• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

MV vs CCM MW19 - Hoodoo No.2

Big Al

3 days to plead with the league to move the game from Victoria

or Koul gets a good run and scores and we finally win in Melbourne

Urena is a big loss. He has been creating chances for Simon and getting a few himself.

Can we go back to the start of the season and pressure from the front with Kuol and Simon

If we don’t get 3 points the finals are looking shaky if they’re not already.

MV had the change of manager effect against WSW but then opened up like a sieve late. We can’t let them build any confidence

Come on you Yellow

Ben10

Changes need to be made to the starting 11- it's been well noted how flat we were against Brisbane. Not drastic changes, but get some players on who're hungry for minutes and send a message to those who have become a bit lax by making them watch from the sidelines. Sometimes a break is what's needed most and Staj needs to show some faith in the typical bench players.

Without breaking the wheel too much, something like this:

Birraz
Miller, Ruon, Kye, Jack (maybe even Hatch)
DDS, Ballard, Oli, Niz
Alou, Bouman

Tevor

We have looked very ordinary when we leave NSW, I have a bad feeling about this one as we are not flying high anymore. If we have noticed the pressure now building to keep finals hopes alive so have the players. Real test of their characters to come out after a thumping and put a side away whilst travelling. We are about to see how much we will miss Marco, can Simon score without him. If Kuol was ill he may still not be up to starting so I expect to see Bouman up front. Another short turn around and with travel so if we were flat against Roar what are we going to be this match? Like I said I'm really concerned, if they snag an early goal like last time I feel they will hold us out.

turbo

lets get back to defending every thing, and we only need 1
I dont like that mentality at all. Even if we are up by 1 Victory will feel like they're in the game and could pinch something whether its Gestede getting on a corner or one of their forwards finding a finish we know they are capable of. But they're also a team that can be broken under constant pressure so we need to put them on the back foot and keep them pinned down.

Don't give a struggling team confidence, bounce back hard after the soft display mid week.

Ironbark

Early in the season we absorbed the pressure of teams and countered, then defended like troopers. Or we pressed with our superior fitness, forced turnovers and scored.

Now it's exactly the other way around. Teams put on the high press and pressure Ollie, or absorb and counter. We create goals best when transitioning or fluid - not against a set defence.

If it were me I'd be inclined to sit back a little and then press hard when the opposition moves into the middle of the park to force a turnover and hit them on transition. Especially if Kuol is on.

Big Al

Changes need to be made to the starting 11- it's been well noted how flat we were against Brisbane. Not drastic changes, but get some players on who're hungry for minutes and send a message to those who have become a bit lax by making them watch from the sidelines. Sometimes a break is what's needed most and Staj needs to show some faith in the typical bench players.

Birraz
DDS, Ballard, Oli, Niz
Alou, Bouman
Definitely Miller. Has come back hungry and strong. Exactly what you want a any player little own a young player to do after being omitted.

Brings fresh legs and hunger

I don’t think Nigro has been bad and Staj probably won’t do it but that would be the one change I’d make along with Alou to start and ride him as much as we can. His 19 a cold should be no excuse

Huddo

I dont like that mentality at all. Even if we are up by 1 Victory will feel like they're in the game and could pinch something whether its Gestede getting on a corner or one of their forwards finding a finish we know they are capable of. But they're also a team that can be broken under constant pressure so we need to put them on the back foot and keep them pinned down.

Don't give a struggling team confidence, bounce back hard after the soft display mid week.
They could pinch one for sure, or we could hold our lines and we hit on the counter. It's what got us off the mat lasts time, and it'll get us off it again.
No one like watching it because it's pressure at the wrong end of the park, but 2 things, playing deep means our weak points in the defensive corners are backed in, and our mid can tear open defence on the counter.
It's either this, or press with a defensively geared team.

turbo

They could pinch one for sure, or we could hold our lines and we hit on the counter. It's what got us off the mat lasts time, and it'll get us off it again.
No one like watching it because it's pressure at the wrong end of the park, but 2 things, playing deep means our weak points in the defensive corners are backed in, and our mid can tear open defence on the counter.
It's either this, or press with a defensively geared team.
My feeling is there's enough recent footage available for us to work with to address our issues with a compressed defence. Look at our last victory game, what worked or didnt work for Sydney, where we went wrong with Brisbane.

If we end up chasing one or two against a team that's parking the bus we need a way to deal with it and that's been missing recently.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I guess what's going to be really interesting this game is that Staj can't rely on 'Do Plan A better'....can he?

Will Urena out force him to reconsider our formation, roster and tactics from the ground up? Or will everything stay as it is and he'll just give Nizzy a start and hope he can be like Urena, only actually fit?

MV can absolutely screw us. Again.

I think we should have this as the boys should - ideally - be firing - then it's a question or whether we can sustain that or not in future games.

It just seems that since Urena came on board, we've changed drastically in our formation and tactics from what worked so well at the start of the season.

capauau

Birraz
DDS, Ballard, Oli, Niz
Alou, Bouman
Yes give Hatch a go or even move Kye to LB and bring in Miller or Hall at CB.
Clisby's defence and positioning is questionable.
Attack stats of 134 balls into the area for only 1assist in 19 games is not impressive at all

Wombat

I'd probably bring Miller in for Nigro. The Elephant in the room is Stens who has been mostly poor since his return and is Nizzy a better option to partner Olli. Blind Freddy can see we should have brought on Alou at least at half time these last few games.

Forum Phoenix

Early in the season we absorbed the pressure of teams and countered, then defended like troopers. Or we pressed with our superior fitness, forced turnovers and scored.

Now it's exactly the other way around. Teams put on the high press and pressure Ollie, or absorb and counter. We create goals best when transitioning or fluid - not against a set defence.

If it were me I'd be inclined to sit back a little and then press hard when the opposition moves into the middle of the park to force a turnover and hit them on transition. Especially if Kuol is on.
Yeah read my mind.

Forum Phoenix

I'd probably bring Miller in for Nigro. The Elephant in the room is Stens who has been mostly poor since his return and is Nizzy a better option to partner Olli. Blind Freddy can see we should have brought on Alou at least at half time these last few games.
Agree absolutely on Miller but I don’t see Staj dropping Stens. I think the investment in playing him back to form is still worth doing.

Re Kuol, well, now Staj’s hands are forced - - but kuol hasn’t been getting a lot of minutes - out last game and before that had only had a total 90 odd minutes in the previous 5 games. And now may well struggle as a result.

Hoping he fires on all cylinders and he did get four starts at the beginning of the season, but it’s less than ideal to get his start again this way imo. Prefer when he was running hot and had the enthusiasm and momentum on his side. Still, interested to see how he goes and hope he isn’t lambasted for failing to turn our luck when he’s only been getting limited time.

Fifth yellow and we’re going to be looking at Smylie next.

FFC Mariner

Yes give Hatch a go or even move Kye to LB and bring in Miller or Hall at CB.
Clisby's defence and positioning is questionable.
Attack stats of 134 balls into the area for only 1assist in 19 games is not impressive at all
Wow, his attacking play is even worse than I thought.

You could play Hatch in front of him and move DDS inside to #10. He could play off Simon if Staj went 4411 or 4231.

I just dont think Hatch is that great a defender either.

Ads

Everyone thinks Kuol is a cert but I don't see Staj starting him. I think you'll find Bouman up front with an otherwise same team selected. Bouman has been given more time than Kuol this year and I don't see it stopping.

My thoughts as well.

However with so many people asking the question and although Staj’s job isn’t in jeopardy he might start Kuol just to please the people maybe.

Big Al

Everyone thinks Kuol is a cert but I don't see Staj starting him. I think you'll find Bouman up front with an otherwise same team selected. Bouman has been given more time than Kuol this year and I don't see it stopping.
I also don’t think he will start after sickness and low game time I think he will be super sub again

however in front of his family and friends the bloke will be keen to put on a show

Insertnamehere

This game is the making of our season. Win and we’re back on track. Lose and I don’t think we make finals.

some big calls to make. Do we change our WBs given how ordinary they’ve been lately? Do we play with some more width? Who partners Simon upfront? Do we park the bus and pinch 1-0 and be done with it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb