• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Pirate Pete

I'm still here.

You beat me to it.

Me and a few thousand others....
icon_mad.gif

157g8at.gif

Last edited:

Gratis

Feel sorry for Ivan. Clearly some personality clash with the coaching staff though so it was never going to work.

I'm more than happy for Okon to be ruthless in his clean-out - the set up we have just doesn't work.
Also pleased to hear he has a clear plan and goals, almost certainly that means he has some sort of a shortlist of players he's keen to pick up too.

This season had some hope with a new coach but the same squad. Next season with a new squad will be fascinating and exciting to follow.

Blackadder

Very surprising comment from a well liked well respected journey man, I noticed he didn't mention Nash. Completely out of character by all reports.
Can only hope it was a tongue in cheek comment from Ivan, otherwise very unprofessional.

Big Al

First player to publicly question Paulo qhen that article came out a week or two ago about being pissed wasn't picked for Newy game.
Did some say Pearce was rushed back for it? Did Ivan sit on the bench or Pearce?

Challenge Paulo with a small time left on his contract was not a smart move.

Mat have been gone any way but the pressure seemed to get him.

Sounded like a good bloke on the podcast.

Luca Brasi

squad v scum
Central Coast Mariners: 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 5.Harry ASCROFT, 16.Liam ROSE, 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 8.Nick MONTGOMERY (c), 14.Adam BERRY, 7.Fabio FERREIRA (21.Michael NEILL 88’, 13.Kwabena APPIAH (12.Trent BUHAGIAR 67’), 11.Connor PAIN (17.Josh BUNGHAM 84’), 9.Roy O’DONOVAN
Substitutes not used: 1.Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 26.Steve WHYTE

Pirate Pete

First player to publicly question Paulo qhen that article came out a week or two ago about being pissed wasn't picked for Newy game.
Did some say Pearce was rushed back for it? Did Ivan sit on the bench or Pearce?

Challenge Paulo with a small time left on his contract was not a smart move.

Mat have been gone any way but the pressure seemed to get him.

Sounded like a good bloke on the podcast.

Too slow! As Luca posted a moment before I did.

Ivan was on the bench. I think someone mentioned he was dropped from the squad, but I've checked and he was on the bench for the Newcastle game.

What concerns me about the message is that he thanked Monty. I wonder if Monty is the "Couple of Muppets" gang?

Big Al

He's in the team photo on instagram today with all the kids who did the school holidays camp so interesting wording on terminated because he's still doing club activities as is Roy and Izzo.

Bit like going to school for the last couple of days before Christmas holidays, the tests are over and it's just baby sitting. Only difference is they are getting paid so can't wag.

Football nut

1k3c4dd9smsy.png

Well, somebody is pissed. check out that last line....
I checked Instagram last night, the comment in brackets had been removed.
⚽️football is a funny game, gives you the highest of highs and the lowest of lows, being told you are no longer required in any job is never a good feeling especially in the football world.
Everytime i put the that jersey on, be it at training or in games, i gave my blood sweat and tears for the team. Id like to thank everyone of the office staff@ccmariners for your support and smiling faces, thanks to all the fans and friends ive made up the coast, id like to make a special mention to @melissa_r_woods@nick_montgomery8 and@bricejohnsonccm for their guidance, support and most importantly friendships this season you guys kept me on the correct path,
Last but by no means least, to all my boys that are also parting ways i wish you all the best in your future wherever it may be, to my boys that are staying on its been a pleasure sharing the pitch and changroom with you and all the best for next season Onto the next chapter ⚽️

Last edited:

Capt. Awesome

I
He only came good at the end of the season for me. I don't think he was worth what we were paying him so I think this is a constructive loss.
think he came good at the end of the season because he took a bit of time to adjust to playing as a number 10. Under okon he also became a 90min player.

Pirate Pete

To be honest there's no saying when that pic of the kids was taken on twitter.
It looks like Ivan's post was from the COE. Maybe Roy or Izzo got hold of his
phone for the bants.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I

think he came good at the end of the season because he took a bit of time to adjust to playing as a number 10. Under okon he also became a 90min player.

Yes and no. Basic ball skills are still shocking - passing, shooting, quite terrible, gave away so many balls and so many attacks faltered. He started to get some positioning and creativity happening and got kind of useful towards the end, but that was always marred by his other inadequacies. Most games he'd do, like, 1 awesome thing and a whole bunch of things that were almost good but actually weren't even close.

pjennings

The interesting bit here is that the Malaysian League is almost half the way through and he is only signed until the end of the season (last game 22/10/2017). At that stage he would become a free agent again.

Central Coast Mariners star Fabio Ferreira is headed to Malaysia to link up with Super League club PKNS FC.

There had been speculation Ferreira would join Western Sydney Wanderers, but player agent Tony Rallis, whose company has facilitated the move, said the offer from Malaysia best suited the winger for now.

The Malaysian season runs from February to late October and is already 10 rounds old.

Rallis said Ferreira was joining PKNS for the rest of the season and that the timing would make it possible for the player to return to the A-League early next season if an opportunity arose.

Ferreira is contracted to the Mariners until May 31, but the club's commitments are obviously finished for this season since they didn't make the finals.

The 27-year-old has been granted an early release so he can head over as soon as possible.

For over five years now Rallis has been sending A-League players to Malaysia in moves that have proved good for their careers.

Some of those players were struggling to get regular playing time here and rebooted their careers over there before returning to Australia and kicking on again in the A-League.

He said his management partner in Malaysia, former National Soccer League star and 14-time Socceroo forward Scott Ollerenshaw, was integral in establishing the opportunities.
"I recommend the player and Scott finds the club," Rallis said. "Malaysia is becoming a good stop for a lot of Australian players and Scott knows the scene inside out over there and has been able to make things happen.

ImageResizer.ashx

"We took Andrew Nabbout and Taylor Regan and Joel Chianese over there and they've all come back better players.

"Henrique was over there as well and Alex Smith is still there. Matt Davies went there and has gone on to captain his club and play for Malaysia.

"We've got a track record there and that allows us to recommend players. I'm proud because players like Nabbout and Regan have gone there and played games after being on the unwanted scrapheap here and they've come back and clubs have wanted them.

"It's a good springboard."

Ferreira arrived here from Portugal in 2012 and played two-and-a-half seasons with Adelaide United before switching to Central Coast for two-and-a-half seasons there.

A player with a lethal combination of speed and skill, he finished this season strongly and scored two goals in the last three rounds. He had five for the season to be the club's second-highest scorer, behind striker Roy O'Donovan's 11, and was third-best for assists with three.

"I'm confident Fabio will do very well in Malaysia and that when the season ends he'll have multiple options to consider, including in the A-League where he's a proven performer," Rallis said.

Ferreira refused to rule out a return to Australia.

“This is a good opportunity for me but at the same time it’s sad because I love Australia and the Mariners have been very good to me,” he said. “The club, the fans, the office, the coaches, the players and everyone has been great so it’s mixed feelings right now.

“I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone who has supported me during my time at the Mariners. The club and its fans have always been there for me and for the team.

“You never know what can happen in football,” Ferreira said. “I will go now and I may come back in one, two or three years. This is another opportunity for me but I love Australia, it’s a great country and I can see myself one day back here.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred