• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v Welly (Pride Round)

PatientMariner

Now that I've calm down from Friday I feel I can comment.

Kaltak red card was 50/50 at best. Unfortunately his "reputation" led to the red card. I don't buy referee conspiracies or any of that crap, I just think its referee's not up to standard or incompetent (or a look at me attitude!)

As for Moresche, so stupid. As soon as you raise hands to a players face you're off. Even if he shoved him in the chest he probably would have gotten away with a yellow. I can understand the frustration, we were getting hacked all 2nd half but you have to try to control your emotions.

Hopefully lessons will be learnt from the match. We have to take our chances,be absolutely ruthless and stay calm. Wasting time in the corner from the 82nd minute isn't the way to go.

Game vs WSW could be the game of the season next week. Wanderers in form and we are a bit shaken on confidence. Reckon we will bounce back!

booney

No other clubs have the quality and depth of CBs that we have-Kaltak,Triantis,Hall,Farrell and Windust.Of course that means other clubs including OS clubs will come looking for the younger ones as they gain more experience.Need to keep the Academy production line rolling.

Corsair

People are getting hung up the 3rd red, his very first one was an absolute joke and nothing more than the referees calling DOGSO on anything remotely close, there was another player also red carded for a similarly bad decision then they stopped as they were wrong. Second was a get square and no where near as DOGSO as Grant. His third is more of a red than the other two. Get off the blokes back he has copped some very ordinary decisions but some have his career ending. Glad I’m not a player under some of you quick draw folk.

I think Monty sees him as a mainstay CB whilst we bring through the young ones next to him which I think is good planning. I expect to seem him stay as our main CB at least for the remainder of his contract. Get used to him, we could do far worse.
It's not quick draw, had reservations since the start, but he's still got time to redeem himself. Don't get too used to seeing him though, if his card is not overturned by appeal it'll result in him having missed 15% of our games this season due to suspension.

If I only showed up to work 85% of the time my boss wouldn't be happy ;) Dan got benched for a long time for that red in the FFA cup and Monty made a big deal about it.

Further to clause 6.4, unless otherwise specified in the A-League competition rules, a Player who accumulates the following number of direct Red Cards during the Regular Season or Finals Series, must serve the following Mandatory Match Suspension:
(a) 1st occasion, equates to a one (1) match suspension;
(b) 2nd occasion, equates to a one (1) match suspension;
(c) 3rd occasion, equates to a two (2) match suspension; and
(d) 4th occasion, equates to a three (3) match suspension,

to be served in the Club’s next A-League Match(es) and/or FFA Cup Match(es), (whichever come(s) first).

Last edited:

ConsKrypt

I think the photo of Zawada and Farrell is misleading.it was a sensational sliding tackle by Faz-perfect timing and execution.Faz's right foot has caused Zawada's leg to be rotated and thus his right foot is in the position shown against Faz's leg.I think Zawada was in the act of shooting when Faz slid in and that is why his leg is raised and in that position.

Kraev's tackle on Nizzy is another matter-two footed and studs up.Definite red card tackle.

However I do feel that poor and incompetent officiating is giving us grief.Other teams also get poor decisions from the on field ref and VAR.In the City v Smurf match the commentators highlighted the very obvious pulling back of Burgess who was attempting to get to a cross-should have been a penalty.

I might be looking at match officials through rose coloured glasses rather than yellow and blue ones but I do feel that we are too ready to cry bias and conspiracy against them.
You are correct in the fact zawada was shooting but that still doesn't matter as his foot has made contact with another player above the ankle, which to the letter of the laws for the game is considered foul play and should have been penalised for such action because he didn't make contact with the ball and only the player as faz's timing was beyond perfect in this challenge.
I get what you're trying to say here though but in the WSW game last night a penalty was awarded for something similar in the box where WSW player got their foot in between the opposition and the ball when a clearance was being attempted and they were both playing at the ball.

booney

You are correct in the fact zawada was shooting but that still doesn't matter as his foot has made contact with another player above the ankle, which to the letter of the laws for the game is considered foul play and should have been penalised for such action because he didn't make contact with the ball and only the player as faz's timing was beyond perfect in this challenge.
I get what you're trying to say here though but in the WSW game last night a penalty was awarded for something similar in the box where WSW player got their foot in between the opposition and the ball when a clearance was being attempted and they were both playing at the ball.
Yes I did see that incident and thought that the defender who was playing at the ball was hard done by.If that is the law it is a good demonstration of the old adage about the law being an ass.In the WSW -Bulls game what was the defender to do-it was very close to the goal and he had to attempt a clearance.The WSW player was just behind his right shoulder and the Bulls player was in the front position and entitled to play and had no intention of fouling.

Similarly Zawada was only doing what was natural for anyone who was bearing down on goal.He definitely would not have been trying to stud Farrell.However in both instances I do understand that injuries could have occurred and I can see the rationale for the law now that you have explained it.

Huddo

Faz was caught out a few times as you would expect. However, he may be one of those players that need to see the game in front of him.
Interesting experiment by Monty

I noted this at the game to my mate.

He seemed to be getting dragged in to Ballard's position when Ballard was out of position further forward. He was caught out on the counter around 3 times at the end of the first half when they were tiring

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami