• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v Wanderers

Ironbark

Honestly I was very pleased by that performance. Shame about the result but the boys and Staj can hold their heads high after that. We were robbed but that ar.se-twat ref. The borderline cheating by Beath reminded me of the way a dog can look you directly in the eye whilst taking a sh*t on your carpet.

We passed the ball well, followed a plan with unusual clarity and bossed the game. If it were early season I'd be looking forward to the growth ahead. I think we have a great bunch of youngsters coming through and I can finally see Staj getting his plan across. If we can recruit some decent experience to fill around the kids we will do better and grow. Happy to see what Staj can do next season now.

I feel we're a real shot against the victory.

marinermick

I hate to jinx it-

But-

Could this club finally be turning back in the right direction?

Could it be that (looking towards the 2020-21 season) CCM do NOT appear to have the worst prospects of the teams taking part?

You would have to say not likely.

That was an awful game of football yesterday, well below A-League level. The Wanderers were absolutely diabolical turning the ball over more than us. Some of then also looked like they were on a good paddock during Covid. That was also the worst game I have seen Duke ever play.

FFC Mariner

I hate to jinx it-

But-

Could it be that (looking towards the 2020-21 season) CCM do NOT appear to have the worst prospects of the teams taking part?
Without new ownership, nothig will change. He isnt funding the current cap so will be delighted if it goes altogether as he can sign more park footballers.
The last 3 games have been dreadful
Take Birra out and we would have let in 100 this season

marinermick

Without new ownership, nothig will change. He isnt funding the current cap so will be delighted if it goes altogether as he can sign more park footballers.
The last 3 games have been dreadful
Take Birra out and we would have let in 100 this season

We had this conversation yesterday. Put Kennedy back in for Birraz and our season tally would be worse than last seaso.

pjennings

I hate to jinx it-

But-

I think we have a good base of young players signed. Some like Nisbet look completely at home - other less so. This is important as we have lost some prospects in the last few seasons that would be handy. So a tick here and hopefully a lot of development in this cohort.

The problem then comes with who do we retain in terms of visa and experienced players. We have not done anything here. Our older retained players Pearce, Clisby, Tongyik, De Silva & Muzz do not inspire confidence as ones that can mentor others. So no tick there yet.

We still need experience in all these positions (either re-signing or new), GK, CB, RB, DM, CM, AM, LW, CS, RW and probably an upgrade at LB. Shaun said on the last podcast that they would be announcing some retentions in a fortnight (about now). Let's see what happens there and in future recruiting before we rush to judgement. If we lose Birighitti I think we will struggle to replace him without using a visa spot.

In summary - some progress in spite of another depressing season - but a lot of work needs to be done before we can look forward to even a marginally better season.

onto it

Used him properly last night as a defender to break up play and give it to Nizzy to drive the attack.
There is no-one in the league who wins the ball back as much as Stens, full stop. For some reason a lot of punters seem to concentrate on the mistakes. They happen but less often than most others out here. He makes up for every loss of the ball with ten turnovers. Staj can see the stats and the player quite clearly, which is why Stensness starts every game.

turbo

For some reason a lot of punters seem to concentrate on the mistakes.
Losing the ball in that way can leave you very exposed so it’s no surprise the mistakes do come under scrutiny. It seems he’s best used where he has a few go to options that will then take the ball forward. Last night that was often Nizzy but we need a few outlets regularly looking to gather the ball.

true believer

There is no-one in the league who wins the ball back as much as Stens, full stop. For some reason a lot of punters seem to concentrate on the mistakes. They happen but less often than most others out here. He makes up for every loss of the ball with ten turnovers. Staj can see the stats and the player quite clearly, which is why Stensness starts every game.
nailed it.

greenlig

WSW were walking most of the game, they looked incredibly shit. Nizzy was great as all say, they hated having Matty up front. We’re obviously still dud in attack, no one really looks like they dream of nothing but scoring goals, except for Duric. Please stay, Milan. DDS was atrocious when he came on, except for that fun shot.

turbo

except for Duric. Please stay, Milan
Milan still looked like he wasn’t getting around with a lot of pace. Turned it on a bit when needed but overall pace wasn’t very quick. Early on I thought he was going to have a rubbish game based on that.
Anyone know if he got his issue fixed?

greenlig

Milan still looked like he wasn’t getting around with a lot of pace. Turned it on a bit when needed but overall pace wasn’t very quick. Early on I thought he was going to have a rubbish game based on that.
Anyone know if he got his issue fixed?
Was he ever quick?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think we have a good base of young players signed. Some like Nisbet look completely at home - other less so. This is important as we have lost some prospects in the last few seasons that would be handy. So a tick here and hopefully a lot of development in this cohort.

The problem then comes with who do we retain in terms of visa and experienced players. We have not done anything here. Our older retained players Pearce, Clisby, Tongyik, De Silva & Muzz do not inspire confidence as ones that can mentor others. So no tick there yet.

We still need experience in all these positions (either re-signing or new), GK, CB, RB, DM, CM, AM, LW, CS, RW and probably an upgrade at LB. Shaun said on the last podcast that they would be announcing some retentions in a fortnight (about now). Let's see what happens there and in future recruiting before we rush to judgement. If we lose Birighitti I think we will struggle to replace him without using a visa spot.

In summary - some progress in spite of another depressing season - but a lot of work needs to be done before we can look forward to even a marginally better season.
This is what's worrying me at the moment. This has been a 'rebuilding' season but we don't have any key players, no core players, no spine that we're building the next season around.
I genuinely feel like this is the 'waiting until the rebuild' season, and next season is the rebuild season - but not sure if the club can survive the 5th 'rebuild' season in a row.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami