• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

More relocation chat/brawling

bilo

Yes there are people there now who would take on the club tomorrow. They wont buy the club and they want nothing to do with the COE but they will take the club and pump more money into it

VicMariner

CCM do not stand or fall by the stadium deal in isolation. Whatever losses are incurred there can eventually be made up by income from the COE and perhaps extra money from the FFA after the next TV rights deal not to mention merchandise, sponsorship, etc
Maybe the next 2 or 3 seasons might run at a loss but the medium term future looks good IMO.
MC should concentrate on two things: Increasing community support and on-field success. Get those two things right and the rest will take care of itself.

go you yellow

Word is that the match fee for the stadium is the cheapest in the league , mc just wants it cheaper. I think we just need the stakeholders to work together rather than the animosity that currently exists, a successful club on and off the pitch and everyone wins. Transparency from the club and stakeholders is needed to build trust and support.

nebakke

Paul Chapman runs a football business locally. That's not the same as being a rep for local football, any more than having the boss of Soccer5s or a local academy on the board.

I know what you're saying, but I suppose my comment was meant to be seen in connection to the line above... If we assume that relations to CCF are still tense, it perhaps a lot to ask for, to have them represented on the board. Individual club representation probably is both unfeasible (they're all volunteers) and unreasonable (they each represent very specific parts of the coast)... I'm not saying that there were no other/better options. But bearing in mind that Paul Chapman is running a business that, to some extend, would be relatively dependent ont he connection to and goodwill from the clubs on the coast, along with his new endeavour into the world of tennis probably ensconcing him furhter on the coast... I think it would be reasonable to expect that he has an interest in the generalised well-being of football on the coast.
The Mariners could technically, play at NSO but train at the COE, but the academy is the academy... If they move, it means leaving everything behind and starting somewhere else, with similar facilities... Ideally the coast is/remains a bountyful hunting grounds for them.

nebakke

Dibo

Nebakke (neb: corrected because I can ;) )

Astute comment ..... if played differently the good folk of the CC could be asking the council to rent us the stadium... this way the council gets off ...

It is actually a huge issue for all clubs the costs of stadium hire ... Ours has been one of the lowest only the Drive Bys have lower is my understanding ... Roar, PG, SFC in particular have very poor stadium deals ... as did the Gold Coast resulting in Fat Tony saying less than 5K or over 20 K .. I will go for under 5K ...

Having LM seemingly away from the club looks better .... but our stadium rental is a real cost .... The NS council deal in theory says 3K to break even... I have no idea where the new Bluetounge deal would sit but we could assume it will lift the average above the existing 10K ...

However Netbake I fully agree MC's methods to date don't seem smart .... rather than have the Coast behind him he has the Coast against him...

Why thank you :) ....

Yep, that's exactly it... He seems intent on approaching it from the most difficult angle... Of course, this could be part of his play... If he seems suitably loose cannon-y (pardon the pun) he's harder to call the bluff on...

Anyway, I do entirely agere with you midfielder, he has done some extraordinary work for CCM since taking over, it just feels a little like he was going well, then suddenly lost his mind a month or so into the season, and starting work to undo all of the good he has done.
He has raised the profile of CCM higher than I've seen since season 1 - not just because of the championship - but also based on team representation, advertising and general marketing moves... So again, why would he want to undo all of that good work?

midfielder

Word is that the match fee for the stadium is the cheapest in the league , mc just wants it cheaper. I think we just need the stakeholders to work together rather than the animosity that currently exists, a successful club on and off the pitch and everyone wins. Transparency from the club and stakeholders is needed to build trust and support.

OK OK that's a beaut ... get a local council and a overseas telco owner to be transparent .... at first I believed it was serious but it was a joke right ...

bilo

Wondering what the issue with the COE is?
It costs a fortune to develop and while great in theory has drained on the resources of the FC for years and continue to do so. However this development is the only reason MC is around as he wants to make money from it. He doesn't care about the Football Club, but has to maintain it to keep the brand associated with it.

neverwozza

It costs a fortune to develop and while great in theory has drained on the resources of the FC for years and continue to do so. However this development is the only reason MC is around as he wants to make money from it. He doesn't care about the Football Club, but has to maintain it to keep the brand associated with it.

How do you know this? I've always thought the COE was the jewel in the crown as far as owning CCM went because of all the real estate opportunities but I was only guessing. You sound as though you have real insight into what is going on.

midfielder

Just maybe worth considering…

What MC has done…

· Huge membership Drive by far our biggest,

· The cannon,

· The cannon handout at matches,

· The brass band,

· More advertising than we have had in years,

· The indigenous academy,

· The formalisation of a relationship with the International Business School,

· Appointing coaches for CCA rep teams and taking control of the CCA,

· Re funded the building of the COE,

· New CEO appointed,

Future wants.

· Control of Bluetounge,

· Expand the Coe,

The first list went off with little trouble errrrrrr maybe remember the cannon being able to heard all over the Coast and then the council noise folk turned it down a tad …. We struggle to hear it at the ground…

But the second list …

Bluetounge was built for the North Sydney Bears who became the Northern Eagles who became Manly again and left ….. many a soul pines for a return to the good old days with the CCLeagues Club across the road from the CC RL team…. RRRRRR the days of Graham park ….

Along comes a Football club again from North Sydney but plays football… We play there but the ground is controlled by the North Sydney Leagues club and a huge RL fan in Singo… still we provide some rent so let em play …

Then Singo and North Sydney League club say … no more we are out … over to you Gosford council…

At first it looked like a walk in the park … the Mariners would take over from Singo and given he was losing money we could get it for less … The mayor is a football person… bean counters more than likely pointing out ROI cals …. Suddenly all the great plans of mice and men are in trouble … issues council want ????? ….. don’t be surprised if there is still some pinning [within council] for a RL side and we are not just going to give it to Football….. MC wants to pay ?????? …

Let the battle begin …. It started me thinks mid last year … were it ends I have no idea …

iEatHands

How do you know this? I've always thought the COE was the jewel in the crown as far as owning CCM went because of all the real estate opportunities but I was only guessing. You sound as though you have real insight into what is going on.
Hold on, no need to jump to assumptions here! Maybe he mows MC's lawn and overheard a conversation with the Russians... you don't know!

dibo

He has confirmed he is not funding it. And probably shouldn't fund a private development with government funds anyway
I can't find anything to suggest that that's true. There's a bunch of projects from Rd5 of the Regional Development Australia Fund that are in limbo or scotched (even though funds have already been allocated, so it doesn't cost Abbott any new money to honour them), but the COE doesn't appear to be one of them.

Albo would've been making noise about it, as would the defeated Labor candidates for the last election - Albo's relevant media release is here, with link to in-limbo projects at the bottom):
Truss must honour infrastructure grants
Local Government across Australia is being denied about $150 million in Commonwealth funding because of the Abbott Government’s political bloody-mindedness.

After being elected on September 7 the government froze payments of infrastructure grants allocated in July from the Regional Development Australia Fund.

Two months later the grants, designed to create economic activity and jobs while also providing community facilities like roads and bikeways, have still not been honoured.

It is pleasing to see that on Sunday, Trade and Investment Minister Andrew Robb had the commonsense clear the way for payment of 89 grants to tourism operators which had also been left in limbo despite having been approved and funded in July.

But Infrastructure Minister Warren Truss is continuing to stand in the way of the RDAF Round 5 grants, which ranged in value between $30,000 and more than $2 million.

This is about job creation and economic activity. It should not be about politics.

There is no reason to delay these grants beyond political bloody-mindedness. They were awarded under proper procedures and were fully funded in the 2013-14 Budget.

After I raised these issues last week, at least Mr Robb was prepared to listen and be sensible.

Mr Truss should wake up and remember this $150 million will make a real difference to job-creation in every community in the country.

NOTE: A full list of the RDAF Round 5 grants in limbo is attached.

neverwozza

Just maybe worth considering…

What MC has done…

· The formalisation of a relationship with the International Business School,

There will be plenty of parents that wish it was a business school in 6 years time when they realise how much they've forked out in fees and their kids are playing reserve grade PL. ;)

No all good points midfielder. And without disrespecting previous coaches the coaching at CCMA has gone up several notches this season. The under 13s have a coach with a degree and masters degree in sport science as well as his AFC A licence. The assistant coach also has a degree in sport science as well as having his AFC B licence.

pjennings

In regards to the stadium the rumour I heard was the Mariners didn't go ahead after their initial expression of interest was the Council wanted whoever took over the running to upgrade the corporate facilities. I think MC is looking to spend less money - not more.

adz

Staff member

Fair enough, and this is the impression that I've been getting from his comments in the media. The whole statement about the Mariners not moving (from a few weeks back) read more like an advertisement for the COE, I don't see how a successful COE (world class facilities, international teams using it, etc, etc) is the same thing as the Mariners staying on the Coast.

Maybe something can be worked where the two can be split? I thought they were separate entities anyway, basically with the COE (or whatever the development group behind it is called) owning controlling share in CCMFC? Probably way off though!

Someone could purchase the club, leave the COE to Charlesworth, rent out the training facilities as per usual, which CCMFC probably do anyway, at least on paper, have naming rights or whatever over the COE - CCMFCCOE... :D

That way the club can be run properly by people who are passionate about it, rather than as a half-arsed side project, concentrate on building members, game day attendances, and what IMO most of the issues boil down to - club loyalty.

Simple?

Probably not...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred