• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

MV vs CCM MW19 - Hoodoo No.2

Wombat

Everyone thinks Kuol is a cert but I don't see Staj starting him. I think you'll find Bouman up front with an otherwise same team selected. Bouman has been given more time than Kuol this year and I don't see it stopping.
Bouman is a solid player. BUT Kuol is an excitement machine and a better finisher pro rata than anyone else in the club. Bouman is more of the same and exactly what we don't need at the moment.

Forum Phoenix

Everyone thinks Kuol is a cert but I don't see Staj starting him. I think you'll find Bouman up front with an otherwise same team selected. Bouman has been given more time than Kuol this year and I don't see it stopping.
Shit you could be right I hope you’re wrong. Pretty sure Bouman hasn’t scored seven with 3 times as much match time,

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Ah shit, forgot Kuol was on his 4th.
Neither Bouman or Kuol play 90 minutes well. Bouman tries hard then fades. Kuol plays well against tiring defences but recently hasn't had time to affect the game. I'd like to start with a true 4-4-2 with Simon and Kuol up front.
I think this is a key issue for the team right now - and Urena is a big, big part of that as well.

I have to admit, I don't really understand how players at this level are not fit enough to play for a full match.
This is a really big test of Staj as well.

Personally, I think we should adopt this game with the same approach that worked so well at the start. Compress in defence, and capitalise on their mistakes.

To be honest, I don't think we should ever have stopped doing that - playing the much more open game we have for about the last 2 months isn't working for us.

DDS needs a big game. Specifically, he needs to actually finish this game.

Last edited:

Big Al

Have put this hear for likely hood of Koul starting is low especially with Urena out I think we Go 1 recognized striker Matt 1st half and Koul as sub. History shows Staj won’t play Koul for to long
Koulity
MW1 - Started 59mins 1 Goal Won Jets
MW2 - Started 45mins Won Mac
MW4 - Started 45mins Lost WSW
MW5 - Sub at 67min 1 Goal Won SFC
MW6 - Started 70min 1 Goal Lost Nix
MW6 - Sub at 55min 1 Assist Won City
MW7 - Sub at 60mins 2 Goals Won WU
MW8 - Sub at 77mins Won Nix
MW9 - Sub at 57mins 1 Goal Lost AU
MW10 - Sub at 63mins Won Perth
MW11 - Sub at 63mins 1 Assist Won Mac
MW12 - Sub at 59mins Draw Perth
MW13 - Sub at 67mins Lost City
MW14 - Sub at 79mins Draw MV
MW15 - Sub at 64mins 1 Goal Win Au
MW15 - Sub at 61mins Draw WSW
MW17 - Sub at 69mins Lost WU
MW18 - Sub 79mins Draw SFC
MW18 - Illness L

I can only find 3 assists but his stats say 4.

Hasn’t started since MW6 against the nix

2 goals from the 4 starts

1 goal involvement in the last 7 games. That could be due to our team not using him correctly DDS can’t shoot or the opponent now has worked us out or a combo

Ozhammer

I believe the time for caution has passed, so put our best attacking side on the park and look to score early. Then let them chase an equaliser, which allows us to look to counter for more goals.

Sounds simple eh but the best form of defence is often attack and as MVC has nothing to lose by taking the game to us, so if we try to go there to defend, we will come unstuck imho.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Anyone whose made the trip down, see ya at the Young and Jackson from 1pm. #COYY
Don't think I can make this one - but make some noise!

Was a good turnout last time.

Geez, we're 3 points ahead of equal 6/7th, with a worse GD than one of them

Macarthur play MV upcoming week so should win, then it's WU and WSW, the equal 6/7.

If we lose, and both Macarthur and WSW win, we're in 7th. If Macarthur and WU win instead, we're in 6th with a small GD advantage.

shipwreck

Just put $50 on the boys with what is a pretty risky $2 return considering our form and track record away.

However I'm hoping this blind faith is the kind of attitude we need to spark on the boys, I believe they can win this. Let's show them we deserve top 2

scottmac

Suspended
Bouman is a solid player. BUT Kuol is an excitement machine and a better finisher pro rata than anyone else in the club. Bouman is more of the same and exactly what we don't need at the moment.
Not disagreeing there. Just putting out what I think Staj will do.

Pirate Pete

Kuol for Urena the only change for this afternoon
E0W7RZyVkAYZdPG

style_cafe

For mine I’d go KUOL to start and sub Matty at 60 for Hatch up front, to really give us some speed. KUOL will lift a notch with Hatch alongside him but if Mv keep him heavily marked we have SMYLIE or BOUMAN to replace him...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred