• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Ancient Mariner

I always thought Liam looked better in the centre back position than in the DM role. Never really developed beyond being a useful A-League sub. Hopefully he can find the answer elsewhere. I wish him luck.

I find news of these movements reassuring. That is, someone is doing something rather than just waiting for things to happen like we saw in the past. Give them a go and then move them on if they can't come up to scratch.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Great to see. He's gotten miles better in the last few months, something has finally clicked with him.

I know it’s an unpopular opinion and I have said it before, I’m a fan of appiah. Having said that I think that maybe a move would be the best for him and wish him luck (if it goes ahead).

If Appiah could only put in a half decent cross and lift his head to look at his options then he'd make an great winger - except as a winger he still needs to be able to score now and then.

I accept arguments people have made that he can control his side and really cause problems with his running - and he shows moments of good close ball control too, but it's not enough - if that is going to be your purpose, then you need to have a decent final option. And be able to threaten goal when you just end up running it yourself.

If another team thinks they can figure out how to get inside his head and unlock his potential, then good luck to them. Clearly, we haven't been able to turn him into enough of an attacker to do what's needed.

the flip side is that our attack is so dire that perhaps Appiah is being useful in just keeping it away from the opposition, one sprint at a time.....

Apparently it's 2 goals in 79 professional matches from him. Only 1 Assist.

Thats....wow
https://www.transfermarkt.com/kwabena-appiah-kubi/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/230478

Last edited:

Big Al

Appiah might not go so quick if there transfer market does close for a while. We might hold him as long as we can. That said he is out of contract so will depend on when the new team requires him.

Big Al

So how many more players of ours need to end at city before they become the new Mariners B team. They are the C team now
Or do there agents realise that it’s the wrong sky blue

Wombat

I know it’s an unpopular opinion and I have said it before, I’m a fan of appiah. Having said that I think that maybe a move would be the best for him and wish him luck (if it goes ahead).

Best for us to.

Good bloke and a real trier but basically not good enough. Like Middy said shame he wasn't turned into a fullback at an early age. If you coached him to keep it simple he could have been a Bojic clone.

Wombat

Liam does not impose himself on games. Will never be a great DM without that. Had to happen and wish him well, but I don't hold the club even remotely accountable, he had opportunities to get back into the starting line up or regular contention. He did not take them.

As to Kubi, I'm sure his runs make for a decent highlight reel, but 2 goals in 38 appearances, and how many assists? It's not up to standard.

Expect we'll see Hoole or Skapetis come into RM, with the other subbing in.

We really need a couple of class attacking signings now. It's a bit grim.

Lineup...
Backs same except Roux at LB now Rose in injured. Melling for Wout, Lord Tom doing his thing, Lachie gets another start, (though I'd prefer Hoole left and Skapetis right) DDS, Powell up front. Kekeris might be looking at some game time now unless Kubi's deal hasn't gone through.

Kennedy (last chance)
Rowles LB if available
Golec
Baro
McGing

Wales or Trent
Dutch God
Melling
Hoole (Lw)

DDS
Skep

Pirate Pete

Wales shouldn't get a start this week.
He wasn't at all good (yeah, I know, none of them were) on Saturday.
He really needs a rest. Trent should get a go.

pjennings

Kennedy (last chance)
Rowles LB if available
Golec
Baro
McGing

Wales or Trent
Dutch God
Melling
Hoole (Lw)

DDS
Skep

Who for?

Kennedy
14 games 15 goals conceded 4 clean sheets - including 3 gifted goals ( 2 on the weekend and the Melling first game goal because we naively play out from the back when it is not on)

Glover
4 games 10 goals conceded 0 clean sheets

Pearce
0 games 0 goals conceded 0 clean sheets

Last edited:

Coastalraider

If Liam goes we are very thin at CB, posco could solve that problem. Melling already fills the DM role.

Storm and Rowles depth on the wings, the back end looks pretty good.

Now for the front third...

JoyfulPenguin

If Liam goes we are very thin at CB, posco could solve that problem. Melling already fills the DM role.

Storm and Rowles depth on the wings, the back end looks pretty good.

Now for the front third...
Posco seemed incapable of Okonball though, his passing simple isn't good enough. A fairly big problem has been the speed of our ball movement when moving out of defence, Posco is only going to make that worse. Would much rather Themba Muata-Marlow from Apia, he was terrific in the NPL finals and is more than capable of Okonball.

style_cafe

Congratulations to Jake McGing on his contract extension.
It doesn`t surprise me though as he is a quality kid & has improved remarkably this season.
The fact that he has played 65 games with us is amazing also.

In saying that though,I feel it`s time for him to move out of the shadow of Bojic & to really start attacking, like the player I feel he could be.
Bojic used to give me the shits the way he either crossed the ball or cut inside when he got to the 18 yard box.
McGing needs to break that mould & to attack the byline when the opportunity presents itself.
At present he is becoming very predictable.
By moving past the edge of the box he has the option of drawing the foul,driving into the box ,cutting the ball back or crossing the ball.
All of which would increase our chances of scoring...:popcorn:

Big Al

Posco seemed incapable of Okonball though, his passing simple isn't good enough. A fairly big problem has been the speed of our ball movement when moving out of defence, Posco is only going to make that worse. Would much rather Themba Muata-Marlow from Apia, he was terrific in the NPL finals and is more than capable of Okonball.
His only playing when Baro and Golec get suspended. He’d fill the whole

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
SO...how much of our grief should be laid at the feet of Ivan Jolic ?....im not a 100% sure what the 2IC does but surely he must be suggesting team selections

localpom

If true, and Bingham seems on the outer as well, Connor inju
^^^ This is what I would LIKE to see aswell.

But no way Powell is dropped and Storm doesn't come in I think.
Skep on then right for me over Wales or Trent. Powell is our top scorer even though he has only started a handful of games so must stay there IMO until we get someone better.

Insertnamehere

SO...how much of our grief should be laid at the feet of Ivan Jolic ?....im not a 100% sure what the 2IC does but surely he must be suggesting team selections
Did nothing at Heart... I never rated him as a choice. If we continue with Okon then should we not tee up Rado Vidosic given OKonball is essentially Angeball?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred