• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners vs the Scum at Budgewoi: First Real Test of the Preseason

bjw

bjw
after hearing comments im not too concerned over it- No Mile or Caceres playing, and after all it was only a trial.

FFC Mariner

and it would be interesting to know how many scum triallists were playing for 1st team contracts as opposed to youth teamers??

Our triallists were all kids

Aden

brennan said:
after hearing comments im not too concerned over it- No Mile or Caceres playing, and after all it was only a trial.

im concerned with any game when it comes to playin them lot

Timmyv

Greenpoleffc said:
and it would be interesting to know how many scum triallists were playing for 1st team contracts as opposed to youth teamers??

Our triallists were all kids

Jets had 4 trailist and 4 youth players. Rest were contracted players.

bikinigirl

*trev* said:
i reckon elrich did alright, he put in some good crosses didn't chase back at times though, i thought the lazy 1 was sasho

. just because elrich did not appear as lazy as sasho, does not mean he is not lazy  :piralaugh: :piralaugh: .... nice choice of benchmark

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Honkee said:
I wish I could have been there (On my honeymoon atm).

How did the squadron behave?

any incidents?

your on your honeymoon and your checking out the forum!!!!...HAHAHAHAHAHA...keen as mustard

CCM-JAM80

Calm needs to remain for some: it-was-a-freaking-trial.

It has all been said re: our performance. Some astute commentary (as expected more often than not from our members) it has to be said.

I will again mention the Budgewoi soccer club for how they went about setting up this trial. Well done guys, you done yourselves proud.

From the dug out

Thanks for the rap, regarding Budgie putting on a show.

Attendance based on ticket sales, players, vip's and volenteers was just over 2500.
I personnally don't know where would of fitted anyone else in? 3000 in current format would of been uncomfortable, I'd think.

Of the 2500, their would of been over 2,000 Mariners supporters easy. :eek:verhead:
It was a great day, that was shared amongst alot of families.

CCM-JAM80

From the dug out said:

Attendance based on ticket sales, players, vip's and volenteers was just over 2500.
I personnally don't know where would of fitted anyone else in? 3000 in current format would of been uncomfortable, I'd think.

Of the 2500, their would of been over 2,000 Mariners supporters easy. :eek:verhead:
I was a great day, that was shared amongst alot of families.

Agreed, I think if we pushed 3000, we would've been at that "uncomfortable level".

I didn't hear one complaint all night and all who I attended with had a great time, hell, I even recruited some who will now take up season memberships on the back of last night :D

Football is being embraced by the people of the Central Coast - some would say "it's about time!" :D

promdi442

From the dug out said:

From the dugout do you envisage the Josh Porter Memorial Cup to be an annual event as a trial game at Budgewoi or could it be perpetuated as a Cup game at the Mariners home game during the season against the Jets..

mariners4ever

promdi442 said:
From the dug out said:

From the dugout do you envisage the Josh Porter Memorial Cup to be an annual event as a trial game at Budgewoi or could it be perpetuated as a Cup game at the Mariners home game during the season against the Jets..

so were they actually playing for a trophy as such ???

promdi442

Yes the Josh Porter Memorial trophy.

He played for Budgie as well as playing some football in Newcastle (junior clubs I would suspect)

His was a tragic story, being one of the 2 victims of the Blackhawk helicopter disaster on the Kanimbla

Sean

Budgewoi.jpg

From the dug out

Promdi442
promdi442 said:
From the dug out said:

Joshua Porter (JP) as he was known at the club was a Budgewoi Junior and X-1st grader during our 11 year stint up in the Newcastle 2HD 2nd division. He also played 1st Grade cricket in the Newcastle comp as a wicket keeper.

I still remember the sad morning when I heard on the tele that Trooper Josh Porter (SASR) and Captain Mark Bingley's (171 AVN SQN) Black Hawk Helicopter went down over the side of the HMAS Kinnimbla off Fiji. Wife Corina pregnant at the time expecting their 1st child.

I asked Lawrie and Dutchy along with the Porter family if they would mind if we were able to honour JP with this annual event, knowing that both Central coast and Newcastle comunities knew of him, all parties sad yes.

I don't think it would change to one of their comp games, (although fantastic gesture) we as a club are just stoked that it was allowed to happen at all.

http://www.defence.gov.au/media/download/2006/Dec/20061211.cfm
http://www.defence.gov.au/media/DepartmentalTpl.cfm?CurrentId=6227

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred