National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by Paolo, Aug 5, 2008.

1. bikinigirl

bikinigirl Well-Known Member

. so both teams have been modelled on their respective senior teams :p :oops:

. sounds like the kids were unlucky ... but on the whole they have done well, it's a shame they won't be playing the final on a bigger stage

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

Yeah, did have a bit of a chuckle about the youth proving that they are just as capable of executing the Mariners game plan of conceding as early as you possibly can.

It is a shame, on the strength of yesterday it looked like they deserved to be in the finals. SFC were beaten all over the park except for their keeper. And they took their chances where it counts most.

3. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Sounds like the boys are on the up

4. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Magoo number 2 with defending only his brother could be proud of.

Melbourne City hit the post 4 times and should of lead 4-0 at half time but somehow where behind 2-1 and needed 2 penalties to win.

SFC didn't look that impressive

Tonyik was that good today for City but has looked great in the seniors.

Azarni looks really good

The Ibini clone looked for SFC as well

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. JoyfulPenguin

JoyfulPenguin Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  6. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

I know it's over but a thought on the anniversary of Johan Cruyff's death ... RIP

"I let all youth teams play the same way, like the first team. I always put the emphasis on learning. Sometimes I had the suspicion the youth coaches were more concerned with winning. They cared more about their own reputation."
    "I cared only about the interest of the club. When a player with talent couldn't defend I put him in defence so he could learn, but that could cost a point. But I didn't care, I was busy developing the player."

• Like Like x 3
  7. JoyfulPenguin

JoyfulPenguin Well-Known Member

Adam Pearce has been named the player of the season for NYL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

YOOF won 2.1 over Mt Druitt today. Some good football by both sides.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

NPL2 boys lost to WSW today blowing a 2-0 halftime lead letting in 3 in 5 or 6 mins. Mariners meltdown from the young lads

10. Rowdy

Rowdy Well-Known Member

Wow ! :eek:
    Maybe self evidence of why Okon is considering/trialling Michael Stojanovski, a defender from NPL2 North Shore Mariners & NOT one of our own CCM Academy boys.

11. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1