• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners, the pride of the Coast

dibo

brett said:
Nice one gaffer. His singing voice reminds me of Shrek. I'd love to hear him yelling out 'Donkey' when someone f**ks up at training. Particularly if they had an Eddie Murphy impersonation up their sleeve for a comeback.

gold!

good on him for doing it - every bit of stuff like that builds the club up a little more, because he's out there having a go and that's fecking tops.

fired up like nobody's business i am.

uncleyellow

What a classic... Cringing and laughing at the same time... Nice one Lawrie.

He really does sound like Shrek though, that scenario could be played out well at training, with the Donkey Shirt!!  ;D

mariners4ever

hey what about him singing khe sahn

http://publish.vx.roo.com/thedaily/videoplayer/?Channel=Telegraph+TV&ClipId=1418_228599&bitrate=300&Format=wmp

~Floss~

Reminds me of Willy from the Simpsons singing "Downtown" ("yoo can always goooo... Ach! Dooown Tooown").

It subsequently became a running joke with one of my friends for years - trying to outdo each other by coming up with songs that sounded funny when sung in a Scottish accent.

LM you have stolen the show.

brett

The Khe Sahn was on the same Daily Tele link.

What about in the slideshow they play while he sings 'Down Under'...it has pictures of Lawrie at training and such, but the last image is the Rabbitohs in pre-season training...WTF

Krispy

Singo is a legend.  the other legends are those far sighted locals who pushed so hard for the Stadium to be built in the first place.  Because if we had no stadium - we would have no Mariners!

Krispy

Speaking of legends - how about Lawrie.  We are soooooooooo lucky and soooooooo proud to have here on the Coast and he has played a huge part in the success of the club and how well the Mariners have been accepted.

My wife - who has no idea about football - or a lot of other sport for that matter ( she did not know who Gilly was!) knows who Lawrie is !!!!!!

midfielder

Krispy said:
Singo is a legend.  the other legends are those far sighted locals who pushed so hard for the Stadium to be built in the first place.  Because if we had no stadium - we would have no Mariners!

What is a little funny about the history of the staduim is it was build for Rugby League and part of their plan to ensure it was build by the state government was saying  other codes could use it. They never dreamed how right they were.

So a big thanks to the NRL who without using their influence vis News Limited and having the North Sydney Bears locate to the coast then go broke, and to save face force Manly & Norths into an unworkable relationship. With the Central Coast Leagues Club to be one of the major funders of the new club.

As Bob Dylans song goes ........The Times they are a Changing

rosko

I think it's funny that you can still read 'BEARS' in the seating arrangement when the stadium is empty. You have to look a little harder these days though. Its a shame that the seats cant be redone to spell out MARINERS.... After it is our Stadium now, and it would be a reminder to all the other codes who lives here when they come to train prior to their games...  :pirashoot:

P

Pete

rosko said:
I think it's funny that you can still read 'BEARS' in the seating arrangement when the stadium is empty. You have to look a little harder these days though. Its a shame that the seats cant be redone to spell out MARINERS.... After it is our Stadium now, and it would be a reminder to all the other codes who lives here when they come to train prior to their games...  :pirashoot:
The stadium management will only replace those that are broken and hopefully not in the same colour so the 'Bears' name is repeated. Not that I'm advocating breaking seats or whatever, but that's what happens.
Bearinator probably thinks it is his stand (ie "Bear's"  ;D)

Omni

They have replaced some seets to try and scramble it a bit, when they replace I think they go with the light grey seats.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred