• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Meni Appreciation Thread

Your Opinion on Kareem's Opinion?

• Agree/Disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trev

• Trev

• Trev

• Trev

• Trev

• Total voters

Kareem

clarence said:
Who's Nasri? (Barely have a handle of who Kareem, Meni and Trev are!)
lol
Samir Nasri scored 2 against Man Utd for Arsenal
called the next Zidane, a playmaker, algerian (hence Meni's obsession with him), has pace, vision etc. Was Young player of year in France year before last! Made Euro squad at just 20

clarence

OK, I thought it was a fellow forumite.
So if Nasri is the best, where does Fabregas sit in all this?

Kareem

clarence said:
fabregas>nasri IMHO
but in the future who knows
but Meni B's fascination with Nasri is mainly racist :p
which is fair enough in that context

fedelta

Kareem said:
clarence said:
but Meni B's fascination with Nasri is mainly racist :p

racism_football.gif

Part_Timer

firstly
it was accidental (a typo)...i think his was pretty obviously not
well he should take my comment as a warning/request/watever

Kareem

its a tough question but isnt it?
preferring your own race over another...
generally racism: is due to the person beign a certain race
however in theory it can be due to them not being your race

What of the sugestions of 6-5 player split (6 hoem grown players, 5 foreign)
What of the non-european spots in some countries (eg. spain I think)
What of non-Aussie players in AFC + A-league?
And if we hold certain players over others due to them being Aussie- are we racist?

Just some thoughts...

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Kareem said:
its a tough question but isnt it?
preferring your own race over another...
generally racism: is due to the person beign a certain race
however in theory it can be due to them not being your race

What?

Preferring your own race is racism. I prefer to have only whites in my diner, so no colours.
I prefer to have Aryans in the world, so no gypsies.

Preferring a person based on their class, social group or race rather than their personal merit is discrimination.

The corollary of a preference for a particular race is a negative predisposition to others.

MattSimon

Kareem said:
What of the sugestions of 6-5 player split (6 hoem grown players, 5 foreign)
What of the non-european spots in some countries (eg. spain I think)
What of non-Aussie players in AFC + A-league?
And if we hold certain players over others due to them being Aussie- are we racist?

Just some thoughts...

Dear Kareem, the idea behind these restrictions on foreign players is to develop local talent, among other things. It isn't motivated by favouritism or racism. It is quite reasonable for a national league to impose such restrictions as they see fit. Similarly, the AFC might impose restrictions on the number of foreign players allowed to play in the AFC CL because they want to provide an incentive for clubs to develop local talent, which is in turn good for the competitiveness of the AFC at national levels.

Also, you might "prefer" your own race over another because naturally, you understand and identify with your own culture best. But does that preference lead to hate for other races? I would hope not. If anything, you should want to learn more about other cultures, which I think is the natural inclination for most people.

Some interesting thoughts though Kareem, keep them coming. I enjoy your insights, especially the helpful info in the FIFA/PES threads.

Sym

Pfft bahahaha

actually

*snort* haha :p

How the f--k did this thread go from the world's biggest pisstake, to this serious argument in Biblical proportions ?.

Oh and by the way I voted for the bottom Trev, somehow take that as a warning/request/whatever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred