• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v Welly (Pride Round)

marinermick

Can ask a simple question.

Where was the pen first half? where the defender stopped the player not the ball? Honestly I will concede on officiating if someone can explain why that wasn't a pen. Was there even a VAR check?

Silvera checked towards the player to initiate the contact. He wasn’t very subtle about it.

Corsair

Kaltak isn't going anywhere. If anything Monty will double down on him now, the fact that Hall didn't start tonight after last week's efforts kinda shows that.
Not for the next 2 weeks he won't while he's suspended. But it looks like it'll be Windust, seems Hall is on the outer.

marinermick

Law 12. 3. Disciplinary Action
TEAM OFFICIALS
Where an offence is committed and the offender cannot be identified, the senior team coach present in the technical area will receive the sanction.

As I said Van Stratten excelled at this.

Also, maybe the “senior team coach” should control his bench a bit better.

Forum Phoenix

-- Positives --

We completely dominated a side that I thought going in were going to pose a serious challenge for us. There was also a lot of solid link play and I thought we switched the ball and moved it better than we have in a while.

Farrell was excellent at CB. Big call bringing him in over Dan i thought and have to say I felt pretty sorry for Hall. But Faz justified his selection as did McGarry (Hall was also poor in the header for Nix's equaliser)
Thought Balard and Silvera had good games.
Theo with another great cameo - though I hope when he's not coming on late he's planning on passing a bit more. But at times he's just running rings around opposition.
Flip a coin for McGarry or Roux for my MOM. McGarry is such a great pick up.
We still looked the most likely with nine men. Crazy. And great spirit from the side.
Windust was immense on the last few set pieces.

-- Major negatives --

Not to take away from Sail, (bastard) but our finishing... sigh. Once again we should have closed a game out. Have to take our one on ones. Final balls can also improve. And so so many shots are being blocked.
Referee. I think it's a very harsh red on Kaltak and would say the same for anyone who was given a red for that. Ruins a game. The league deserves better.
Moresche, you cannot retaliate. Stupid.
Losing Monty sucks. But losing him and two points in the fourth minute of a seven minute extra time while going down to nine men...

Just Brutal.

LFCMariners

-- Positives --

We completely dominated a side that I thought going in were going to pose a serious challenge for us. There was also a lot of solid link play and I thought we switched the ball and moved it better than we have in a while.

Farrell was excellent at CB. Big call bringing him in over Dan i thought and have to say I felt pretty sorry for Hall. But Faz justified his selection as did McGarry (Hall was also poor in the header for Nix's equaliser)
Thought Balard and Silvera had good games.
Theo with another great cameo - though I hope when he's not coming on late he's planning on passing a bit more. But at times he's just running rings around opposition.
Flip a coin for McGarry or Roux for my MOM. McGarry is such a great pick up.
We still looked the most likely with nine men. Crazy. And great spirit from the side.
Windust was immense on the last few set pieces.

-- Major negatives --

Not to take away from Sail, (bastard) but our finishing... sigh. Once again we should have closed a game out. Have to take our one on ones. Final balls can also improve. And so so many shots are being blocked.
Referee. I think it's a very harsh red on Kaltak and would say the same for anyone who was given a red for that. Ruins a game. The league deserves better.
Moresche, you cannot retaliate. Stupid.
Losing Monty sucks. But losing him and two points in the fourth minute of a seven minute extra time while going down to nine men...

Just Brutal.
Wouldn't have mattered how many minutes of injury time came up on the board, he wasn't blowing the f/t whistle until the Nix had at least earned a draw.

scottmac

Suspended
I can't get people playing down the ineptness of the referring on here and making out like we are doing something wrong in regards to our discipline. Monty and the boys did nothing more than many benches have done before them today. Kaltak was nothing more than a yellow and anyone saying it's his fault is being absolutely full of it. It's a fair challenge with no mallace and complete poor luck that he caught him. Not a red. If it was, by some imagination, then the two footed lunge on niz should have been red too.

LFCMariners

I can't get people playing down the ineptness of the referring on here and making out like we are doing something wrong in regards to our discipline. Monty and the boys did nothing more than many benches have done before them today. Kaltak was nothing more than a yellow and anyone saying it's his fault is being absolutely full of it. It's a fair challenge with no mallace and complete poor luck that he caught him. Not a red. If it was, by some imagination, then the two footed lunge on niz should have been red too.
This.

It's all well and good to blame the players for their shooting or bungling chances, but reality is that for the last 35 minutes the team were a man down, which changed their ability to sustain attack and maybe go for 2, 3, 4-0 and put the game to bed. From the moment Morgan flashed the red at Kaltak, CCM were on the defensive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred