• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Roar

Wombat

Did someone say bogey team?

CCM were playing Harlem Globetrotter style football tonight, full of flare and could easily have bagged another 2-3 goals. Roar could literally only get a goal from a penalty, they were far too easy to steal possession off and while they showed they deserve their spot on the ladder, tonight was exactly the response you wanted to see coming back from an international break and considering the recent run of form.

Not sure about anybody else but the whole game went by quickly tonight- I got in late TBF but the entire match felt like it lasted 60 mins- every time I glanced at the scoreboard another 10 minutes had passed, my friend agreed time flew tonight.

Atmosphere was curiously subdued tonight- felt like an early evening beer garden crowd at Crowne Plaza rather than a football game with the home side dominating. If the team on the pitch had showed the same amount of persistence the Travelling Den displayed in supporting them, it might have been a closer contest!
Crowd was subdued due to the last 2 months of rubbish we have served up. Once they knew we were NOT going to blow it they perked up for the last 20 mins.
Great to hear the little kids lead with a Mariners Mariners chant a couple of times. from Acorns etc

Forum Phoenix

Speaking of Academy players, thought Bayliss was awesome off the bench tonight.

Niz 3 points. Great game, of which he's played so many, but that's how you respond to adversity and being dropped. great goal, and beautiful seeing how much the team got around him on the celebration too.

Silvera 2. So much energy and endeavour and he's improved so much with his defensive contributions. Puts in 100% now and made abig difference to our momentum.

Triantis 1 - flawless game really, hell of a player we have there

Max had an excellent game and if I had more points he'd be getting them as well.

Tulio found some form again which was great to see.

Everyone else solid with Moresche being the only real dissapointment for mine, looks well behind our other attackers at the moment.
In general, Roar are dire so not going to make too much of it, but huge improvement with the coordination and commitment to our pressing. Passing speed, accuracy and link play looking much more like early season form.

Essential 3 points, not just for the ladder, but in building confidence and momentum moving forward into the pointy end of the season.

Forum Phoenix

Crowd was subdued due to the last 2 months of rubbish we have served up. Once they knew we were NOT going to blow it they perked up for the last 20 mins.
Great to hear the little kids lead with a Mariners Mariners chant a couple of times. from Acorns etc

I thought it was just because everyone was just sitting there in a happy glaze of shock. I was. Knowing 30 minutes in that it was already over against roar is a pretty novel experience.

Meerkat

I think you are spot on.

I told you my negativity would pay dividends though ?

I did refrain from betting on the whimpers.

Meerkat

I thought it was just because everyone was just sitting there in a happy glaze of shock. I was. Knowing 30 minutes in that it was already over against roar is a pretty novel experience.
I still had a “this is too good to be true” mentality happening.. and was waiting for us to stuff it up ??

4 goals in.. even when they scored the penalty.. my happy glaze had set in.

Wombat

Good performance against a gun shy Brisbane team. Monty and Serg set up a much better team this
time.
Danny 6.5. Some good saves but the one where he didnt move and it hit the crossbar was alarming.
Roux 7.5 Very solid game.
Kaltak 7. Still needs polish but is a proper defender.
Traintis. 6.5 Looked quality at times but had some unusual lapses.
McGarry 7. Solid but i still think Farrell offers us more.
Niz 7.5 Everywhere tonight.
Balard. 7. Coming back into form.
Beni 7. A handful. Kept them on the backfoot all night.
Silvera 8.5. MOM. Sumblime quality at times. He worked like a demon.
Cumdog 6. Good penalty.
Tulio 7. Better game.

Very impressed with Farrell and Theo. Moreshe is improving.

MOM Sammy Silvera. 3pts
2pts Niz
1pt Roux

Last edited:

Jerem

5500 crowd. Alot of people would have pussied out due to the rain.....which cleared. So those pussies that didnt go would have been dry......i'm gonna stop typing now.....
Yes I did think if in Melbourne maybe packed house

Jerem

Speaking of Academy players, thought Bayliss was awesome off the bench tonight.

Niz 3 points. Great game, of which he's played so many, but that's how you respond to adversity and being dropped. great goal, and beautiful seeing how much the team got around him on the celebration too.

Silvera 2. So much energy and endeavour and he's improved so much with his defensive contributions. Puts in 100% now and made abig difference to our momentum.

Triantis 1 - flawless game really, hell of a player we have there

Max had an excellent game and if I had more points he'd be getting them as well.

Tulio found some form again which was great to see.

Everyone else solid with Moresche being the only real dissapointment for mine, looks well behind our other attackers at the moment.
In general, Roar are dire so not going to make too much of it, but huge improvement with the coordination and commitment to our pressing. Passing speed, accuracy and link play looking much more like early season form.

Essential 3 points, not just for the ladder, but in building confidence and momentum moving forward into the pointy end of the season.
Bayliss had some incredible touches

Forum Phoenix

Good performance against a gun shy Brisbane team. Monty and Serg set up a much better team this
time.
Danny 6.5. Some good saves but the one where he didnt move and it hit the crossbar was alarming.
Roux 7.5 Very solid game.
Kaltak 7. Still needs polish but is a proper defender.
Traintis. 6.5 Looked quality at times but had some unusual lapses.
McGarry 7. Solid but i still think Farrell offers us more.
Niz 7.5 Everywhere tonight.
Balard. 7. Coming back into form.
Beni 7. A handful. Kept them on the backfoot all night.
Silvera 8.5. MOM. Sumblime quality at times. He worked like a demon.
Cumdog 6. Good penalty.
Tulio 7. Better game.

Very impressed with Farrell and Theo. Moreshe is improving.

MOM Sammy Silvera. 3pts
2pts Niz
1pt Roux

Danny also missed the clearance on another cross where he missed the punch. He was complaining his shirt was pulled but he barely moved and with his strength I expect him to dominate his box and drag anyone around trying to hold him which also makes it far more obvious if he's being fouled.

midfielder

Rain kept some away I am sure.....the Roar were so flat I think that added to the crowd being quite ....

As a side note in some ways its sad to see the demise of the Roar in many ways mirror the Jerks and us as well pre Staj .... piss poor management, poor budgets.... etc....

Fishsdad

Does this still stand as far as the handball rule stands?

There will be no penalty if:

• the ball touches a player's hand/arm immediately from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player.
To me it looked like the ball went from Brian's shoulder to his hand
It did go directly from his shoulder to his arm, but in consequence of the Hand Ball Law below, it was a clear Penalty. I saw the replay on the big screen and wondered why the Ref took so long in considering - it was so clearly a Pen. Arms being near shoulder level should absolutely be called as a Hand Ball.

It is a Hand Ball if it "...touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised."

As a CCF referee (which will immediately make me unpopular!) I have to laugh at some of the interpretations of Ref's decisions on this forum. Ref's make mistakes in ALL games and with ALL teams. With the exception of one Ref, they are genuine mistakes. Like all the other teams, we have received our share of howlers and our share of, let's say, 'lucky breaks'.

But that's the great thing about sport. It is our absolute right to react emotionally to decisions that go against us. It is part of the allure of being a ''til I Die" supporter!

Tevor

It did go directly from his shoulder to his arm, but in consequence of the Hand Ball Law below, it was a clear Penalty. I saw the replay on the big screen and wondered why the Ref took so long in considering - it was so clearly a Pen. Arms being near shoulder level should absolutely be called as a Hand Ball.

It is a Hand Ball if it "...touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised."

As a CCF referee (which will immediately make me unpopular!) I have to laugh at some of the interpretations of Ref's decisions on this forum. Ref's make mistakes in ALL games and with ALL teams. With the exception of one Ref, they are genuine mistakes. Like all the other teams, we have received our share of howlers and our share of, let's say, 'lucky breaks'.

But that's the great thing about sport. It is our absolute right to react emotionally to decisions that go against us. It is part of the allure of being a ''til I Die" supporter!
I can cop the Pen, I actually think he was harsh on the Roar player and Kaltak by also giving them yellows. Both where unfortunate handballs and not automatic yellows in my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred