• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Sydney / Pre season round 2

RADINHO

mariners4ever said:
FFS bosnich made alot more difference to australian football than aloi$i ever will

one of the best goalkeepers in the world---------------------------the guy who kicks the penalty to get us to the world cup

I agree Bosnich has done a lot more then Aloisi but we all know the Media loves that penalty so it sends a messege of Aloisi. While bad media has surrounded Bosnich with his Cocaine problems.

Stavros

RADINHO said:
mariners4ever said:
FFS bosnich made alot more difference to australian football than aloi$i ever will

one of the best goalkeepers in the world---------------------------the guy who kicks the penalty to get us to the world cup

I agree Bosnich has done a lot more then Aloi$i but we all know the Media loves that penalty so it sends a messege of Aloi$i. While bad media has surrounded Bosnich with his Cocaine problems.
Still, there has already been plenty of media attention on Bosnich (and therefore us) at a time when a game like this would normally get no publicity at all.

Ted

Stavros said:
RADINHO said:
mariners4ever said:

I agree Bosnich has done a lot more then Aloi$i but we all know the Media loves that penalty so it sends a messege of Aloi$i. While bad media has surrounded Bosnich with his Cocaine problems.
Still, there has already been plenty of media attention on Bosnich (and therefore us) at a time when a game like this would normally get no publicity at all.

Bozza - years of playing top flight football both overseas and for Australia, stopping numerous penalty shots in the process.

Aloi$i - yet to do anything remarkable other than net one crucial penalty shot..

I know who I'd vote for!

Ted

Foriegnmariner said:
But did Mark Bosnich ever help us get into a world cup?

I appreciate what you are trying to say but then again...

http://www.youtube.com/v/qczAnNLr6Rk&hl=en&fs=1

Tassiemariner

And what does this have to do with World Cup Qualification?

I understand that he did miss a penalty but
A) i'm sure Bozza missed an obvious saved sometime in his career
B) Name a great player who hasn't missed one (Baggio, C Ronaldo etc)

marinersman

Bozza and Kewell are our best two footballers we've ever produced.

As Matthew Hall pointed out at the time of Bozza playing for United, he was arguably the most famous Australian on the planet.

IMHO. he was never the best keeper in the world but certainly in the top half a dozen easily. His display for United in the WCC (I can't remember who they played) was the best goal keeping display I've ever seen.

Bozza training with us is massive, massive news for the club. You can't buy that publicity. If we sign him in whatever capacity, he will drag more people in than Aloi$i. The guy is loved in this country despite his past history.

He is much, much bigger than Aloi$i ever was. Aloi$i is a park Footballer compared to this guy.

Bex

RADINHO said:
Sym said:
for f--ks sake boy !!

It's bozzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa farken !!

Mark f--king Bosnich !

The thing is football had took of 3 years ago but Bosnich played six years ago so all the new football converts don't have a great knowledge of Bosnich while Aloi$i's penalty converted all these people to football so there is a huge knowledge of Aloi$i and thats why he is so marketable   

Well I don't mind admitting that I'm one of those so called "new football converts" but I can still see the difference in importance between Aloisi and Bosnich. Give us credit, just cause we're new to the game doesn't make us dumb-arses.

FFC Mariner

Agreed, Aloisi is a journeyman footballer trawling around Eurpoe while Bozza was arguably world class.

Golf comparison might be Woods/Appleby

Mariner Girl

Very much looking forward to this match and just watching how the team "gell" as a unit without being all churned up. These pre-season cup matches are a good indicator to how you willl go during the season but not the be all and end all.
Great to have Bozza here , hope he has a blinder  :pirashoot:

Aden

scottmac said:
Foriegnmariner said:
But did Mark Bosnich ever help us get into a world cup?

Not Yet ;)

fair enough  aloisi  took one of the penalties that got us into the world cup but i think we get so caught up in his shot that ook us through and forgot  about the how many others that got their penalties of which if they didnt get it we wouldnt have so  it was  not Aloisi who took us there but the whole team .. If anyone took us there was Shwarzer with his  wonderful saves ..  not  one penalty taken by Aloi$i

Atomic

Greenpoleffc said:
Agreed, Aloi$i is a journeyman footballer trawling around Eurpoe while Bozza was arguably world class.

Golf comparison might be Woods/Appleby Montgomerie

marinersman

forzamariners said:
but Aloi$i has done more for australian football

I'm not sure what you mean by this and how you draw this conclusion. How has Aloi$i done more for Australian Football? And yes, we know all about the penalty.

Atomic

marinersman said:
forzamariners said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this and how you draw this conclusion. How has Aloi$i done more for Australian Football? And yes, we know all about the penalty.

You mean the one he missed in the 1st leg of the semi against the scum?  ;)

marinersman

Atomic said:
marinersman said:
forzamariners said:

You mean the one he missed in the 1st leg of the semi against the scum?  ;)

Yeah, good one Atomic. :piralaugh: How bad was that penalty?

The amount of sitters he missed for us was unreal. He should have score 15 last season. Worse than watching Allsopp. He's not our problem now. Good luck scoring goals circus with Aloi$i in the stands and Bridge up front.

S

soccersensei

Mariner Girl said:
Very much looking forward to this match and just watching how the team "gell" as a unit...

Yeah I'm busting too as I'm sure are most ;D
I really appreciate peoples concerns about this seasons squad, especially as most other teams seem to have been more active with new squad signings, yet Lawrie has always by and large constructed his squads extremely well in the past - striker problems withstanding - our squads have always surprised so I'm really looking forward to seeing at least some strong glimmers of potential on the weekend.

The biggest concern (especially with Mrdja looking like he may just be ok) has to still be the hole left by Tommy  :'( as a creative attacking mid... so I'll be very interested to see how we are looking in this regard and whether I think we may be ok with Hutch, Caceres and Elrich...

But even with a healthy firing Nik, it still feels like we are missing "at least" one major signing doesn't it?
???

Arabmariner

We all obviously want to win,but the important thing is being prepared for Rnd 1 v the scum.I wouldn't take a defeat too hard and nor would I go overboard about a win.Look at last year...we lost 3-1 at home to Perth in the pre-season cup then look what happened in the league.

And also Atomic ....a word...........[quote author=Atomic
]Appleby[/s] Montgomerie
[/quote]
SEE YOU JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!Are you insinuating us jocks are cranky buggers!

:headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:

;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred