• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners vs Jets: Derby Grand Final

Gen (MarinerMum)

Well, I'm not going to let the scum brag on my parade.  It's about winning on Sunday.  I feel we play the best football when we are under pressure.  The game last night was poor.  Newcastle only picked up there act when they scored, until then they were very ordinary.  I believe we can win and should be 1-0 at half time, they will drop their heads and we will kick on home.

Queensland didn't turn up last night, craig moore spat the dummy because again they weren't winning and gave away a red card.  Glad he is retiring he is shit team player.

marinersman

Gen said:
Queensland didn't turn up last night, craig moore spat the dummy because again they weren't winning and gave away a red card.  Glad he is retiring he is shit team player.

Moore has retired from the National team. He'll be back for the rednecks next season (after his ban of course).

Omni

Mick: I've noticed the same thing too, especially his distribution, he seems reluctant to play it long, no idea why.

According to the A-League website Covic has only made 4 saves in the finals series, Vukovic has made 7 and he didn't really need to work much in the second match. You can make what you will of save statistics, but it does show something.

Newieutd

~Floss~ said:
Think of all the non-converted (especially those from Newcastle) on Monday who'd be saying "Gee, those Mariners didn't do too well, did they?" if we don't win.

"I don't care, it's only one game, besides, we qualified for Asia by being the best team over the whole season," doesn't mean s**t to scummers raised on league and AFL, who weren't watching for the whole season and don't know what you mean by "Asia."

We shouldn't have to make excuses. We owned this season, and like it or not, a large portion of the population (including potential fans) won't notice unless we get the gold-plated, diamond-crusted toilet seat to prove it to them.

The thought of Newcastle taking what is rightfully ours (acknowledgement by the mainstream media and public as the champion team of V3) is disturbing. It can not be allowed to happen.

I'm not trying to dog your opinion here, but....

If the Jets were to win the Grand Final, Then the Jets would have won the same amount of games and lost less then the CC (im not counting out prelim final win - as CC didn't have to play that one).

dibo

Omni said:
Mick: I've noticed the same thing too, especially his distribution, he seems reluctant to play it long, no idea why.

According to the A-League website Covic has only made 4 saves in the finals series, Vukovic has made 7 and he didn't really need to work much in the second match. You can make what you will of save statistics, but it does show something.

on the flipside - it could indicate that their defence is happier to play it out rather than kicking to a contest upfield, and that his defence is doing the work and preventing nay need for him to make saves.

that said, i think mick's about right - covic hasn't looked as comfortable as danny.

Timmah

jockey said:
HEAR, HEAR BRETT.

I've heard some say that it would be a flash in the pan.

I and many others had a moderate interest in the game but when it got down to the real thing, ie; major stadiums, season memberships, major media exposure that interest has become intense.

The Storm & Manly tried to pull a crowd to Bluetongue last night by giving away freebies. The NRL are seriously worried.....

Different seasons played in to be honest, not related. I guarantee you the premiership game average of the 6 NRL matches will be up there, if not better than the Mariners. I love the Mariners, but they're no threat to the NRL, nor is the NRL a threat to the Mariners. I hope they can co-exist to get full use out of that damn beautiful stadium at the top of this page.

brett

Even though the Mariners have better depth, it's Eghead with the selection dilemma. Does he keep Thompson in the midfield with DaPoozo at left back, or move Thommo back and bring in a different midfielder. I think he will likely keep it the same as last week.

Covic                                                          Vukovic

Elrich  North  Durante  D'Apuzzo          Boogaard    Wilkinson    Vidmar  Ceccoli

A Griffo  Musialik                                                Jedinak
                                                          Pondeljak                                Kwasnik
Bridge      Holland        Thompson                                  Hutchinson

J Griffo                                            Aloisi                Petrovski

It's going to be a cracker.

Timmah

Is that the same line up that beat them two weeks ago? If so I'd go with it. They played their best game in a long time.

brett

Timmah said:
Is that the same line up that beat them two weeks ago? If so I'd go with it. They played their best game in a long time.

For the most part we actually had Gumps and Clarky on when Tommy and Checkers got injured.

Kwas swaps sides a bit but he has killed them cutting in from the left. He should play most of the game out there.

Timmah

He and Boogs made plenty of breaks down the left in the half they played on the tunnel side (I was that flustered I can't remember, all I know is they were in front of me) and set it up brilliantly for Aloisi and Sash... pity they didn't always convert it lol.

kevrenor

Nessie said:
For those interested pax number at 1.30pm when i bought a girlfriend who ticket was 26544

How expensive was she?  My son would like one?

Not tracking toward full house on those figures ...

kevrenor

uncleyellow said:
ITS ONLY TUESDAY!!!
FARK!!

Hmmm... 

Let's tick 'em off:

Mariners Members - done
My Football Family - done
Marinators - done
Corporates - done
Jets Members - done

Dead keen fans of both clubs who didn't otherwise qualify - pretty much done if they were keen

Now who else other than casual fans of football in Sydney, is there to go?

The ads in the SMH have been quite odd ... ''Experience emotion like never before ...."

1.  They don't mention who is playing ... perhaps a ruse to get people in, thinking gee I wonder if Real Madrid and Manchester United will be playing?
2.  Emotion?  I though we had to sit down, shut up?

Nessie

got me on that one, thats what i get for trying to rush it, when i have to leave to pick the kids up from school lol. lesson learnt, take your time lol

Timmah

category a  Available 
category b  Available 
category c  Single seats only 
cat c non alcohol  Single seats only 
jets supporters  Limited seats only 
mariners supporters  Single seats only 
cat a restricted  Available 
cat b restricted  Available 
cat c restricted  Available

uncleyellow

Sorry Kevrenor, that was just a general "its only Tuesday! FARK!!"

about having to wait the whole bloody week till the game....

kevrenor

uncleyellow said:

I'm home sick and can't do much it's dragging .... but we may as well FIRE THE FARK UP!!!!!
:fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :pirashoot: :pirate: :headbounce: :eek:verhead:

P

Pete

kevrenor said:
uncleyellow said:

I'm home sick and can't do much it's dragging .... but we may as well FIRE THE FARK UP!!!!!
:fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :pirashoot: :pirate: :headbounce: :eek:verhead:

Err, shouldn't you be taking the sickie next Monday? ;)

If it's genuine I hope you're well very quickly and right as rain for the GF day. :grouphug:

Although, knowing you, you'd discharge yourself from hospital for this match right? (You did that for the historic return Uruguay WCQ match in 2005?) :pirashoot: :pirate:

Hope to catch up with you at the KB pre match! :thumbup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred