• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matthew Breeze.....

serious14

A blight on football, and must be hung, drawn, and quartered, so as to have his carcass paraded to the cheering masses.  His 'performance' in the Adelaide/Sydney game tonight was f*cking disgusting.

Discuss.  :headbutt:

(move to other stuff if that's where the mods think it belongs)

S

soccersensei

Yep, nother disgrace. Was looking forward to the match,but Breeze managed to suck out nearly every ounce of joy for me... Apart from Sandalab's - may my tongue turn black and fall out - absolutely smoking goal  :headbounce: 

serious14

Brosque barely pulled down by the last man outside the box - straight red to Adelaide.  Cassio pulled down in _exactly_ the same way INSIDE the box by a Sydney player, Cassio cops a yellow for diving.  It's simply not good enough for someone who claims to be a top level referee.  But at least everyone else in the universe knows that he is an epic failure at refereeing and life.  So we can take some solace from that......

Not to f*cking mention the 10 or so legitimate challenges that he punished with cards and kicks - seriously, he has no idea.  NONE!!!!

*many, many angry faces*

rosko

Surely even if the FFA can say that Breeze is not refereeing to favour Sydney, they can see the number of errors that he is currently making, not small ones either. Djite was going into the box on his own when he was pulled up for a perfectly good tackle that gave him the ball. If I remember correctly that would have given Adelaide the lead at the time... Even if there are no referees that are better than Breeze, are they any worse than his performances show at the moment. Breeze deserves a rest to give him a wake up...

C

C U JIMMY

Its a sorry blight on the game when the  t v commentators are calling some of his decisions,  RIDICULOUS.  Then listening to Slater make excuses for him towards the end of the game was sucking up to the FFA at its very best,  why Mathew 'Flatulence' Breeze 2 weeks in a row,  in games Sydney have to win,  and why both games won in controversial circumstances, IT STINKS. :naughty: :naughty:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
SO he did it again huh....didnt see the game...MY GOD...is it not obvoius that this f*****r is either bent or stupid...or stupidly bent if ya like...maybe Laurie and Aurelio Vidmar should combine resources, edit together a tape of his f**k ups ( be a 4 hour spectacular without special features) and go to A Current Affair or the 7.30 repoort cause the FFA wont listen.

The upside is, his already had his game this round so we dont have to stomach the myopic moron

THIS REFEREES A WANKER, THIS REFEREES A WANKER...everybody SING!!!!!!!!

:pirashoot: :pirate: :headbounce: :pirashoot: :pirate: :headbounce: :pirashoot: :pirate: :headbounce:

Mariner Girl

Oh Dear!!  Once upon a time back in the day when I was a Blinger fan, there were times when you would absolutely cringe when you found out Matthew Breeze was the ref of our game (especially last season) :vomit:

Also 9 times out of 10, whenever they played Adelaide, the ref was ALWAYS Mark Shield, who Sydney now believe gives them the rough end of the stick.  :headbutt: (Am I reading too much into this???)

Funny how I am starting to see things clearer from the outside looking in now ::)

Rubbernose

serious14 said:
But at least everyone else in the universe knows that he is an epic failure at refereeing and life.  So we can take some solace from that......

Hahaha.

As a matter of interest, outside of being a completely ugly bozo with a whistle, Breeze is not a complete failure in life. Someone once told me he had a decent job, some type of lawyer or works for the Department of Public Prosecutors or some such thing.

Which could arguably make him even more of a right c**t I guess, but just not a complete and utter failure in life with no friends and no prospects for any joy or respect in his otherwise meaningless and miserable little existance. Which is nothing short of what he deserves.

Edit: He's a Police Prosecutor.

From Wiki: Note the last sentence. :D

Matthew Christopher Breeze (born June 10, 1972[1]) is an Australian association football referee. His other occupation is as a police prosecutor.[1]

Career

He presided in his first international between Fiji and Vanuatu on April 11, 2000, which Fiji won 4-1.

He officiates in the Australian A-League football competition, and is on the panel of Australians eligible to officiate in FIFA international matches.

Breeze made the short-list of 44 referees to preside at the 2006 FIFA World Cup, but missed the final cut. His highest honour remains officiating at the 2005 Confederations Cup in Germany.

Breeze was the referee who booked Adelaide United defender Mathew Kemp in the 2006-07 A-league preliminary final resulting in the defender being suspended for the grand final which Adelaide United went on to lose 6-0 to Melbourne Victory.

He was one of two Australian referees who officiated at the 2007 Asian Cup, the other being Mark Shield.

Breeze is widely regarded as the most rubbish referee in Australia - perhaps even the world - with notable exceptions being Graham Poll, Rob Styles and Phil Dowd.

Omni

Disgrace to the name Christopher!

Serious: he doesn't claim to be a top level referee he IS a top level referee, blame FIFA for that one!

I do hope he's not given a Sydney game next week just to shut up all this talk for a little while, as long as he's not refereeing us.

Marinergal: The FC fans probably hate Shieldy because he's actually fair!

BAD BULLZ

Mathew "hallmark" breeze
he has a card for any occasion really is changing the final four i'm not getting into the whole conspiricy thing to much but whether it be deliberate or just imcompentence or both he may have almost single handedly crushed adelaides finals hopes and possibly stolen our premiorship away from us sydney r only 3 points behind now cpl of weeks ago they were fighting for the spoon he better not be the ref in the mariners vd bling GF.

Even slater said he's not gunna make it out of the stadium :headbutt:

dibo

the cassio moment was the worst decision out of the two games. in both cases there was no question that there was a foul, no question that it was soft and no question that it was played for. but the referee having made a call one way in the first instance is obligated to make the same call the second time.

oh, and the near side AR missed that for the third SFC goal zadkovich was offside before coming back onside to receive the ball (in other words, he was offside when the ball was kicked...).

i think it's likely that these more clearly influenced the result of the game than the alleged errors in our game.

S

striker

serious14 said:
Brosque barely pulled down by the last man outside the box - straight red to Adelaide.

Nothing wrong with that - that is technically a red card.

serious14 said:
Cassio pulled down in _exactly_ the same way INSIDE the box by a Sydney player, Cassio cops a yellow for diving. 

Also correct - Cassio did dive.

Having said that, I thibk Breeze is a shit referee. He's consistently inconsistent to the point that one might say he may be biased. 

Also, there should be a rule that the same referre should not referee a tean twice in a row.

rosko

It must be noted that Breeze technically has not officiated Sydney twice in a row... Our match was played out of schedule remember, and Breeze was the official set down for the original slot they we were supposed to play in .....

kevrenor

rosko said:
It must be noted that Breeze technically has not officiated Sydney twice in a row... Our match was played out of schedule remember, and Breeze was the official set down for the original slot they we were supposed to play in .....
It should also be noted that Breeze had Syd vs Jets R16, and Syd vs Roar R14, so our game would have been his third in a row with Sydney involved.

You may find this article interesting: http://spirit.webcity.com.au/AFN/Opinion/mmm11.htm

S

striker

FFA could have reschedule round 15 ref - they had available referees on that weekend.

Lloydo

mariners4ever said:
matthew breeze is a really f**ked in the head and i believe loves sydney fc, he probably is a bloody member of sack'em fc

You've got to be "a really f**ked in the head" is you want to be a referee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred