• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

dibo

Bex said:
Jaza_SFC said:
So getting hundreds of lads across the country to play off for a spot is bad?

Wow, there go... GO figure.

Well, if they were actually playing off for the spot that may have been good. But how many A-League players do you think will need to do a speech to a young ladies' deportment class in their lifetime?

they will need to be polite, tidy and generally give a good impression to people they meet so as to keep up the good reputation of their employers (i.e. the club).

...unless of course they're from newcastle, in which case they should publicly question their club's administration, have tantrums and talk about how they want to go overseas and otherwise generally show the good graces of your average petty thief or neighbourhood wino.

FFC Mariner

dibo said:
Bex said:
Jaza_SFC said:
So getting hundreds of lads across the country to play off for a spot is bad?

Wow, there go... GO figure.

Well, if they were actually playing off for the spot that may have been good. But how many A-League players do you think will need to do a speech to a young ladies' deportment class in their lifetime?

they will need to be polite, tidy and generally give a good impression to people they meet so as to keep up the good reputation of their employers (i.e. the club).

...unless of course they're from newcastle, in which case they should publicly question their club's administration, have tantrums and talk about how they want to go overseas and otherwise generally show the good graces of your average petty thief or neighbourhood wino.

You forgot that taking party drugs is a pre requisite too.

Razorback

Any news on Jonathon Bru... Is he still trialing with us? I think he is 23 does anyone think he could be playing Friday in the NYL or will we have to sign him. I guess what I am trying to say is can trialists play in the NYL?

Jesus

Jesus
Razorback said:
Any news on Jonathon Bru... Is he still trialing with us? I think he is 23 does anyone think he could be playing Friday in the NYL or will we have to sign him. I guess what I am trying to say is can trialists play in the NYL?

I am pretty sure they can. Also we only have 10 YL players so far. So will p[robably need him to make the numbers for bench. Or other triallists for youth team

Davo

I'm itching to see a line-up for Friday's Youth League match.  Any ideas if it'll be released prior to the game?

marinermick

Davo said:
I'm itching to see a line-up for Friday's Youth League match.  Any ideas if it'll be released prior to the game?

let's hazard a guess

nash/redmayne
? - sherlock - o'grady - tadrosse/?
? - bru - mitchell - ?
mrdja/darko - brady smith

can only fit four overage so cannot start nash, stringers, bru, tadrosse and mrdja

Davo

Smith and Mrdja up front will be crazy.  Smith hits a ball similar to Mrdja, any goalkeeper will be punished!

marinersman

Everyone will have to excuse my ignorance with ths question as I'm not familiar at all with the Lightning/Thunder programs and the development of local talent.

I'm disappointed there's only one local boy Brady Smith. Do I have this right? I am sure the management would have contracted local boys if they were good enough. Do we have a serious problem with our juniors on the Coast? Surely there must be 3 or 4 good enough? Anyone?

The U/20's Lightning are in the second GF in a row, so surely were producing them.

marinermick

marinersman said:
Everyone will have to excuse my ignorance with ths question as I'm not familiar at all with the Lightning/Thunder programs and the development of local talent.

I'm disappointed there's only one local boy Brady Smith. Do I have this right? I am sure the management would have contracted local boys if they were good enough. Do we have a serious problem with our juniors on the Coast? Surely there must be 3 or 4 good enough? Anyone?

The U/20's Lightning are in the second GF in a row, so surely were producing them.

i think you'll be surprised at how good this league will

plenty of locals tried out against the sydney boys and only smith cut the mustard

making the grand final of a lower division state league youth grand final does not stack up against boys who were playing NSWPL and were in the AIS

kevrenor

marinermick said:
marinersman said:

plenty of locals tried out against the sydney boys and only smith cut the mustard

making the grand final of a lower division state league youth grand final does not stack up against boys who were playing NSWPL and were in the AIS

It is a shame more Coasties didn't make the cut, but if this is being done right these will be the 70 or so top 16-19 year olds in the country! In last week's AFW there is an article about a guy (Brenton Smith I think) who turned down a regular Blackburn Rover Reserves spot to come back to Perth.

I'm salivating thinking about it.

Game starts at 5:15pm and With the Kendall Bar opening at 6pm there may be no excuse for those with season tickets not to catch the first half (unless the barcode can only register once? Mick? Anyone, know?)

dru

kevrenor said:
marinermick said:
marinersman said:

It is a shame more Coasties didn't make the cut, but if this is being done right these will be the 70 or so top 16-19 year olds in the country! In last week's AFW there is an article about a guy (Brenton Smith I think) who turned down a regular Blackburn Rover Reserves spot to come back to Perth.

I'm salivating thinking about it.

Game starts at 5:15pm and With the Kendall Bar opening at 6pm there may be no excuse for those with season tickets not to catch the first half (unless the barcode can only register once? Mick? Anyone, know?)

Unless something has changed tickets are one entry only! it sucks.

dru

Ted said:
Do GA tickets cover the youth match as well as the main game?

Would say so Ted, anytime there has been a support game on it has been included on the one ticket.(matildas, celebrity etc.)

Link for tickets just goes to the main game page on ticketek so I'd assume your safe to get in with your GA

kevrenor

SYDNEY
25 September 2008

The brand new National Youth League (NYL) kicks-off tomorrow and this is
the official FFA preview for NYL round 1. 

Please note  that  squads are subject to change, and  (OA) depicts
overage player (born before 1 January 1987).

Friday 26 September
Melbourne Victory v Queensland Roar
Green Gully Reserve, Green Gully Road, Keilor Downs (Melway map
reference:  14 E8)
Local kick off 3.30pm AEST
Referee:  Alex Azcurra

Melbourne Victory squad:  Mijo MARINOVIC (gk), Robert WYNNE, Ante CICAK,
Matthew FOSCHINI, Steven PANTELIDIS (OA), Cameron DRAKE, Aziz BEHICH,
Stephen HATZIKOSTA, Mathew THEODORE, Milos LUJIC, Dimitri HATZIMOURATIS,
Nathan ELASI, Daniel VASILEVSKI (OA), Steven PACE (OA), Sebastian MATTEI
(gk)

Queensland Roar squad:  Griffin McMASTER (gk) (OA), Michael RYAN,
Michael ANGUS, Tyler THURTELL, Josh McVEY, Isaka CERNAK, Matthew MUNDY,
Ben GRIFFIN (OA), Adam SAROTA, Mitch NICHOLS, Tim SMITS (OA), Matthew
ACTON (gk), Tom OAR, Chris GROSSMAN, Daniel BOWLES
Unavailable: Luke MUIR (injured), Will TUMUSIIME (injured)

Friday 26 September
Central Coast Mariners v Perth Glory
Bluetongue Stadium
Local kick off 5.15pm AEST
Referee:  Matthew Gillett

Central Coast Mariners squad:  Laurence BRAUDE, David D'APUZZO, Nick
KAPSIS, Matthew LEWIS, Sean MITCHELL, Nik MRDJA (OA), Matthew NASH (gk)
(OA), Paul O'GRADY (OA), Greg OWENS (OA), Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), Nathan
SHERLOCK, Brady SMITH, Steven TIBBETTS, Glen TRIFIRO, Darko VIDOVIC,
Scott WRIGHT
*one to be omitted

Perth Glory squad:  Ludovic BOI, Hayden DOYLE, Dean EVANS, Howard
FONDYKE, Brent GRIFFITHS, Andrija JUKIC, Frank JURIC (gk) (OA), Adam
LUCA, Scott NEVILLE, Ryan PEARSON, Nick RIZZO (OA), James SAMMUT,
Anthony SKORICH, Tando VELAPHI (gk), Reece VITTIGLIA

Saturday 27 September
Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets
Hindmarsh Stadium
Local kick off 3.45pm (4.15pm AEST)
Referee:  Stephen Toth

Adelaide United squad:  Lucas ANDRUCCI, Alexander SUNASKY, Matthew
MULLEN, Andrew CIARLA, Michael MARRONE, Joel ALLWRIGHT, Osama MALIK,
Francesco MONTEROSSO, Michael DOYLE, Shane TOBIAS, Scott WEIDNEBACH,
Angelo ARAMBATSIS
OA players to be confirmed

Newcastle Jets squad:  Jordan GRIFFITHS (gk), Jon GRIFFITHS, Joel
WITHERDIN, Simon MOONEY, Jarrad ROSS, George STROGYLOS, Taylor REGAN,
Matt HARPER, Jesse PINTO, Adrian KARAKOLEVSKI, Marko JESIC, Brodie MOOY,
Jason NAIDOVSKI, Antun KOVACIC (OA)

BYE:  Sydney FC

Next round

RD 2

Fri, 3 Oct 08
Adelaide United
v
Central Coast Mariners
Hindmarsh Stadium
4.45pm

Sat, 4 Oct 08
Sydney FC
v
Queensland Roar
Sydney Football Stadium
4.15pm

Sun, 5 Oct 08
Melbourne Victory
v
Perth Glory
Anderson Park
4.00pm

Newcastle Jets
v
BYE

dru

kevrenor said:
Perth Glory squad:  Brent GRIFFITHS

Newcastle Jets squad:  Jordan GRIFFITHS (gk), Jon GRIFFITHS,

FFS there are more of them? :vomit: and to think I used to almost respect the Glory

FFC Mariner

Greg Owens??????????????????

Some mistake surely??

I so hope he is approaching fitness because IMHO we never looked the same side last season after Kosmina's assassins got to him

dru

Greenpoleffc said:
Greg Owens??????????????????

Some mistake surely??

I so hope he is approaching fitness because IMHO we never looked the same side last season after Kosmina's assassins got to him

Was an article somewhere (i think on the mariners website) that suggested they were hopeful of him getting 20 minutes for the youth team

Perm said:
f**kING HOW MANY GRIFFITHS ARE THERE?!

Mrs Griffiths must be some slut wombat.

Knowing Newcastle they probably signed them on the surname alone.

~Floss~

KEV,

Although I suspect each barcode only works for one entry, (I've never tested it out myself), because Bluetongue is non-smoking there are passouts.

Just go out "for a cigarette," ( ;)  ;)) realise you "don't have any,"  (;)  ;)) go into the Leaguesy to "buy some" (;) ;)) and come back an hour later.... they won't suspect you of anything sinister

marinersman

marinermick said:
marinersman said:

Thanks Mick. By the sounds of it the local boys just aren't up to NYL standard at the end of the day. It's a shame but hopefully the can use the NYL as motivation to try and take the step up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred