• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Marks out of 10 for our Wonderful Mariners.

Wombat

So another season of absolute dross has been dumped on us my Charlesworth and Shaun. Lets try and grade our wonderful specticle that is Mikey's Shitey Circus.

Our overall rating 2/10. Some half decent Football at times from our worst ever squad assembly. We let half the team go and replaced them in the Transfer Window with 2 "free" 15yo's from Sheff Utd. Quality work Pikey and Shaun.

Kennedy 2/10. A couple of good games mixed in with some truly alarming dross. A drugs test or visit from ICAC is needed.
Pearce 2.5/10. One good game and the rest was a travesty.
Clisby 5/10. Started well. Is an honest player. Needs to play a simple role in a simple structure.
McGing 4. Meh.
Rowles 5.5. Some really good moments but hair brained most of the time. Alot of potential. A polarising player.
Graham 5.5. Some potential and at least gets his body in the line of fire.
Aspro 7. One of the only bright lights and let him go.........sigh.
Cisse 4. Too old, too slow.
O'Neill 6.5. A good season. His 33 yellow cards and ball watching in the box cost him a higher score but one of the only bright lights. In the top 4.
Melling 6. The heart of a Lion but with the skill of an elephant. Workrate is superb.
Mallon 5.5. Mixed bag. Good potential.
WeeMac 3. Past it.
Shabow 5. Shows some great glimpses but not really given the chances of others like WeeMac and Hoole, who he was better than.
Simon 6. Alot of ticker.
Murray 5.5. Meh.
Tommy 6. Dicked around by Mulvey alot but still miles ahead of everyone else in the squad in terms of technical ability.
Pain 7. His best season for us and we let him go............sigh.
Scum Judas 7. As a FB he is dreadful (only slightly better than Roux) but as a RW he often drove us forward on his own and showed a tonne of courage. He dipped in form slightly once he signed for The Scum BUT had an excellent overall season and was my POTY. He also showed alot of ticker to keep performing once we leaked that the cabbages at H.O had let him defect to the Scum.
Hoole 4.5. Soft and lazy. 2 glorious free kicks some up his season........wasted talent.
Karacan 6. Superb energy. A natural leader. Not the most technical player. A poor man's Monty but he could be an excellent signing for us once he adjusts too our game.
McCormack 4. Didnt try.

Mulvey 3. Took the whole thing as a bit of a laugh. Sure he was rooted by Pikey but his recruitement was also shocking.

Your thoughts and ratings please gentlemen

pjennings

Can't ague with any of that - although I would have liked to seen McGing in a back 4 with Millar in front of him.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

So another season of absolute dross has been dumped on us my Charlesworth and Shaun. Lets try and grade our wonderful specticle that is Mikey's Shitey Circus.

Our overall rating 2/10. Some half decent Football at times from our worst ever squad assembly. We let half the team go and replaced them in the Transfer Window with 2 "free" 15yo's from Sheff Utd. Quality work Pikey and Shaun.

Kennedy 2/10. A couple of good games mixed in with some truly alarming dross. A drugs test or visit from ICAC is needed.
Pearce 2.5/10. One good game and the rest was a travesty.
Clisby 5/10. Started well. Is an honest player. Needs to play a simple role in a simple structure.
McGing 4. Meh.
Rowles 5.5. Some really good moments but hair brained most of the time. Alot of potential. A polarising player.
Graham 5.5. Some potential and at least gets his body in the line of fire.
Aspro 7. One of the only bright lights and let him go.........sigh.
Cisse 4. Too old, too slow.
O'Neill 6.5. A good season. His 33 yellow cards and ball watching in the box cost him a higher score but one of the only bright lights. In the top 4.
Melling 6. The heart of a Lion but with the skill of an elephant. Workrate is superb.
Mallon 5.5. Mixed bag. Good potential.
WeeMac 3. Past it.
Shabow 5. Shows some great glimpses but not really given the chances of others like WeeMac and Hoole, who he was better than.
Simon 6. Alot of ticker.
Murray 5.5. Meh.
Tommy 6. Dicked around by Mulvey alot but still miles ahead of everyone else in the squad in terms of technical ability.
Pain 7. His best season for us and we let him go............sigh.
Scum Judas 7. As a FB he is dreadful (only slightly better than Roux) but as a RW he often drove us forward on his own and showed a tonne of courage. He dipped in form slightly once he signed for The Scum BUT had an excellent overall season and was my POTY. He also showed alot of ticker to keep performing once we leaked that the cabbages at H.O had let him defect to the Scum.
Hoole 4.5. Soft and lazy. 2 glorious free kicks some up his season........wasted talent.
Karacan 6. Superb energy. A natural leader. Not the most technical player. A poor man's Monty but he could be an excellent signing for us once he adjusts too our game.
McCormack 4. Didnt try.

Mulvey 3. Took the whole thing as a bit of a laugh. Sure he was rooted by Pikey but his recruitement was also shocking.

Your thoughts and ratings please gentlemen

Agree with nearly all that mate - great summary - though I’d give McCormack a 1. Heartless prick. That signing meant so much to the fans and he couldn’t even be arsed. Was a massive blow to the club to waste that time and money on him that we couldn’t bounce back from.

Oar a 5. And probably knock Matty down to a 5. Even though he was targeted he failed as a captain by losing his shit big time and while he always puts in, in his position he is not truly capable of excelling either.

Ads

Can't ague with any of that - although I would have liked to seen McGing in a back 4 with Millar in front of him.

Yes to this.
If Mulvey did this early on, with a back 4 with Clisby as a natural left as well, could have been a massive game changer for the season and given us good foundation of cheaper strong players coming into next season with higher spend for centre back and front.

Insertnamehere

2/10 season. I thought we'd be 7th at the start. Lead 10 games at the half, 3rd best team at 45 mins. So for the lack of some back bone and calmness we could have.
Noone staying really excelled. So not bothering with ratings.
Personally still miffed that Golec and McGing were released. Miffed that Millar and Pain weren't re-signed.
Lots of work for next season. Must take FFA Cup serious and prepare for a proper crack.

jacobsfl

My thoughts with a few weeks to go. Will edit this if I feel the need for it.

Mark Birighitti - 7/10
Would have been higher if not for his recent dip in form, having conceded 9 goals in his last 2. That said, Birras has been one of our better player for the majority of the season, and it will be tough to see him go, especially if it's to Macarthur.

Jack Clisby - 3/10
Has shown very little capability on defence and has really only contributed through set-pieces. I don't see him playing much next season, so long as we sign a capable left-back.

Ziggy Gordon - 7/10
The whole team benefited from him switching to the middle, and I believe the club will do anything possible to get him to take up that player option. By far our best defender this year.

Lewis Miller - 5/10
Shows promise as a right full-back but looked out of depth last week. Still only young and contracted for a couple more seasons. Can't complain.

Kye Rowles - 5/10
A young defender desperate for guidance, the odd error from Rowles has forced a few supporters to wonder if he's at HAL level. Ziggy's switch to the centre has benefited Rowles. Similarly to Miller, he still has time to prove his worth and more game time next season is the best way to get him to that standard.

Ruon Tongyik - 6/10
You can't bag a guy that can't get a chance. Has shown determination and really wants to turn the club around, but as mentioned in the pod was randomly dropped from the side this week. I hope he gets more of a run because his performance in the Newcastle game shows us why the club signed him.

Dylan Fox - ?/10
Someone, please explain what happened here.

Kim Eun-sun - 7/10
Really showed his pedigree in the few games before the Western game when the spoon was on the line, but old legs failed him in the 6-2 loss in Geelong. I want him to stay on, but don't think he will.

Gianni Stensness - 7/10
Shows great potential and is already at HAL standard in my opinion. Good defensive skills and seems to enjoy roaming forward with a long-lasting engine. I like this signing.

Milan Duric - 3/10
Perhaps harsh given the rumour that he'd suffered a groin injury mid-season. Milan started the season like a house on fire but has really dropped off in every aspect of his game of late. Not sure if we should keep him on.

Josh Nisbet - 8/10
Perhaps a diamond in the rough, I think we've all been impressed by the shortest player in the A-League. His speed through the middle has been a key part of our attacks and I feel re-signing him has been long overdue. In Nizzy we trust.

Wee Mac McGlinchey - 4/10
Had one standout 45 minutes in Adelaide but that's about all we can write home about. Not much output from a very expensive signing. I understand the purpose of signing him but it was at too high a price to justify.

Tommy Oar - 2/10
Hasn't offered anything in his two years at the club. Enjoy MacArthur Tommy.

Daniel De Silva - 5/10
Shows attacking spark but often messes around with it and finds himself stumbling over the ball after his 153rd skill move in that run. With some guidance, he'll find his feet. Worth keeping if Roma continues to pay part of his wage. The potential is there.

Samuel Silvera - 1/10
Someone needs an attitude adjustment. NPL time!

Jordan Murray - 3/10
Shame really. Had high hopes for Muzz but hasn't adjusted to the new level of football. Muzz is on for another year, he's best left on the bench for now.

Jair Britto - 5/10
Scored last week, but has only really played as a false nine as opposed to the poacher we expected him to be. 50/50 on this one.

Chris Harold - 7/10
Re-sign....... please.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami