• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mile Jedinak is a Demigod - discuss

Pieman

The Big man will make us a lot off money when he go's overseas! Cos he's playing for anyone else in the A- League!

bikinigirl

brett said:
In the A-League, and a fair few European leagues nowadays, you rarely get goals that start with the ball at the feet of the centre back and move through the team in a perfect build up. Most goals come from either set pieces or situations where possession is won and you make a quick transition to attack, catching the other team out of position.

. craig foster will be right around to wash your mouth out. you have obviously been watching too much epl  ;) :D ;D

brett said:
He's a defensive beast but also an attacking weapon that we should utilise.

. interesting, after 2 goals in one game (from cb!) i was hoping it was a sign of a big goal scoring year for the jedi

brett

bikinigirl said:
brett said:
In the A-League, and a fair few European leagues nowadays, you rarely get goals that start with the ball at the feet of the centre back and move through the team in a perfect build up. Most goals come from either set pieces or situations where possession is won and you make a quick transition to attack, catching the other team out of position.

. craig foster will be right around to wash your mouth out. you have obviously been watching too much epl  ;) :D ;D

brett said:
He's a defensive beast but also an attacking weapon that we should utilise.

. interesting, after 2 goals in one game (from cb!) i was hoping it was a sign of a big goal scoring year for the jedi

His goal against Sydney in the 5-4 match was lost in the chaos of that evening...but there aren't a whole heap of A-League players capable of hitting a ball that way. Between his aerial threat on set pieces (and general play if we can get him up the pitch) and the occasional buss from range such as the Melbourne cracker he should be able to contribute a valuable 4-5 goals this year.

As for goals coming from build up play...see Les Murray's blog "why Euro is 'counter' productive" over a the world game to see what I'm talking about. Argentina's perfect team passing goal at the last world cup involved unbelievable skill and strategy but it was even more incredible because of its rarity - it was the exception to the general rule of goal-scoring.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

I think every Mariners supporter's heart is full of man love for Mile.
This season he will show all followers of the A-league.
GZA_SFC, although now admitting Mile is a good player, does not yet know the greatness.

All will see the light.

Auburn Mariner

There aren't too many hard nuts in the HAL: Kevin Muscat, Rodrigo Vargas, Angelo Costanzo, Sasho Oggy-Dog AND Mile Jedinak fit this description. Honourable mention Adam Griffiths.

Jedinak has come on in leaps and bounds, and he genuinely frightens other teams.

Jaza, you lot in light blue have no-one who does this kind of work, most of your hard men have gone. You are left with JA, Bridge, Musialik, Corica, a 937 year-old centre-back (watch teams isloate Popovic 1-on-1 this year with their speed men) and a enigmatic keeper that COST YOU THE ACL.

As I have stated previously, enjoy watching Mile this year, it may be his last in this hemisphere for a long time.

Ursus

I think he will end up as an great international centre half. He has all the makings, just needs to pick up the positional and tactical play.
At the moment he is too important for us as a defensive mid.

bulldogmariner

Mile was a standout player for us last season!!
Since he has been with the socceroos he looks like he has grown another leg and developed into a very good player.
Long term i see him playing as a centre half or a sweeper but at present he is developing into a very good defensive midfielder.
He will be one of 23 Australians Heading to South Africa in 2010 and it might be in more of a defensive role than he plays now.
Full cudos goes to McKinna for finding Mile. And full recognition must go to the man himself as he put in the time and the effort without even having a contract to travel up to the coast to trail with the club and everyone saw what he had to offer.
Lets hope this is not Mile's last season with us! But i think it will be!!

clarence

Ursus said:
I think he will end up as an great international centre half. He has all the makings, just needs to pick up the positional and tactical play.
At the moment he is too important for us as a defensive mid.

TBH, he struggled in the Socceroos against China for good positional play and his passing wasn;t the best.
At A-League level he's an excellent club man, and will continue to be a valuable member of the first eleven for the Mariners. Think he's better as defensive mid at A-League level rather than Centre Back.
If he has another stellar season with us, and gets into more Socceroos squads, we are going to have a hard time convincing him to stay here. And why should he? He's been a very loyal Mariners player, even before he was signed he was commuting to the training sessions for no payment, such is his dedication. I wish him well for this season and beyond.

serious14

If Wilko's form keeps as it is at the moment (to be fair, he seems to be favouring his dodgy knee a _lot_ lately), Jedi might be doing even more work in the centre of defence.

FFC Mariner

If he has a dodgy knee, we should be able to flick him to "more money than sense" FC like the last cripple we had on our books.

$1.4m for a handful of games lol. At least Mrdja is relatively cheap

S

soccersensei

Oh, good, so he will live forever!
I was worried about that bit...
phew...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads