• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners to play French legends team

fish

Todays Football Fever said we may be playing a French Legends team that are also playing in Christian Karembau's testimonial in New Caledonia.Firstly WOW, sure beats the Galaxy and secondly can you imagine watching the likes of Zidane,Blanc,Barthez etc out our stadium.
Surely stems from when Lawrie accepted the offer to play New Caledonia at Budgewoi last season to help their Oceania qualifiers.
The man is a genius

trev

yeah that would be crazy but i will think they wouldd move the game to ANZ to get more people in the game, At least no scummers on this 1 :p

T

thanman

yeah maybe ANZ.. dunno.. depends on who actually wants to turn up to watch the French legends. I know I do.

Andy

Still waiting FFA approval it said though.

Very interesting that Sydney aren't playing them.

SNOWMARINER

hmmmm, I would be really suprised if FFA Sydney get everything arent playing them. Possibly another incorrect rumour like the Dwight Yorke story.

Bear

They probably didnt know about it, read the story and went "f**k that, we are Sydney, nobody is playing them but us"

And I doubt the powers that be will let us have a game this huge. Negative I know, but its hard to be positive when its the FFA and your the CCMFC

northernspirit

i also read this but thought i read it wrong or my eyes were playing tricks on me hence i didnt post anything lol... and to add to bears comments, your right but feck em, its about time some other teams got some publicity not just SFC - and our exhibition would be against legends of the game not one male model and a bunch of yankie hacks :)

midfielder

My guess is it would be at Bluetounge as I cannot see 80, 000 people at ANZ to watch what in effect is a bunch of has been's.....................very good has been's .................but no where near their peak.

Great for the club and to help build further into the community spirit of brand  Mariner.

I will be there.

uncleyellow

Ha thats funny Bikinigirl...

They might be french hasbeens, but I reckon they would smoke us a new one, but we would be better off for the experience, and as a fan, I dont like missing the mariners play at all and simply
couldnt pass up a chance to see Zidane play, even after a while out, the guy has always been amazing.

skilbeck

uncleyellow said:
Ha thats funny Bikinigirl...

They might be french hasbeens, but I reckon they would smoke us a new one, but we would be better off for the experience, and as a fan, I dont like missing the mariners play at all and simply
couldnt pass up a chance to see Zidane play, even after a while out, the guy has always been amazing.

the only bad thing about us playing against Zidane is that I dont want to see his trademark headbutt used against us but I would want to see it used against flying circus or the scum

uncleyellow

Breeze or sheild to ref the game,  and then goes on to give zidane a week red, and let them Cop the head-butt!!! that would be well worth the price of admission!

skilbeck

uncleyellow said:
Breeze or sheild to ref the game,  and then goes on to give zidane a week red, and let them Cop the head-butt!!! that would be well worth the price of admission!

awesome idea. he can give them some perspective of what is considered referee abuse :) and then they can compare it to danny

Jesus

Jesus
From what ive heard only 6 from the '98 side are confirmed. I cant see them playing it in sydney, cause i cant see 30000 mariners fans heading down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred