• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v Wanderers

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

He's clueless. Kept saying Duric should've been used more, making no note of his injuries. Very biased against us and has been for a while
Honestly surprised to hear Bozza say we were the better team most of the match and be sympathetic towards our plight.

contrasted with his absurd 'commentary' over Silvera's denied pen

Cox did outsmart Rowles there but that is what quality strikers do_Otherwise Rowles had a very good game as did Fox.Oar is not a good defender but did play one of his better games tonight.Djuric my MOTM but Nizzy very close
Cox didn't do anything there....he just moved straight for the post, and Rowles didn't do the slightest thing to stop him.

style_cafe

Honestly surprised to hear Bozza say we were the better team most of the match and be sympathetic towards our plight.

contrasted with his absurd 'commentary' over Silvera's denied pen

Cox didn't do anything there....he just moved straight for the post, and Rowles didn't do the slightest thing to stop him.

Cox had just come on and Rowles defended like a demon up until then in all fairness though...:popcorn:

jacobsfl

Really liked the defence overall. Ziggy should take the blame for the goal, you need to defend a cross like a shot and he watched Duke put it in, but we dropped off and probably deserved to concede.

We played really well though the middle, Duric looked fit again, I really hope he stays, Nisbet was fire as well but DDS was embarrassing, just echoing our thoughts from midweek. Lost the ball far too frequently when the momentum was in our favour and was just overall disappointing.

I liked Silvera tonight. Definitely has the quality but can't quite get it to coordinate when he's at full speed. The kid is young, really excited to see if he can mould the two together, was much more confident on the ball as Ads noted and looks much more comfortable, he's playing with purpose unlike before the break

DRD looked OK. He was caught in the wrong positions at times but he'll learn from that, he definitely possess the ability

Kuol also looked good, he gets in the right positions and clearly has the natural fitness but I'm waiting to see if he is capable in front of goal.

Matty S played with a lot of purpose, one of his better performances trying to supply the kids but was difficult with DRD's positioning. I don't see why we should re-sign him but it was good to see life in the old dog. He was probably kept on for 10-15 minutes too long though

Disappointed not to have won that. They were poor and weren't interested for a good hour, that said we were denied a few penalties, the Silvera one the worst I feel.

Take that effort down to Melbourne and I'm confident we'll finish off with a win

Wombat

That was an excellent display by the Mariners. Our pressing was top notch.....we out worked them and harried them and they couldn't handle it.

So unlucky not to get the win.

Rowles had an excellent game apart from the goal where his inexperience killed us.

Credit to Staj for today.

turbo

In the post game when questioned about his future Simon said he’s around next year in a dual role.

Wombat

Birraz. Excellent as usual. Please stay on the Coast mate, Campbelltown blows.
Ziggy. A magnificent game, should have defended the cross better overall very close to MOM.
Fox. Probably my MOM. Only blemish was when they hit the bar.
Rowles. Back to his best, apart from the goal he was impressive.
Oar. He is a poor FB but was very good pushing forward. Set up the Goal. He has been dreadful recently but thought that was a very good performance.
Stens. Much improved.
Nizzy. Good game and finally a midfielder capable of carrying the ball forward at pace.
Duric. We he plays well we are a much better side. Looking much sharper on and off the ball now
Silvera. Worked his arse of and was dangerous. Finding form finally.
Ruiz. Good debut. Positionally a bit lost at times but good feet and looks like a good prospect. Great workrate.
Simon. Good game. Kept them honest and got the assist.

I used to be a DDS fan but we went off the boil when he came on. Wrong options and slow to see others around him. He has some definate quality but his head appears to be all over the place. I hope to scores the winner next week.

Well set out and well drilled side tonight. Well done Staj.

style_cafe

Remember, he's the "expert"
Comments like that from Bozza were just embarrassing.
Sure he`s played at a high level but comments like "it`s a contact sport,no penalty" when the player was clearly pushed in the back and the classic "he shouldn`t have slid in" for Stensness when he won the ball and "it`s accidental" when Duke slid into Ziggy, just prove that he`s far from an expert.

Also his comments on the handball were just dumb, we`ve seen the VAR give so many penalties for lesser incidents this season.

style_cafe

Birraz. Excellent as usual. Please stay on the Coast mate, Campbelltown blows.
Ziggy. A magnificent game, should have defended the cross better overall very close to MOM.
Fox. Probably my MOM. Only blemish was when they hit the bar.
Rowles. Back to his best, apart from the goal he was impressive.
Oar. He is a poor FB but was very good pushing forward. Set up the Goal. He has been dreadful recently but thought that was a very good performance.
Stens. Much improved.
Nizzy. Good game and finally a midfielder capable of carrying the ball forward at pace.
Duric. We he plays well we are a much better side. Looking much sharper on and off the ball now
Silvera. Worked his arse of and was dangerous. Finding form finally.
Ruiz. Good debut. Positionally a bit lost at times but good feet and looks like a good prospect. Great workrate.
Simon. Good game. Kept them honest and got the assist.

I used to be a DDS fan but we went off the boil when he came on. Wrong options and slow to see others around him. He has some definate quality but his head appears to be all over the place. I hope to scores the winner next week.

Well set out and well drilled side tonight. Well done Staj.

Great report mate I agree 100% which makes you right for once...:piralaugh:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami