• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners to start season 10 with F3 Derby

adz

Staff member
I know that it's the entire point but it's only for 1 season whitch is bad enough but it could be a lot worse it could be every season

Is there a reason it's been taken away this year? I haven't seen anything but then again I haven't gone looking for it.

MrCelery

Is there a reason it's been taken away this year? I haven't seen anything but then again I haven't gone looking for it.

The Club's website

"There is no New Year’s Eve fixture at Central Coast Stadium this year. Why?
Due to scheduling clashes – involving other Clubs at other Stadia, and the 2015 AFC Asian Cup – this season the Club will not host a New Year’s Eve fixture at Central Coast Stadium. However, the Mariners can confirm that from 2015/16 onwards the Club’s annual final day festival of football on the Gosford waterfront will return."

But that's weird as we play WSW in Sydney on New Year's Day. Maybe it is because the ground is booked as a training base by an Asian nation or the Socceroos for the AFC?

dibo

I'm really pissed off about the Brookvale game.

Games in Gosford take 2h each way for me to get from door to door from Stanmore.

Getting to Brookvale Oval on a Saturday afternoon from Stanmore by public transport will take me 1h 31m (assuming a perfect run on the buses).

Getting home would after the game would take me another 1h 23m (again, assuming a perfect run on the buses).

But you're more likely to miss a bus because it's chockers and you won't fit, you're guaranteed to get caught in traffic (because you've got Military Rd, Spit Bridge etc. to negotiate) and who the hell knows where you'd go for a beer up there.

And after all that, the ground's a dump!

NSO stinks, but it's not as bad as Brookvale.

sydmariner

According to the ccm website there's 2 reasons why
There is no New Year’s Eve fixture at Central Coast Stadium this year. Why?
Due to scheduling clashes – involving other Clubs at other Stadia, and the 2015 AFC Asian Cup – this season the Club will not host a New Year’s Eve fixture at Central Coast Stadium. However, the Mariners can confirm that from 2015/16 onwards the Club’s annual final day festival of football on the Gosford waterfront will return.

sydmariner

The Club's website

"There is no New Year’s Eve fixture at Central Coast Stadium this year. Why?
Due to scheduling clashes – involving other Clubs at other Stadia, and the 2015 AFC Asian Cup – this season the Club will not host a New Year’s Eve fixture at Central Coast Stadium. However, the Mariners can confirm that from 2015/16 onwards the Club’s annual final day festival of football on the Gosford waterfront will return."

But that's weird as we play WSW in Sydney on New Year's Day. Maybe it is because the ground is booked as a training base by an Asian nation or the Socceroos for the AFC?
As far as I was awere neither bts/coe were being used as training bases for the Asian cup

midfielder

Friday night FTA matches much better planned with Roar, WSW, SFC, & MV in most matches and its these clubs that get the highest rating ... could not find rd 9 & 16 games ..

http://media.foxsports.com.au/football/A-League_Draw_2014-15.pdf

1 MV - WSW
2 AU - MV
3 ROAR - SFC
4 MC - AU
5 NIX - WSW
6 JETS - ROAR
7 MV - ROAR
8 MV - AU
9 ?????
10 CCM - MV
11 AU - ROAR
12 ROAR - WSW
13 MC - PG
14 JETS - MC
15 SFC - JETS
16 ?????
17 JETS - ROAR
18 CCM - ROAR
19 ROAR - MV
20 MC - AU
21 JETS - AU
22 AU - CCM
23 SFC - MC
24 MV - CCM
25 ROAR - CCM
26 MV - JETS
27 NIX - CCM

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
bloody Brookvale oval is a festering shithole to get in and out of....assuming the club put on buses...their gonna have to add a heap of time in case the the Spit Bridge and Military road are their probable clusterf**k....bet u they get the timing wrong and they miss kickoff

Atomic

My thoughts on our draw for next season:

- Underwhelming start to the season. Scum @ home in Rd 1 is good, but Nix in Rd 2 the Glory in Rd 5…. not particularly inspiring. It's funny that I'm looking forward to the 3 away trips more than the 3 home game in the first 6 rounds.
- Disappointed we won't see Villa at CCS. I'll definitely be heading to Melbourne for the City game in Rd 6. I bet I won't be the only Mariner fan doing that road trip. Should be an epic weekend!
- Charlesworth can stick the NSO and Brookvale games up his arse! Glad we have the option to by an 11 match season ticket. Got to give the club credit for that decision.
- Correct me if I'm wrong but only 2 Saturday night home games prior to Christmas.
- Too many 5pm home kick offs
- No NYE game? Disappointing but the explanation seems reasonable.
- Final game away to the Nix? Again, disappointing, but every cloud has a silver lining… I'll settle into a pub or club somewhere and cheer the boys onto another Premiership.

All in all, shit draw. It seems to me that our needs were put last.

pjennings

Shocking result.

1) No NYE

2) Only play the NSW teams once.

3) Play city twice after Villa has gone

4) No Victory game at CCS

If either WSW or us have a bad year then hosting WSW in Rd 26 is useless. We will be very lucky to break 8,500 as a season average.

MagpieMariner

bloody Brookvale oval is a festering shithole to get in and out of....assuming the club put on buses...their gonna have to add a heap of time in case the the Spit Bridge and Military road are their probable clusterf**k....bet u they get the timing wrong and they miss kickoff
If we're talking about buses from the Coast, they wouldn't go near Military Rd or Spit would they. Wouldn't they go Forest Way & Warringah Rd?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred