• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matthew Breeze.....

Rubbernose

Nup, don't try and be objective about this, people.

I personally now have multiple witnesses who have seen a bloke matching Breeze's description accepting a brown paper bag from an old grey haired bloke in a limo with number plates 'Zion Elders' outside the stadium of both recent venues.

Coincidence? I think not.

S

striker

forzamariners said:
Mariner Girl said:
Oh Dear!!  Once upon a time back in the day when I was a Blinger fan,
You really dont need to say anything more

I don't understand why people change club loyalty?...... who are they? and can we trust them?

explain that Mariner Girl......  I know you have chosen a better club to follow.... I want to know why you did that.

Part_Timer

and if the mariners had a bad season, would you go running to who ever is winning....
and there is no need to constantly say "i was a bling fan "

serious14

Rubbernose said:
Nup, don't try and be objective about this, people.

I personally now have multiple witnesses who have seen a bloke matching Breeze's description accepting a brown paper bag from an old grey haired bloke in a limo with number plates 'Zion Elders' outside the stadium of both recent venues.

Coincidence? I think not.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!  There it is people, inarguable proof.  :p

T

Okon was defending Breeze on the World Game.... But did admit that Breeze gave nothing to AU

Mariner Girl

striker #9 said:
forzamariners said:
Mariner Girl said:

I don't understand why people change club loyalty?...... who are they? and can we trust them?

explain that Mariner Girl......  I know you have chosen a better club to follow.... I want to know why you did that.
aussiecross said:
Striker and Aussiecross, thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain why I changed club loyalty.

I didn't just wake up one day and decide to change clubs. The Mariners were always my "second team" as it were.
I have family on the Central Coast and I hold the area close to my heart.

As for leaving Sydney FC, I felt that I could no longer support a club that has a man like Frank Lowie pulling the strings for Sydney FC one hand and the FFA on the other. I started asking questions very early last season when Dwight York left the club and the circumstance surrounding to his leaving - I felt we were lied to.

Then at the end of the season, I was absolutely shattered when Sasho left and came to the Mariners - not because of him leaving so much (he is far better off here), but Sydney FC did NOTHING to try and persuade him to stay.

Then of coarse all the sackings of the various CEO's, departures of several Chairmen from V1-3. BUT I was hurt most of all when they sacked Branko Culina that afternoon and Andrew Kemeny came of that meeting to face the press looking like the cat that swallowed the canary. Sure Culina was under fire for poor results but it was as if Frank Lowie and Andrew Kemeny were just waiting for the right moment to make there move and get rid of Culina to bring in John Kosmina.

There was a steady disenchantment going on, culminating with the match last weekend and I don't want to be part of a club who has no affiliation with it's supporters.

Hope you are satisfied with my explaination.

and if the mariners had a bad season, would you go running to who ever is winning....

In answer to this (I feel like I am under siege here).  As my explaination above would indicate, my decision has nothing to do with Sydney Fc having a bad season. I would have joined the Mariners of they were coming last.
I am a Wests Tigers supporter for God's Sake (from Balmain side).  Steve Lavers from Umina Bunners is my cousin and was one of the first players from the Central Coast to go down to Sydney in the 70's to play.

So I don't go running to winners. I am one of the most loyal people around - until I have been let down and that's what they did - continually!

Oh and I have only said "I was a bling fan" once or twice which is not constantly, but if it offendes you so much.

Again, hope I have explained myself. Anyone else! :'(

skilbeck

Mariner Girl said:
striker #9 said:
forzamariners said:
Mariner Girl said:

aussiecross said:
Striker and Aussiecross, thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain why I changed club loyalty.

I didn't just wake up one day and decide to change clubs. The Mariners were always my "second team" as it were.
I have family on the Central Coast and I hold the area close to my heart.

As for leaving Sydney FC, I felt that I could no longer support a club that has a man like Frank Lowie pulling the strings for Sydney FC one hand and the FFA on the other. I started asking questions very early last season when Dwight York left the club and the circumstance surrounding to his leaving - I felt we were lied to.

Then at the end of the season, I was absolutely shattered when Sasho left and came to the Mariners - not because of him leaving so much (he is far better off here), but Sydney FC did NOTHING to try and persuade him to stay.

Then of coarse all the sackings of the various CEO's, departures of several Chairmen from V1-3. BUT I was hurt most of all when they sacked Branko Culina that afternoon and Andrew Kemeny came of that meeting to face the press looking like the cat that swallowed the canary. Sure Culina was under fire for poor results but it was as if Frank Lowie and Andrew Kemeny were just waiting for the right moment to make there move and get rid of Culina to bring in John Kosmina.

There was a steady disenchantment going on, culminating with the match last weekend and I don't want to be part of a club who has no affiliation with it's supporters.

Hope you are satisfied with my explaination.

In answer to this (I feel like I am under siege here).  As my explaination above would indicate, my decision has nothing to do with Sydney Fc having a bad season. I would have joined the Mariners of they were coming last.
I am a Wests Tigers supporter for God's Sake (from Balmain side).  Steve Lavers from Umina Bunners is my cousin and was one of the first players from the Central Coast to go down to Sydney in the 70's to play.

So I don't go running to winners. I am one of the most loyal people around - until I have been let down and that's what they did - continually!

Oh and I have only said "I was a bling fan" once or twice which is not constantly, but if it offendes you so much.

Again, hope I have explained myself. Anyone else! :'(

Well you have chosen the right club to follow. Im frankly happy that you have seen the light and I hope other blingers especially those with coasty links or are from the north side of sydney do see the light. I understand why you changed clubs and we have to accomodate the grassroots fans that choose to jump ship like we accomodate and support players and higher profile fans of the game like sasho, peter turnbull and george negus (i.e. we wont being as hard on them as some are on Mariner Girl). But I see why people might ask questions about your loyalty. As far is im concerned you have justified yourself well and the club and supporters should be satisfied that the general traffic of support is going from sydney fc to the mariners

rosko

Mariner Girl... I welcome you to the Mariners... The more the merrier.. Just make noise...  :piralaugh:

Jeff (LouMacari)

Put this kind of support down to the great things that the Mariners are doing and have been continually doing for over 3 years now. Also would like to think that has something to do with what folks see and hear when they come in the Kendall Bar prior to games? (or is that pushing it? LOL)

Mariner Girl

Thanks for all the support. When I came into the Kendall Bar on the afternoon of our washout match, I was introduced to some of the Marinators I had "met" on this forum. I could not have been made more welcome and everyone was very friendly and it was as if I had walked in on "family".

So yes, the impression I got from that afternoon was also an indicator to my decision. :grouphug:

~Floss~

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Breeze :

"On December 28, 2007, Mark Shield jokingly made a comment that his wikipedia page would be vandalized after his performance during the Adelaide United-Sydney game. It has been vandalized several times."

LOL

Tassiemariner

Another great wiki edit

"Breeze made the short-list of 44 referees to be strip of their refereeing duties, but missed the final cut due to his alliance with Sydney FC and Anthony LaPaglia. His highest honour remains being Sydney FC's 'Player Of The Year Award' and 'Best and Fairest Award'

"He loves reffing Sydney FC and has been known to give players of Sydney FC's opponents direct red cards to gain an advantage for his beloved club. Already in the third season of the A-League, Breeze has sent off 8 players, most of which are direct send offs. Breeze has also been known to sing 'I love Sydney, Let's GO! To the beach at Bondi' with the Cove at SFS home games in which he is not officiating a game.

"It was reported that on September 14; December 22 and December 28 2007 Breeze had a re-lapse of Glaucoma when referring a Sydney FC Hyundai A-League match, causing him to lose his vision at regular intervals and miss vital incidents during the game resulting in direct send offs as referred to above. Evidence of this found in matches against Central Coast Mariners and Adelaide United in the last rounds of 2007".

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
HERE WE GO...A DIRECT QUOTE FROM FOOTBALL.COM.AU

An evening that started with so much promise was turned on its head by a shocking performance by referee Matthew Breeze. Never a favourite of Adelaide crowds, Breeze saved his worst ever performance for the biggest ever footballing stage in South Australia. In the past week Breeze has officiated for two Sydney matches, has sent of three players from the opposing side and made several controversial decisions that have determined the outcomes of both games in favour of Sydney. Quite frankly the standard of officiating in the A-League is not up to the standard of the football and this is one of the biggest challenges facing the A-League.

I dunno I thought his worst performance was against us...but i might be biast... ;)

FFC Mariner

In contrast, I thought the ref at the Scum/Nix game on Friday was good.

Applied the rules properly when giving the penalty to the scum. Breeze would have walked the Perth keeper (and probably got all aroused by the power he has)

Shield was good on NYE, if he is going to have a crap game, he is at least consistently crap to both sides.

The best ref is the one you never notice.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
The scum/nix game...wasn't peter green was it???? his damn near invisible

uncleyellow

Sometimes you cant help but reach for the tin foil hat...

Very fine line between breeze just being useless, and him being corrupt.
It all just looks so suspect...

kevrenor

RECKY said:
The scum/nix game...wasn't peter green was it???? he was damn near invisible
No, he did the Perth game.

It was my third pick - Srebre Delovski from Wollongong

uncleyellow

Id rather Srebre than Breeze, He's a good guy, and a fair ref!
Not to mention my wife's cousin...
He's hoping to get more and more games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred