• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v Ufuk all the sheep

Corsair

The Cummentaters on p- said that the crowd was "papered" ...tons of freebies to disadvantaged kids associations ..nothing wrong with that at all ...but it did jack the crowd up a bit ...also...what streaker?
If we made a home game completely free for everyone how many would show up you reckon?

Tevor

Of course not. But when's the last time we had 18000 at one of our home games? They've only got 1 A league team and a whole country to draw on as a fan base. I bet they get a massive crowd in Auckland next weekend as well.

McArthur haven't topped 2000 at a game this season. https://www.theroar.com.au/2022/04/17/they-tried-and-failed-can-macarthur-survive/amp/
Check their stats before covid, they are not great. Why do you think the FFA put KPI’s on them? It was because they were not contributing to the league.

Totally agree on the Meth Cows, they lost the region in the first year when memberships were double everyone else. I know a family who were keen but didn’t want to pay the membership price and now they don’t watch them at all because it’s on P- this year and the only people with P- are members. Others who have travelled to their games speak of over pricing so it’s not surprising away teams don’t get good crowds.

NZ is a parochial place and if you watch any Union you would be aware of this, being called Wellington will not appeal to a lot of pundits over there. You want the country to follow you then call yourself a NZ team and don’t have the same colours as the Hurricanes. Oh hang on they tried that and it failed.

Ironbark

Haven't read any of this thread yet. Took nearly 24 hours to get to the replay.

I'm sure it's all been said already but standout games from Beni, Balard and Roux for mine - but there was not a bad player on the field whether starting 11 or subs. Great stuff.

WP came out on fire and we weathered the storm, took control, and always looked the goods.

Very pleased with another clean sheet too.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Last edited:

turbo

Check their stats before covid, they are not great. Why do you think the FFA put KPI’s on them? It was because they were not contributing to the league.
Presumably the FFA thought they could sell off the license to someone else for a nice sum. Those KPIs weren’t being matched by other teams either and it’s largely down to the leadership by the FFA at that time. Why should they be held to a number that us, Perth, Brisbane, etc.. aren’t hitting?

Im not against a second NZ team and they’re a larger market than most other places that have been proposed although it does mean issues with the AFC and pro/Rel if it’s ever viable.

Corsair

Sat on the lounge, fired up P+ via Telstra t box …got everything but didn’t see the streaker..AND…might I also add re: the commentary…I miss Fred
TBH the pitch invasion was only caught for maybe 1 second so would be easy to miss. But you'd have wondered why they were packing over the crowd for a couple mins.

turbo

TBH the pitch invasion was only caught for maybe 1 second so would be easy to miss. But you'd have wondered why they were packing over the crowd for a couple mins.
They made a pretty conscious effort not to give it any air on the broadcast. I understand why but at the same time it leaves you waiting for the restart any minute now.

adz

Staff member
I'm just watching the game now thanks to paramount plus. Not that it's a secret that it's awful and replays are slow but we were out yesterday and I thought I'd just watch it when I got home. Kept away from all news while waiting, had the score spoiled around 7pm. Still wasn't available at 9 so gave up. Few keywords for the search engines now. Paramount+ is a steaming pile of shit.

TC Redline

I dunno what you're doing with your match streams, you're not having much luck at the moment!!
Kiwi commentators on Coast fm 96.3 were so funny and were very critical he didn’t go the whole hog and left the adidas white socks on. They were commentating the jacket going on coming off going back on and it’s got to be the funniest 2 or 3 minutes of radio I have heard. Nearly drove off the road I was laughing so much.:D:thumbup:

Yorkshire Mariners FC

Totally agree on the Meth Cows, they lost the region in the first year when memberships were double everyone else. I know a family who were keen but didn’t want to pay the membership price and now they don’t watch them at all because it’s on P- this year and the only people with P- are members. Others who have travelled to their games speak of over pricing so it’s not surprising away teams don’t get good crowds.

NZ is a parochial place and if you watch any Union you would be aware of this, being called Wellington will not appeal to a lot of pundits over there. You want the country to follow you then call yourself a NZ team and don’t have the same colours as the Hurricanes. Oh hang on they tried that and it failed.
Trevor, did you get robbed in NZ once or something? Ironically by stating KPI's you are jumping on the ridiculous FFA train. You CANNOT use KPIs without giving every team (pre covid) the same amount of plumb game times (read Saturday nights). They did the exact same thing to us. Fox and their cronies were either CCM out or Wellington out depending on the form/KPI of the month.

Amazingly the big clubs had bigger crowds because they played at reasonable times. Meanwhile, we played upteen Sunday 3pm games in 40 degree heat.

Funnily enough, Melbourne City must have the worst crowd/ people in the region stats but they are NEVER talked about in terms of getting kicked out despite there inability to draw a crowd or promote the league. All the while poaching players and diluting the playing field of the comp. I happened to go to a Finals game while on holiday against Brisbane and the crowd was about 7000 from memory (yes- that looks good now).

You are 100% correct about Macarthur. I now live down that way and was happy to see more A-league but I won't pay the price. Got to see the Yellow twice last season close to home, but the one time this season was moved to Penrith. They overcharge and do not advertise in the region at all.

Basically- I'm saying CCM and Wellington were dudded by FOX scheduling in terms of KPIs. City are the worst over a longer period of time until Cows came in who are appalling in terms of what they offer the league. Finally, I'll say it again- WU should get kicked out if they don't have their own stadium in the next 12-18 months.

adz

Staff member
Something else to think about - a kiwi game used to be an automatic MUTE the whole game. They are now probably the better if not best commentators. I haven't heard any useless stats about what happened 10 years ago or how many sandwiches the commentators were considering for their half time snack. Actually talking about the game, not putting me to sleep. Nice one bro.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami