• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 22 v Plastics

pjennings

The crowd will be tiny - why should the club staff all sides? Other clubs close part of their stands as a regular thing (Newcastle for example).

This is just prudent management
Is it the club - or are the Council short of staff. What with termination of their anti-vaxxers and covid ripping through the Coast they may not have enough of their staff to open the stadium.

Wombat

Simply cutting costs and adapting to staffing problems imho......no biggy for me but im either bay 16/17 or Prawn sandwich depending on the game

Corsair

All General Admission members that normally sit on the eastern side of the stadium will have any of the general admission bays open on the west and north side to sit in - those are bays 1 and 11-19.

All reserved seat members can still sit in their normal seat on the west side. Any reserved seat members on the east have been sent a ticket with a seat on the west equivalent to where they sat on the east.

As you all know the crowd is expected to be quite low for this game so therefore we are hoping there is still enough space around the ground that people don't feel too claustrophobic.
Sorry Iain this is a really bad deal for GA members that get a good view from the Eastern stand. We can sit fairly near the half way and upstairs (trade off is you cook in the sun but I'm prepared to pay a bit less to not have shade). The GA bays on the Western side (1 and 11) are right on the ends of the pitch which is why I never (ever) sit on that side.

This seating plan is squashing everyone that's GA who likes to get a side on view into only 2 bays on the Western side and depriving all GA members of an upstairs view.

I don't think I'll be attending if this is the case.

As a full member I find this a very disappointing approach. Usually if there is only 1 stand to be open you close the Western one. What's different this time?

If it's only the Western Stand being opened I think it would be much fairer (and covid safer) to open up a few more bays for GA access. We have paid to have a chance at a decent view after all, not stuffed into 2 crappy bays on the ends.

Last edited:

shipwreck

Surely on the day at kick off time once the ticket sales have been completed you can just review how many unsold allocated spots are on the western side and just make an announcement that all GA ticket holders are welcome to sit in Bay X, Y and Z?

I know it's unorthodox, but so is life at the moment, adapt and overcome peeps

AJames

Surely on the day at kick off time once the ticket sales have been completed you can just review how many unsold allocated spots are on the western side and just make an announcement that all GA ticket holders are welcome to sit in Bay X, Y and Z?

I know it's unorthodox, but so is life at the moment, adapt and overcome peeps
That happens all the time at the MCG, they announce the GA bays on the day for the AFL.

Last edited:

bikinigirl

. well the small crowd is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy (now it is even being referred to as tiny). Shaun said it and Iain said it - that it was what they were expecting - well now they can probably say they were right

... but that is because people are now staying away. three groups that i have spoken to were going to attend before they knew of the seating changes - now, none of them. people that have been aching to see their team play live

. and again people, long term members are questioning the value of their membership. missing games because of covid re-scheduling is one thing, but this is another (i know they have a choice, but it is not what they signed up for)

. i know a lot of you are not bothered by the change ... and maybe that is because your day will be much the same as any other, i don't know. but this scenario i compare to the current covid situation - people's opinions are based on their own experience and they think everybody else should see things the same way as them. the disgruntled may see this as CCMs version of a covid party, the cynical may suggest that since many at the club have already had it (with apparently mild symptoms) that they may be de-sensitised to the concerns/health/experience of others

. i genuinely believe that staffing issues at the stadium is not THE issue. i am confident that if the club was informed of that before making the decision that it would have been mentioned in the announcement - prominently. the club has never shied away from nominating a third party as the reason behind a potentially controversial decision or situation

. whichever way you look at it, the amount of available space has been reduced dramatically, pinch points compressed with increased traffic and longer term exposure areas increased in density ... and space is the one thing the health authorities have been impressing on us for two years as a critical safeguard

. i'll now try to leave it alone having got that out

turbo

Sorry Iain this is a really bad deal for GA members that get a good view from the Eastern stand. We can sit fairly near the half way and upstairs (trade off is you cook in the sun but I'm prepared to pay a bit less to not have shade). The GA bays on the Western side (1 and 11) are right on the ends of the pitch which is why I never (ever) sit on that side.

This seating plan is squashing everyone that's GA who likes to get a side on view into only 2 bays on the Western side and depriving all GA members of an upstairs view.

I don't think I'll be attending if this is the case.

As a full member I find this a very disappointing approach. Usually if there is only 1 stand to be open you close the Western one. What's different this time?

If it's only the Western Stand being opened I think it would be much fairer (and covid safer) to open up a few more bays for GA access. We have paid to have a chance at a decent view after all, not stuffed into 2 crappy bays on the ends.
My thoughts exactly. Already said I was staying away for this one but different people will be ready to come back at different times. You’re effectively being demoted to a yellow membership for the game (and how many in future?). I had expected they might have consolidated a few sparsely populated reserved bays to make room for those GA members. Not necessarily on half way but not watching from the corner either.

marinermick

My thoughts exactly. Already said I was staying away for this one but different people will be ready to come back at different times. You’re effectively being demoted to a yellow membership for the game (and how many in future?). I had expected they might have consolidated a few sparsely populated reserved bays to make room for those GA members. Not necessarily on half way but not watching from the corner either.

I would have been upset if my western stand seats were consolidated. We like our seats, it is undercover and our neighbours (Forum Phoenix included) are sterling company.

That aside it is irrelevant for Saturday. Of the six gold membership seats we currently have, three won’t come because of Covid, and one has Covid, which means the other two has to
Isolate.

I can totally understand the negative sentiment towards this move. While saving dollars, this is a poor message the club is sending out when it has previously been so consistent with its safety message.

I wonder if this has anything to do with stadium negotiations?

Corsair

We like our seats, it is undercover
Good point, what happens in this seating plan if it rains and you're GA? Get wet or go home. No shade available either.

I'm also wondering which will be allocated as the Away bay? Are they going to get better seats than our GA members or will they be mixed in with us?

Ironbark

These are exceptional circumstances at the peak of the biggest covid wave to date and we're lucky to have a game on at all.
There is a lot of talk about this closing of some of the stadium (which has happened before) - lots of picking at straws. It's an adaptation in response to an almost certain small crowd and lack of available staff.
Enjoy watching a game that is massively lucky to run at all and move on

true believer

These are exceptional circumstances at the peak of the biggest covid wave to date and we're lucky to have a game on at all.
There is a lot of talk about this closing of some of the stadium (which has happened before) - lots of picking at straws. It's an adaptation in response to an almost certain small crowd and lack of available staff.
Enjoy watching a game that is massively lucky to run at all and move on
this is certainly my position .but im seating in the prawn sandwich seats .
im hoping as the omicron wave peaks this situation may get behind us soon.
i guess sunday is a watch and learn

Pirate Pete

Good point, what happens in this seating plan if it rains and you're GA? Get wet or go home. No shade available either.

I'm also wondering which will be allocated as the Away bay? Are they going to get better seats than our GA members or will they be mixed in with us?
From the email.
The Away Supporters will be allocated into Bays 20/21.

dibo

What if the issue is that the stadium (and club) simply can't staff the event if not condensed? Condensing means far fewer people attending turnstiles, ticket windows, gates, etc.

There are nearly 10,000 active cases on the central coast at the moment, and for many of those people there will be household members and other close contacts who won't be able to attend work and it may be that it's simply not possible to staff the event if the whole ground is open.

Given how many cafes, restaurants, and other businesses are having to temporarily shut down, I'd not be all that surprised if the same issue applies here, and for those who want to attend (not to mention those staff who will still get a shift!) it beats playing behind closed doors.

Big Al

I think everyone should calm down the club is trying it’s best under difficult circumstances.

Give it ago and see how it goes and then call the club and negotiate.

I bet if you asked nicely the club could do something for you or find a reserved seat that makes you happy (at no extra cost). The club are not out to gouge you or piss you off. They want to keep you happy.

Try working with the club. You’ve been given notice.

The club have also been willing to help the members and i bet if you communicate they will do anything reasonable to keep you happy.

Kilsin

It's a double-edged sword though.

Condense because of Omicron and now those attending are at more risk of catching it and spreading it than they would have been if the stadium was left open to space ourselves out with more distance between other members/visitors.

Despite this, I am still most likely going with my mate, will get there as early as we can and grab our members seats (Bay 7) in the hopes that others next to us don't turn up and we minimise lines and other close contact points as best as we can so we can cheer the boys on live.

It's a tough time we live in at the moment and it's hard for everyone but whatever decision you all make I hope the boys get a hard-fought win and keep our momentum moving forward!

Rising Sun

Haven’t thought about the Socceroos so you would imagine MacLaren, Tillio, Leckie and Mercalfe will be out for them as well as Rowles for us.

Huge!
I don't think the international window starts until Monday. They'll all play this weekend. WU will be the beneficiaries of the mass City absences and we will be without Kye at Sydney. So probably need to get some minutes into Ruon on Sunday

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami