• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Roar

Jerem

Butchered a goal scoring chance but he did defo look up to the standard.
Team missed abou
It did go directly from his shoulder to his arm, but in consequence of the Hand Ball Law below, it was a clear Penalty. I saw the replay on the big screen and wondered why the Ref took so long in considering - it was so clearly a Pen. Arms being near shoulder level should absolutely be called as a Hand Ball.

It is a Hand Ball if it "...touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised."

As a CCF referee (which will immediately make me unpopular!) I have to laugh at some of the interpretations of Ref's decisions on this forum. Ref's make mistakes in ALL games and with ALL teams. With the exception of one Ref, they are genuine mistakes. Like all the other teams, we have received our share of howlers and our share of, let's say, 'lucky breaks'.

But that's the great thing about sport. It is our absolute right to react emotionally to decisions that go against us. It is part of the allure of being a ''til I Die" supporter!
so it wasn’t a handball by thst definition

Hello Sailor

I can cop the Pen, I actually think he was harsh on the Roar player and Kaltak by also giving them yellows. Both where unfortunate handballs and not automatic yellows in my opinion.
True, I thought Farrell very unlucky to get a card-can anyone remember a sanction being given for simulation since Perez copped one? It seems to be a rule rarely enforced

Tevor

True, I thought Farrell very unlucky to get a card-can anyone remember a sanction being given for simulation since Perez copped one? It seems to be a rule rarely enforced
That Roar team are horrendous for diving, Armiento especially. Was plenty of clear displays of simulation but for some reason the officials are so reluctant. After a couple of yellows the problem would be solved.

JoyfulPenguin

That Roar team are horrendous for diving, Armiento especially. Was plenty of clear displays of simulation but for some reason the officials are so reluctant. After a couple of yellows the problem would be solved.
Armiento got one against Adelaide a while back but not all the refs seem to have cottoned on to them yet.

marinermick

Anyone who works on a Saturday in retail couldnt go. The number of people for whom Saturday is another work day is pretty high. I'd suggest most of our 5pm kick off get shitty crowds.

Lots of people were playing football as well. I was lucky I had a 1:45pm game, but still had to rush to get to the game.

I also suggest the cost of living and rising interest rates are starting to bite as well. It is hitting rugby league hard given their demographic.

Corsair

Great game, so glad I was there despite looking like a drowned rat! Hard to pick out highlight players, Niz monster back on the rampage was probably my favourite thing. We probably should have pumped them by 7 or 8 but a great win nonetheless. Big points and GD gain. I reckon we need 4 more points min.

turbo

I can cop the Pen, I actually think he was harsh on the Roar player and Kaltak by also giving them yellows. Both where unfortunate handballs and not automatic yellows in my opinion.
There was a similar one in the game this arvo and they didn’t give a yellow

Insertnamehere

Just got to watch the mini. Starting xi defs our best performed xi.

Niz influence showed what we missed. He seemed to have a bit more directness about him too. Absolute linchpin to our midfield. Albeit Roar are actually a shadow defensively of what they were under Moon. Take of that what you will.

Kaltak getting a dodgy yellow. I seriously dislike the way pens are given out like candy. Accidental contact with the ball shouldn't be a pen.

Last edited:

Ads

I have no idea why the game has moved away from deliberate handball vs accidental.

It’s very easy to determine, and even if the accidental handball means the ball doesn’t fall where it might be a scoring opportunity that is simply a case of over the course of a season it should even out. (Swings and round abouts)

As a conspiracy theorist in this case I do believe they (the decision makers) steer the referee interpretation of rules and guide them to the most entertaining outcome.

In this case they probably think more goals =
more entertainment.

More red cards = more controversy = more interest

marinermick

I have no idea why the game has moved away from deliberate handball vs accidental.

It’s very easy to determine, and even if the accidental handball means the ball doesn’t fall where it might be a scoring opportunity that is simply a case of over the course of a season it should even out. (Swings and round abouts)

As a conspiracy theorist in this case I do believe they (the decision makers) steer the referee interpretation of rules and guide them to the most entertaining outcome.

In this case they probably think more goals =
more entertainment.

More red cards = more controversy = more interest

I agree, the law is as silly as ever but it is a pretty simple solution. Keep your arms by your side or behind your back when defending in the box. Most other professional players around the world, and a chunk of amateur players, have grasped this concept.

Tevor

Just got to watch the mini. Starting xi defs our best performed xi.

Niz influence showed what we missed. He seemed to have a bit more directness about him too. Absolute linchpin to our midfield. Albeit Roar are actually a shadow defensively of what they were under Moon. Take of that what you will.

Kaltak getting a dodgy yellow. I seriously dislike the way pens are given out like candy. Accidental contact with the ball shouldn't be a pen.
That is why I thought we were a good chance in this game as we struggle to break down teams that sit deep with good defensive structures. I feel Moon did what he had to do with the team he had and went full blown defense and this ultimately seen his demise, probably why Austin packed up and left so early in the season. It was never going to be a game plan that suited his style, shame as he appeared to be a character that would've added something to the league. Roar are a mess and now very likely to win some timber ware. Might be their first spoon as well, haven't checked but don't recall them ever finishing at the bottom. Such a shame as QLD needs a better team than what they have had for a long while.

turbo

Roar are a mess and now very likely to win some timber ware.
Funnily enough they’re on 23 points and any other season in the last 10 years that has you safe from the spoon. 5 points between the spoon and finals right now which is almost unheard of. May stretch out as the final rounds unfold but it has been a very competitive season. Usually it’s 15+ or even closer to 20.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred