• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners to start season 10 with F3 Derby

nebakke

Shocking result.

If either WSW or us have a bad year then hosting WSW in Rd 26 is useless. We will be very lucky to break 8,500 as a season average.

This! For mine, it's not just that the club is giving away at least one fairly big game in the Victory game, we're also losing that NYE game and we're on a single-home-game season coming off an inescure season, with a very new team and no big signings to generate interest.
I sort of feel like this every year, but this does feel a bit make-or-break... If we survive the next season, I suspect we'll be fine going forward, but I think this could come close to our worst season ever, attendance-wise....
Hopefully I'm wrong though... If the boys do the usual thing and surprise everyone, we could pull through it without a mark ;)

Wombat

My thoughts on our draw for next season:

- Underwhelming start to the season. Scum @ home in Rd 1 is good, but Nix in Rd 2 the Glory in Rd 5…. not particularly inspiring. It's funny that I'm looking forward to the 3 away trips more than the 3 home game in the first 6 rounds.
- Disappointed we won't see Villa at CCS. I'll definitely be heading to Melbourne for the City game in Rd 6. I bet I won't be the only Mariner fan doing that road trip. Should be an epic weekend!
- Charlesworth can stick the NSO and Brookvale games up his arse! Glad we have the option to by an 11 match season ticket. Got to give the club credit for that decision.
- Correct me if I'm wrong but only 2 Saturday night home games prior to Christmas.
- Too many 5pm home kick offs
- No NYE game? Disappointing but the explanation seems reasonable.
- Final game away to the Nix? Again, disappointing, but every cloud has a silver lining… I'll settle into a pub or club somewhere and cheer the boys onto another Premiership.

All in all, shit draw. It seems to me that our needs were put last.

Without doubt. The draw is totally shit for us but those maggots at FFA couldn't give a toss about us. We are the annoying, overachieving little club that keeps throwing a spanner in the works.

Those conniving c**ts will never give us an even break.......as usual f**k the Jets and the FFA ( and Charlesworth).

eenfish

My thoughts on our draw for next season:

- Underwhelming start to the season. Scum @ home in Rd 1 is good, but Nix in Rd 2 the Glory in Rd 5…. not particularly inspiring. It's funny that I'm looking forward to the 3 away trips more than the 3 home game in the first 6 rounds.
- Disappointed we won't see Villa at CCS. I'll definitely be heading to Melbourne for the City game in Rd 6. I bet I won't be the only Mariner fan doing that road trip. Should be an epic weekend!
- Charlesworth can stick the NSO and Brookvale games up his arse! Glad we have the option to by an 11 match season ticket. Got to give the club credit for that decision.
- Correct me if I'm wrong but only 2 Saturday night home games prior to Christmas.
- Too many 5pm home kick offs
- No NYE game? Disappointing but the explanation seems reasonable.
- Final game away to the Nix? Again, disappointing, but every cloud has a silver lining… I'll settle into a pub or club somewhere and cheer the boys onto another Premiership.

All in all, shit draw. It seems to me that our needs were put last.

To be honest, it feels like our needs weren't even considered. The FFA would know that out of all teams we are dependant on Saturday arvo/evening games to get good crowds, that we don't rate well on Fridays FTA or get big crowds on Sundays, and that the NYE game is our big thing, but they've all been completely ignored.

sydmariner

I've said it before & I'll say it again the FFA doesn't give a f**k about us so why should we give a f**k about the FFA:soapbox:

sydmariner

Better stop supporting the Socceroos then ;)
Well I do also have an England jersey as well as a socceroos jersey so I hope for 3 things 1. Ballotelli stops being a dickhead
2. We beat those diving cheats;)
3. That Rooney punches that f**kstain Suarez in the face & see how he likes it

Blackadder

I'm really pissed off about the Brookvale game.

Games in Gosford take 2h each way for me to get from door to door from Stanmore.

Getting to Brookvale Oval on a Saturday afternoon from Stanmore by public transport will take me 1h 31m (assuming a perfect run on the buses).

Getting home would after the game would take me another 1h 23m (again, assuming a perfect run on the buses).

But you're more likely to miss a bus because it's chockers and you won't fit, you're guaranteed to get caught in traffic (because you've got Military Rd, Spit Bridge etc. to negotiate) and who the hell knows where you'd go for a beer up there.

And after all that, the ground's a dump!

NSO stinks, but it's not as bad as Brookvale.

If there is any positive from taking a game to the insular Peninsula, at least it isn't a Friday night.

midfielder

Shocking result.

1) No NYE

2) Only play the NSW teams once.

3) Play city twice after Villa has gone

4) No Victory game at CCS

If either WSW or us have a bad year then hosting WSW in Rd 26 is useless. We will be very lucky to break 8,500 as a season average.

The playing schedule from 442

AU - 2 Wed, 1 Thu, 3 Fri, 6 Sat, 2 Sun
BR - 1 Tue, 1 Wed, 1 Thu, 3 Fri, 3 Sat, 4 Sun
CCM - 2 Fri, 6 Sat, 5 Sun
MC - 3 Fri, 5 Sat, 5 Sun
MV - 2 Mon, 6 Fri, 5 Sat, 1 Sun
NUJ - 1 Mon, 1 Tue, 4 Fri, 5 Sat, 2 Sun
PG - 1 Mon, 2 Fri, 8 Sat, 3 Sun
SFC - 1 Thu, 2 Fri, 8 Sat, 2 Sun
WP - 1 Thu, 2 Fri, 3 Sat, 8 Sun
WSW - 2 Tue, 1 Thu, 2 Fri, 8 Sat, 1 Sun

We only have Friday, Saturday & Sunday games ... that is a plus, the two negatives are the number of early starts on Saturday's they take IMO close to 2K off the crowd and the long debated NSO & Brookie ... on the NYE match I think it was a trade off for no Monday to Thursday games..

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
If every member does NOT take up the option in their membership renewal to include the two sydney games, do you think the board will get the message??

nah...we got buckley's of them upstairs giving a rat's arse of what we think

Jaundice

nah...we got buckley's of them upstairs giving a rat's arse of what we think
cheese-types_1.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member