• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Yoda

Wales, Fox & Petratos all had a chance 1v1 with keeper, but unfortunately all failed to beat the keeper, Reese Papas had a great free kick dipping into the bottom left hand corner from just outside the box, but again, SFC keeper was up to the task. Wales also had a venomous strike hit crossbar in the top left corner.

The early opening goal was from a corner, i thought Pearce had it covered but Faty nodded it past him.

And finally at around 83 mins, it looked like the referee had pointed to the spot, only for it to be given a free kick inches outside the box.

Yoda

I have to ask why we didnt send out a stronger team?
Other than Bingham and Petersen, there was no one else we could've played.

I'm a big fan of Peter Kekeris on the left wing - quick, good on the ball, i'd happily see him sitting on the first team bench.

Pirate Pete

Wales, Fox & Petratos all had a chance 1v1 with keeper, but unfortunately all failed to beat the keeper, Reese Papas had a great free kick dipping into the bottom left hand corner from just outside the box, but again, SFC keeper was up to the task. Wales also had a venomous strike hit crossbar in the top left corner.

The early opening goal was from a corner, i thought Pearce had it covered but Faty nodded it past him.

And finally at around 83 mins, it looked like the referee had pointed to the spot, only for it to be given a free kick inches outside the box.
That was definitely inside the penalty area. I was stood by the fence pretty close to it.
Everyone around thought the ref pointed to the spot.

Agree with FP. 3-0 was not the story of the game. The first goal, the ball came towards Faty. He had a look of WTF on his face and it bounced in off his chest. Not much he could do about it.

dibo

Maybe we lost to a team that was better on the day. Quit casting around for someone to blame.

Forum Phoenix

I'm a big fan of Peter Kekeris on the left wing - quick, good on the ball, i'd happily see him sitting on the first team bench.
He was excellent. Lot of pace and runs with real confidence and purpose.

Forum Phoenix

Maybe we lost to a team that was better on the day. Quit casting around for someone to blame.

We lost but they honestly weren't better. Our players were very frustrated afterwards, piecre kicked the water bottle a mile. Knew they could have had them. Dominated for most parts in all honesty. Moved teh ball beautifully I thought - and fast.

Football nut

Petersen has not played a game for over 7 weeks, you can train all you like but match fitness is different would not have been a great addiction today. Peter Kekeris needs to learn to pass the ball, disappointing today only been impressed with him the game against WSW. Bingham I think would have made a difference, just need a player that can finish. We probably had more possession and chances but just can not put them away.

Big Al

He was impressive the game I watched just needed a bigger engine that day

Big Al

Bingers, Petersen, Trent.
Can't blow Trent up 48hrs after City game for a youth game.
As mentioned Petersen hasn't been playing youth either, not Sure why
And Bingers absolutely should have played as the 3rd A League player

Well done to the boys to even be in the position but what is it with our club giving up early goals.

Will be interesting to see how they go in NPL

Football nut

Well done to the boys to even be in the position but what is it with our club giving up early goals.

Early goal was OG off Faty, not sure if the sun was in his eyes from a corner, hit him on the chest and he directed it into the goal??

Wombat

How many minutes did Trent play against city?

FFC Mariner

In reality, NYL and NSWPL2 is about developing players for the senior squad not winning comps.

Nice if we can but thats not the main aim

Football nut

In reality, NYL and NSWPL2 is about developing players for the senior squad not winning comps.

Nice if we can but thats not the main aim
"The Foxtel National Youth League model is designed to prepare players for the Hyundai A-League but Cahn says that winning big games is an important part of youth development. “Development versus winning is a continuous debate in youth football around the world,” Cahn said. “I’m a firm believer that young players need to learn how to win games and if you look at our club that always gives young players a chance it’s imperative that they have experience in winning big games and knowing what it feels like to do that. “Winning is definitely part of the development process as they get to the later stage of their development years,” Cahn said."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred