• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

pjennings

Good to see that the 2 goals for the AIS both involved our recruit for next season Liam Rose, scored one and created the other.

style_cafe

Goodo.

Had a chat with a fella in the know (Ha! I've always wanted to say that!) and he reckons we're basically focussing on playing kids but playing them in what is 100% recognisable as the CCMFC style regardless of what the scoreboard says. That will mean that we might struggle a little bit in the short term, but over time these kids will develop into our style of play and be ripe to slot into our senior squad. Once it clicks I'm sure results will come too, but they're not coming through borrowing senior players, they're coming through playing kids.

That`s a very tough assignment for a guy in his first year as a proffessional coach.
Dutchy has to turn around the mentality of a decade or so lesser coaches & turn these young players into parts of a planned football machine ,whilst not stifling their flair & creativity.On top of that he knows that his record as a coach will be tarnished by those who`s only criteria for a successful coach is the position his team finishes in the league.
Dutchy was an exceptional player in the A League.His drive & determination will one day make him an exceptional coach within the A League.
I sincerely hope it is with us!

kevrenor

NYL Season 6 - Round 11

AIS 2
(Liam Rose 26’, Marc Marino 73’)
Central Coast Mariners FC 5 (Jacob Esposito 22’, Patrick Dixon 32’, Jesse Curran 44’, Hayden Morton 45+3’, Dominic Ferguson 56’)

AIS: 30. Lucas SPINELLA, 9. Todd NORRIS, 10. Dylan SMITH (16. Jordan PUDLER 58’), 11. Marc MARINO (24. Bai ANTONIOU 55’, 11. Marc MARINO 62’) , 12. Marc OCHIENG, 15. Liam YOULLEY (6. Matthew NTOUMENOPOULOS 58’), 18. Alexander GERSBACH, 19. Bright APPIAH, 21. George TIMOTHEOU, 22. Liam ROSE*, 23. Rocco PIZZATTA

Central Coast Mariners FC: 1. David BRADASEVIC, 2. Jacob ESPOSITO, 3. Joshua FORBES, 5.Liam ODELL (4. Adrian VLASTELICA 62’), 6. Jesse CURRAN (15. Lachlan EVERITT 58’), 8. Nathan VERITY, 9. Patrick DIXON, 10. Dominic FERGUSON (6. Jesse CURRAN 84’), 11. Josh BINGHAM, 13. Hayden MORTON, 14. Steve WHYTE (7. Dillon VORSTER 58’)

YELLOW CARDS: 11. Marc MARINO, 15. Liam YOULLEY (AIS), 3. Joshua FORBES, 6. Jesse CURRAN (Central Coast Mariners)

* Released to CCMFC in April

Muppet

I must admit I have not been keep a close eye on the NYL games. We don't seem to be at the pointy end of the table unlike seasons past. Is it a case that we are not bringing in the right talent, have the wrong coach (no offence), or looking for structure over results?

dibo

I must admit I have not been keep a close eye on the NYL games. We don't seem to be at the pointy end of the table unlike seasons past. Is it a case that we are not bringing in the right talent, have the wrong coach (no offence), or looking for structure over results?
I posted about this last week:
Goodo.

Had a chat with a fella in the know (Ha! I've always wanted to say that!) and he reckons we're basically focussing on playing kids but playing them in what is 100% recognisable as the CCMFC style regardless of what the scoreboard says. That will mean that we might struggle a little bit in the short term, but over time these kids will develop into our style of play and be ripe to slot into our senior squad. Once it clicks I'm sure results will come too, but they're not coming through borrowing senior players, they're coming through playing kids.

style_cafe

Dibo..are you still in the know with Sydney Uni?
I`ve heard some good reports about a kid in the 16`s surname NEWMAN.
Could you give me any info?

dibo

Not too close to youth league guys, play all age and run the local comp, don't really have a lot to do with them.

It's a big club (600 players or so).

Jaundice

Goodo.

Sounds more like the same excuse making the dutch knvb mafia and the pigs in the FFA trough have been using taking Aus football for a ride.

Sorry Pat, you're still my son and I's hero :)

Roy Law

First time I have seen them play; good turn out; hope that these games are regular curtain raisers for the A League. Glen Trifiro was excellent - good touch, composed, strong , aware and takes a mean corner. Of the others i liked the look of the left back - athletic, calm and a great tackler.../quote]
I wrote this more than 5 years ago :)
Matt Lewis was the left back.
Does this return to the NSW PL for players signify a change of policy at the Mariners? Has our well of youth players run dry, or are they not ready yet?

kevrenor

Last home game for the season on Saturday 22/2/14

11am at Tuggerah CoE

vs AIS

come see how the threadbare younguns shape up

kevrenor

Last home game for the season on Saturday 22/2/14

11am at Tuggerah CoE

vs AIS

come see how the threadbare younguns shape up

Sorry, that was an FFA listing from 3 weeks ago. The Loose Cannon tonight states it is at Pluim Park, at 10:30am!

kevrenor

Central Coast Mariners FC 0lost to
Australian Institute of Sport 1 (Anthony Kalik 14’ pen)

At least Kalik is a signed future Mariner!

Scrappy, poor standard game

Jacob Esposito copped a yellow (seemingly in error, for one of his team-mates) and then another (probably for encroaching at a free kick) so then had red waved in the 79th minute.

The only Mariner who stood out for me was Dillon Vorster, though Esposito was OK while he stayed on.

Match report: http://back-of-the-net.com/2014/02/institute-take-away-all-3-points/

Last edited:

Roy Law

From SMH "Central Coast Mariners' junior Dejan Pandurevic has won the Australian edition of Nike's The Chance, the competition that launched the careers of Melbourne Victory's Tom Rogic and Brisbane Roar's Devante Clut.

Roy Law

The Gloria Jeans interview with Patrick is a great insight to the Mariners NYL - and to Patrick who seems to talk almost as much as Marcos! We are in good hands.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred