• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mile Jedinak is a Demigod - discuss

marinermick

big, strong, mmobile, fit, tackles likes a demon and pretty handy on the ball

2008/09 Johnny Warren medal winner

dru

marinermick said:
big, strong, mmobile, fit, tackles likes a demon and pretty handy on the ball

2008/09 Johnny Warren medal winner

And by the sounds of it can head the ball home as well!

I agree with dibo though, Yoda him taught well.

MattSimon

I played him in a high school comp in 2002. My coach even then said there was something mystical about him. I guess back then he was kind of like Anakin. But will he turn to the dark side (play for scum)?

S

soccersensei

Jaza_SFC said:
Would not make it most places o/seas as he'd be sent off too often, but yeah not bad aside.

Ahhhaahahaahaha... lol Jaza, what a load of rubbish, keep watching the socceroos, you won't see any send offs and when the sad day comes and he does go OS, you'll rarely, if ever, see it then either.
::)

Powerful, highly competitive, yet intelligently constrained. Thats why Pim likes him so much ;D He will be central once more in us winning the premiership.

So whats with all this "Demi" nonsense?  ;)

marinermick

Jaza_SFC said:
Would not make it most places o/seas as he'd be sent off too often, but yeah not bad aside.

if his development has been so rapid in the past two seasons i can only imagine what he will achieve this season

Jaza_SFC

He'll be a standout in a side that finishes 4-6, no doubt.

Very solid HAL player, no more, no less.

S

soccersensei

Jaza_SFC said:
He'll be a standout in a side that finishes 4-6, no doubt.

Very solid HAL player, no more, no less.

Oh dear, don't worry Jazza, I'lll take care of it for you...

Mods could you please move the above quote from Jazza...
He clearly meant to post it in the Aloi$i thread.
:p

brett

He is the modern midfielder. Pim sees this.

He is a huge physical presence, but is dynamic rather than cumbersome. He breaks up play. He rarely loses a header. He reads the play well and pops in the right place to win the ball, and more often than not picks out a decent option to start our move. He can blast a shot and finish with his head.

His one weakness may be his distribution but it was clear against China that time with the Socceroos has pushed him on to improve in this area, and at an A-League level he will certainly be at least up to standard.

At an international level he probably needs to play with a Valeri or Grella who has the passing range and tactical intuition to start plays from the back. In the A-League, and a fair few European leagues nowadays, you rarely get goals that start with the ball at the feet of the centre back and move through the team in a perfect build up. Most goals come from either set pieces or situations where possession is won and you make a quick transition to attack, catching the other team out of position. A ball-winner like Jedi is absolutely invaluable in that sense - don't listen to Jaza.

At a higher level you would put him at DM and let him run the back half of a midfield. In the A-League, I think that would be a waste. I'd like to see him playing with Hutch, who can sit deep also, so Jedi can get forward at times and score a load of Tim Cahill style goals arriving in the box for crosses. He's a defensive beast but also an attacking weapon that we should utilise.

dibo

mariners4ever said:
he probably would be the best player in the A-League by far

...because that would be a compleetely uncontroversial statement... *whistles*

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member