• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners vs Perth Glory - MW12 - the 'didn't we just play you ?' round

turbo

next week Stens starts and Nizzy goes wide for Bouman imo
I’d like that so we can bring on Bouman and Kuol together. Can’t help but think Urena is looking between him and Matty when they want to bring Kuol on and going “why me and not him?”. Sub the pair and it’s a lot harder to argue against two sets of fresh legs.

It worked out but had we not got the penalty we’d be blaming Staj for not taking Matty off for some speed up front be it Casella, Hatch or whoever.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Can someone please clarify for me.
It is my understanding that if a player is injured and requires medical attention after that attention he has to go to the sideline and cannot re-enter until after the game has re-started. Has the rule been changed or more likely than not am I way behind the times?
I was surprised (thankfully) when Simon stepped up to take the penalty after receiving treatment.
@Pirate Pete there's also an exception if a PK is awarded and the injured player is the kicker. This was a relatively recent update as well.

Forgot about that one...had to look it up myself

Pirate Pete

@Pirate Pete there's also an exception if a PK is awarded and the injured player is the kicker. This was a relatively recent update as well.

Forgot about that one...had to look it up myself
5.gif

Thanks.

Tevor

Yep how Ams couldn’t see a more simpler penalty than the one he eventually awarded shows his clear bias against us. There were plenty of corners and throw ins that didn’t go our way as well and Ota taking out Kuol just like Clisby in the first half sums it all up. He was just cautious not to be too bias as everyone was watching closely. Was still an underlying bias for sure.

Nisbet my MOTM he stepped up this game compared to the last few in my opinion. The draw hurts Glory more than us so I’m content. Loving Urena at the moment and was worried when he lost it with being subbed. Hope he gets over that pretty quick.

You do have to wonder why the game went ahead, Fox probably influenced it as it didn’t seem like the sensible players safety first decision.

Ancient Mariner

I didn’t mind the Urena sub. We needed the energy to be able to put pressure on the ball to win some possession and get a bit of control back in the midfield and I don’t think Marcos could do much more to help there,

D’Asgostino really upped the tempo and changed the game. They moved it much quicker and started using their width. It was a great double sub by Perth. And they took over for the next 30 minutes.

Tb to Staj, in a game where you’ve just dominated at HT you’re going to say more more of the same please boys and it’s really up to the other tram to try and change things. And I don’t think Staj saw Garcia’s tactics coming. Pushing Castro wider - and letting D’Agostino run the show and literally tear through the middle.

Stens helped us get control back and thank f**k for Nizzy. Broke up so much play and was excellent in attack too. He gets my 3 points today.

next week Stens starts and Nizzy goes wide for Bouman imo

bottom line, game we could have won, game we nearly lost. So you can’t be unhappy with a point.
You have nailed it and said just about all I was going to say. I agree with all of the above.
Nizzy was clearly MOM. Massive contribution. Sign him as our marquee.
We lost a lot when Urena went off but a change was needed. I would have taken Simon off. However Urena is getting better every week.
I would love to see him playing provider to two strikers in a 4 3 3 setup but then you would have to leave out either Stens or Ollie. Not a goer unless there are injuries.
Happy with two wins and a draw from the last three.
They had more individual skill but we matched them by teamwork. Draw, fair result.
I thought before the game that Ams was biased and incompetent.
I have changed my mind he is somewhat biased (all 50-50s went against us) and unbelievably, massively incompetent.

turbo

You do have to wonder why the game went ahead, Fox probably influenced it as it didn’t seem like the sensible players safety first decision.
Would have been a bit of a nightmare to reschedule. There’s already a Monday night game so if Tuesday then Perth back up for Friday. If you push it later in the season Perth still behind in games so problems sooner or later.

Pirate Pete

Yep how Ams couldn’t see a more simpler penalty than the one he eventually awarded shows his clear bias against us. There were plenty of corners and throw ins that didn’t go our way as well and Ota taking out Kuol just like Clisby in the first half sums it all up. He was just cautious not to be too bias as everyone was watching closely. Was still an underlying bias for sure.

Nisbet my MOTM he stepped up this game compared to the last few in my opinion. The draw hurts Glory more than us so I’m content. Loving Urena at the moment and was worried when he lost it with being subbed. Hope he gets over that pretty quick.

I would say the game went ahead for a couple of reasons.
Fox wanted it.
Perth have come a long way. The only reasonable thing to do would be to play tomorrow or Tuesday.
The weather forecast is still for rain all week though.

Remember a few seasons ago we had a game v Sydney called off about five minutes before KO.
No problem calling that one off.

what turbo said basically

Tevor

I would say the game went ahead for a couple of reasons.
Fox wanted it.
Perth have come a long way. The only reasonable thing to do would be to play tomorrow or Tuesday.
The weather forecast is still for rain all week though.

Remember a few seasons ago we had a game v Sydney called off about five minutes before KO.
No problem calling that one off.

what turbo said basically
Makes the half hour delay look stupid as seems like it was always going to go ahead.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Tough conditions, tough game. PG seem to be uniquely able to give us a bit of grief. They did well

Absolutely. Only thing I can see for it taking so long is whether they thought Kuol fouled first...who knows.

How it wasn't a card for the headbutt I'll never know, but oh well. Good composure from Simon to sink that one.
Did you see the Perth nitwit go down holding the back of his own head when his forehead is what hit Simmo ...what a bloody dropkick

Allreet?

Pretty pissed off with a number of decisions and non-decisions. But in the end, we should have done better with our chances and should've prevented theirs...

So a draw was probably the right result.

Ams is still a useless cnut though...

Michael

We definitely had chances to win the game comfortably but Perth also had a couple chances to bury us.
Given the weather a point is pretty fair. I personally don’t care about the performance in those conditions, it’s just a grind. We got through it.

Allreet?

I'm sure this will be debated unto eternity but how on Earth did it take so long to give our penalty?

When you see the three (wrong) penalties given against us in Adelaide, given with such alacrity, where's the farking justice?

I'm looking at you Ams...answer the farking question!!!!

style_cafe

their 2nd goal looks pretty clearly off
I was looking right along the 18yd line at the time and Keogh clearly came from an offside position to receive the ball.
The same thing happened in the Western v Roar game and it was given offside.
Even if the VAR wasn`t doing offsides (due to the poor line quality) a competent AR would
have given it...:popcorn:.

Damn the officals to hell I say!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred