• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Roar

onto it

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 3. Lewis MILLER, 4.Joshua NISBET, 5.Stefan NIGRO, 6. Gianni STENSNESS, 7. Stefan JANKOVIC, 8.Oliver BOZANIC (c), 10. Daniel DESILVA, 11.Jack CLISBY, 12.Marcos UREÑA, 14.Daniel BOUMAN, 15.Kye ROWLES, 19.Matt SIMON, 20.Adam PEARCE (gk), 21. Ruon TONGYIK, 23.Dan HALL, 25. Matthew HATCH, 26.Jaden CASELLA, 29.Alou KUOL, 30. Jordan SMYLIE

IN: 7. Stefan JANKOVIC), 21. Ruon TONGYIK, (Return from Suspension), 30. Jordan SMYLIE (Promoted)
OUT: 22. Michal JANOTA (Ankle – 1 week)
It's good to see Tonk back, but it's shocking how little depth there is on the bench. A bunch of juniors really.

onto it

That was Yeboah wasn't it?

I'm tipping 1-1 FT.

Simon or Urena to score in the opening 20 minutes.

Then CCM begin to tire midway through the second half, Brisbane score the equaliser between the 70th and 85th minute and Kuol is subbed on around the 80th minute, threatens several times but the final whistle blows before he can turn one of the chances he creates into a goal.
Ground hog day,

Rising Sun

It's good to see Tonk back, but it's shocking how little depth there is on the bench. A bunch of juniors really.
With the exception of Janota, that's been the case most of the season, and it's hardly been a problem, has it?

Majority of the squad is either kids or cast-offs that nobody else wanted, which makes what Staj has achieved with them all the more remarkable

Forum Phoenix

Never positive about Roar either - why would you be.

But I think we’re genuinely a better football side. The title is on the line - can’t drop anymore points, need to go on a winning streak if we want that ACL spot via the premiership. Reasonable hope city will slip up when they lose McClaren.

The Boys have everything to play for. and the ability to back it up. So I think we’ll do them and looking forward to it.

Forum Phoenix

I hear you. And Janota is a dent, But honestly, I think our depth is the best it’s been in an age. We haven’t had a striker who could come on and impact a game in donkeys. Bouman has created assists coming off the bench and I think Casella is a quality little player. Then you have Hall, Hatch and Smylie all hungry AF for game time and to take their chance.

It’s young and lacks experience - but it’s quality. Proof of the pudding is how impactful our bench has been when it was being used.

LFCMariners

Oh god, bastard gave me nightmares.
I remember in the final episode of 'The Code' it begins with them talking about CCM's previous GF and one of our guys (can't remember exactly who) recalls that with about 10 minutes to go, with CCM still up 2-0 Henrique had run past and said words to the effect of "Congrats, you guys were the better team today". To which our guy said "Thanks, but it's not over yet."

I was gobsmacked. You never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake. Enrique isn't Michael Jordan where no matter what you said in response (or even if you gave no response) he'd take it personally and use it as motivation. Why not just nod and be gracious?

As a result, I blame said player for not being 2/4 in GF's...

Big Dog

With the exception of Janota, that's been the case most of the season, and it's hardly been a problem, has it?

Majority of the squad is either kids or cast-offs that nobody else wanted, which makes what Staj has achieved with them all the more remarkable
It hasn't been a problem because injury wise we've done pretty well. We haven't had to rely on the kids for long periods of time, just sub them on when required. Hall needing to come off with cramp after 55 odd minutes is indicative of the challenge of getting these boys game time and match fitness prep when they're not regular starters.

Rising Sun

It hasn't been a problem because injury wise we've done pretty well. We haven't had to rely on the kids for long periods of time, just sub them on when required. Hall needing to come off with cramp after 55 odd minutes is indicative of the challenge of getting these boys game time and match fitness prep when they're not regular starters.
Original point was that having a bunch of kids on the bench was not a worry given the service the same kids have given us off the bench.

Agree that it is also indicative that the depth outside the game day squad is not great and an "injury crisis" might have hit us hard. But we seemed to have had an exceptional run with injuries or lack thereof (and that's part of the reason that a lot of the squad have not got many minutes in their legs).

Either we have been very lucky or whoever is doing the fitness and conditioning is a genius and needs to be signed up on a 50 year contract

Pirate Pete

E0C8xDLVEAE9IiU

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred