• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mass violence mars London derby

Auburn Mariner

serious14 said:
Is anyone at all surprised in the slightest??

No James, sadly, I am not.

I had a few minutes chatting to Sacko one day as to why these two HATE each other. He told me a brief version, it is fascinating. Ask him one day, he has some very interesting stories to tell.

For mine, the right team won.

FFC Mariner

Millwall at Chavs would be funny - although the Chavs rarely come out to play if its going to get really nasty

Bear

bulldogmariner said:
West Ham won the game 3-1 after extra time.

:eek:verhead:

sounds like the game was a cracker as well, bet you wish you DID go back for it hey sacko

FFC Mariner

Cockney violence marred by footballing outbreak
http://newsarse.com/2009/08/cockney-violence-marred-by-footballing-outbreak/

There was surprise last night after a football match broke out during a violent assault by a bunch of cockneys on another bunch of cockneys to decide which cockneys were hardest.

The violence occurred between two groups of psychopathic cockneys, each with a penchant for football teams separated by a few hundred yards.

One football hooligan told us, When those cockneys come onto our manor, us cockneys see it as taking a fackin liberty.

So we rounded up those cockneys, and us cockneys gave those other cockneys a right good hiding.

Victory

The violent confrontation was marred by a 3-1 victory for West Ham, in an unprovoked football match which broke out in the midst of the savage fighting.

It was disgusting, I could hardly see this one cockney having his head repeatedly rammed into a plastic seat because of these blokes in bright shirts kicking a ball backwards and forwards in front of me.

My ticket put me almost 100 yards away from the real action, so all I could see were athletic men running around and the odd goal.

If I wanted to see that sort of behaviour, I wouldnt support Millwall, would I?

Organised

Organisers of both firms have been quick to denounce the behaviour of West Ham and Millwall football clubs.

How are we supposed to finally decide which is the tidiest set of cockneys if they insist on playing football right in the middle of our fights?

Is it any wonder attendances are down and proper cockneys are falling out of love with the game when their clubs behave like this?

Both firms have claimed victory, and the fight is due to go to a replay at the earliest possible opportunity.

bulldogmariner

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/gordonfarquhar/2009/08/the_fas_announcement_of_an.html#more

Will Upton Park violence scupper 2018 bid?

Gordon Farquhar | 15:18 UK time, Wednesday, 26 August 2009

The FA's announcement of an investigation into the events at Upton Park last night was swift.

That was scarcely surprising for a number of reasons, not least of which is that any international perception that hooliganism is on the rise again in English football will kill the 2018 World Cup bid stone dead.

It's the thing the FA and bid chairman, Lord Triesman and his 2018 chief executive Andy Anson must fear the most.

The rest of their strategy is being meticulously planned. The messages aimed at positioning English football ahead of its likely closest rivals in Spain, Australia and the United States will be precise..

The fantastic stadiums? Already well developed infrastructure? Impeccable technical credentials? Take that as read.

The relentless hard work of the FA's International Relations team over the last 10 years? All part of the service.

It's the X factor of English football, embodied in the huge worldwide profile of the Premier League, that the FA's bid team is looking to tap into and turn into the ultimate selling point.

It's the all-consuming passion for the game they want to rely on most. Yet embracing it carries substantial risk because how passion manifests itself is something they can't control.

None of their rivals can talk of four professional leagues, of record crowds, of the tradition of travelling away in big numbers, and the unquestionable (I think remarkable) support for the national team at major tournaments.

How often have I sat in a stadium in a far flung place where red and white shirts and the cross of St George dominate the view, despite the miserly official ticket allocations for the away fans, and the shoddy treatment they have come to expect?

What's more, latterly at least, some of those fans have become genuine ambassadors for the English game.

What a far cry from my introduction to this job back at the World Cup in France in 1998, where I watched from the fringes of a riot in Marseille, ducking bottles, eyes stinging from the tear gas, despairing of my countrymen.

I'm not trying to pretend hooliganism has gone away in the intervening years, there's plenty of evidence it hasn't. But by common consent, it has got better, and there's no doubt that the measures taken by the government and football authorities such as banning orders, have played a significant part.

The FA are regularly given credit within the football world, and held up as an example, of how to try and overcome the disease of hooliganism. Let me say too, this is emphatically not just an English problem.

However, as with many things, England takes the credit for inventing it, and it has come back to bite the FA hard when it's least welcome. Remember Charleroi in 2000?

The problems in the main square of that unremarkable industrial town in Belgium were brief, overplayed on TV, over-described in the press, but when Uefa threatened England with expulsion from the competition if there was any repeat of the scenes, boy, did that have an impact!

Then, as now, England were bidding to stage a world cup, and I can't believe England's rivals didn't indulge in a little schadenfreude, a little spin and a quiet gloat.

Looking back, Charleroi was a turning point in the unpleasant history of English hooliganism. After then came the banning orders, helped by the juxtaposition of a World Cup in Japan and Korea, where the costs probably put off the committed trouble makers, and the European Championship in Portugal where a lot of fans suitably modified their behaviour for the holidaying wives, girlfriends and family they travelled with.

There hasn't been a major hooliganism incident involving England fans on foreign soil since Euro 2000, but the events at Upton Park serve as a timely reminder that nothing should be taken for granted, and the threat remains uncomfortably close to the surface.

Those who want to bring the World Cup "home" can't expect guests if the house isn't in order.

In abandoning rotation and opening the World Cup to all comers again, Fifa has guaranteed that the quality of the bids will be sky high. This will be a hugely competitive process.

Success and failure will turn on the smallest of things, so the FA's 2018 bid team have to get every nuance and detail right. If the voting members close their eyes, think of hooliganism and see an England shirt, that might be all it takes to persuade them to make a different choice.

EastEnder

dibo said:
To be fair, if there were riots in London involving thousands of people with many arrests, a number hospitalised and wide scale property damage going for four hours for *any* reason it would make the TV news here.

Riot? Thousands? A few skirmishes and a bit of aggro with the old bill is hardly a riot, i've yet to see any pics of riots, lots of pics of people standing near a riot copper with the tag line "West Ham fans confronts police" etc.  Wide scale property damage? The reference to four hours would be more that things happened over four hours, hardly running riots for four hours.

EastEnder

This is East London we are talking about, knifings happen with alarming regularity. I got slashed just heading home from work, (sort of) minding my own business, a friend of mine stabbed in the neck for not lending someone 10p. And that was 12 years ago, things are alot worse now.

clarence

EastEnder said:
This is East London we are talking about, knifings happen with alarming regularity. I got slashed just heading home from work, (sort of) minding my own business, a friend of mine stabbed in the neck for not lending someone 10p. And that was 12 years ago, things are alot worse now.

Was dangerous before the times of Jack The Ripper wasn't it? ALWAYS dangerous to outsiders?

FFC Mariner

My fathers family are Bermondsey folk and a fair few still live round the Elephant.

I can remember my grandfather and his brothers telling tales of the 30's & 40's. Nothing much has really changed TBH

soundsdifferent

Wont hurt Australias chances of getting the world cp...
do you think fifa would take the world cup somewhere thats is happening?

fedelta

soundsdifferent said:
Wont hurt Australias chances of getting the world cp...
do you think fifa would take the world cup somewhere thats is happening?

no they wont as this hapens week in  week out    in the england soccer legues always  vilence its prety bad i  must addmit

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred