he coaches with a "would you mind holding it up, dropping back etc,.... thanks"

Overall,K.I.S.S............Keep.It.Simple.Stupid!  :-*

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred