• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matthew Breeze.....

S

striker

I detected a slight bias on behalf of Breeze last night...did anyone else?

Alicia

Roar coach fined for referee criticism

ROAR coach Frank Farina is several thousand dollars lighter today after being fined by the Football Federation over his criticism of the match referee in Queensland's round 19 loss to Melbourne Victory.

The FFA today said it had fined the former Socceroos coach an undisclosed amount for breaching the A-League's code of conduct, but it is understood the penalty is $2,000.

Following the Roar's 2-1 loss to the Victory in Brisbane on January 5, Farina questioned why referee Matthew Breeze did not award a penalty when a shot from striker Simon Lynch struck the arm of the Victory's Kevin Muscat.

"Apparently the referee said it wasn't intentional," Farina said in the post-match media conference.

"Well I think we'll have to get them to look at the rule book because intentional or not, the shot was goalbound and it clearly struck him on the arm."

The Roar sent a letter to the FFA explaining Farina's position when the club was made aware of the possible disciplinary action last week, but that did not sway the governing body.

An appeal of the fine appears unlikely.

Farina did not comment on the matter at training today, but in the post-match media conference following his side's nil-all draw with Sydney FC in Brisbane on Sunday he issued a pre-emptive apology to journalists for not answering questions about officials.

"Don't think it's against you guys if I can't answer some things," Farina told reporters.

"Unless you ask me questions which are nice and I can only give nice answers, please don't bother."

Omni

"Well I think we'll have to get them to look at the rule book because intentional or not, the shot was goalbound and it clearly struck him on the arm." - That Mr Farina is why you're an idiot, the law is the same wherever the ball is.

Perm: I think we find out on Thursday. I'm hoping it's Queensland.

brett

kevrenor said:
RECKY said:
The scum/nix game...wasn't peter green was it???? he was damn near invisible
No, he did the Perth game.

It was my third pick - Srebre Delovski from Wollongong

Poor Srebre, in the opening to that game they flashed his name up but chucked a T in there: Strebre. Looks a decent ref.

kevrenor

brett said:
Poor Srebre, in the opening to that game they flashed his name up but chucked a T in there: Strebre. Looks a decent ref.
Yes he is.  The 't' comes from Adam Mark's media releases at the FFA. Why I do not know.

As for Docherty, who we have (Referee: Kevin Docherty, Assistant Referees: Alex Glasgow & Murray Wilson, Fourth Official: Srebre Delovski)
- as far as I know this is his HAL regular season debut. Very experenced linesman in the HAL but I don't know much about him as a ref. I'm trying to find out.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
:popo:  They were saying on tele this A.M that the top four refs are at a conference this weekend in Asia instead of reffing our last round....I thought to myself "thats bloody good scheduling " and then I thought " Breeze, Shields and O'Leary  must be reffing this round then"...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

hasbeen

All I can say is ... if Breeze & Shield are the BEST two in Australia, I'd hate to see the WORST.

hasbeen

hasbeen said:
All I can say is ... if Breeze & Shield are the BEST two in Australia, I'd hate to see the WORST.
What was I saying again? What a memorable performance by Matthew Breeze on Sunday night. I hope someone from the refs Assoc. watches the game closely and sees what an absolute waste of space he is. 

skilbeck

Under what criteria do the FFA say that Breeze is the 2nd best in Australia? I know the answer Id get on this forum would be he is the nicest to Sydney but what do the FFA say to justify him in that position?

T

thanman

skilbeck said:
Under what criteria do the FFA say that Breeze is the 2nd best in Australia? I know the answer Id get on this forum would be he is the nicest to Sydney but what do the FFA say to justify him in that position?

He'd be justified as 'You're doing your job his your paycheck under the counter is your bonus helping Sydney'

skilbeck

But what do the FFA release publicly or to the clubs to say that he is the 2nd best ref in Australia?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred