• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Melbourne Heart FC

bjw

bjw
THE 11th A-League team will be known as the Melbourne Heart and will use predominantly red and white in their playing strip, the club confirmed today.
The new side said that it had decided to stick with the name it adopted initially as part of the Melbourne Heart Syndicate.

The name was initially supplied by Moorabbin teenager Lee Warren Cafun, as one of four that the club put forward into a public forum.

The club's logo and playing strip is predominantly red and white, taken from the official Melbourne flag and 'truly representative of the city's sporting public', according to the club.

The final design of the strip is yet to be confirmed, but is likely to be either red and white stripes or similar to Argentine giant River Plate with a red sash on a white background.

The Melbourne Heart FC logo incorporates the clubs initials, M and H, within a subtle, stylised heart.

"Sport is an essential part of our city's cultural fabric and helps bind our community in a very unique way. It essentially defines what it means to be Victorian, and we believe our name, Melbourne Heart, is representative of that," Melbourne Heart chief executive officer Scott Munn said.

The Heart's inaugural head coach, John van 't Schip said the naming of the team had given the supporters a sense of investement in the fledgling team.

"The supporters having an opportunity to name their football team is very special. Melbourne Heart was a personal favourite of mine from early on, so I'm pleased that the supporters have gone this way," he said.

"Now this important step is in place, the club will continue to work hard to attract some great talent to Victoria so that we can build a competitive team and hopefully surprise a little when the A-League starts next season."

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/121713,heart-will-be-calledheart.aspx

ImageResizer.ashx

LFCMariners

I like the logo- has that understated, European look to it. Like something from the Bundesliga if I had to be specific. Just a pity about the team name- there will be bad puns galore, especially if the team is doing poorly.

dru

No, but I don't think he has signed on for the jest next season either so it is still possible.

After the way he left the victory, why wouldn't he join them. He would lap up the vitriol he was recieving from the tards in the first game they play.

MagpieMariner

If the jest don't want him, we could sign him as DM. I remember he carved up our mids in the 2nd half the first time we played them.
He could get the same vitriol from the squadrunt, and still get it from the Tards as well. :)

~Floss~

dru said:
No, but I don't think he has signed on for the jest next season either so it is still possible.

After the way he left the victory, why wouldn't he join them. He would lap up the vitriol he was recieving from the tards in the first game they play.

Seems to have been a bit "gagged" at the scum lately as well... Heart should get him in with the intention of pouring some fuel on the Melbourne Derby fire early on: win-win (Until he gets banned or fined)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred