• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 12 - 2016 - 2017

shipwreck

Would be nice if the FFA implemented a rule that forced a marquee players salary to be included in the cap as equal to the Min wage, then the problem would be solved.

Big Al

Looking at our squad overall I'm worried about our quality compared to the other 9 clubs.

I challenge you to name 2 Mariners players that would be first choice 11 players for any of the 9 other clubs. The only player I would consider at the moment would be Fabio, and he's been out injured!

Now I know we can't compete financially but we need to be more competitive because if we don't fix it soon I can see us being down the bottom for the next 2-3 seasons at least!
They could all play for the Jerks;)

Yoda

f**k im sick of hearing the name cansdell-sherriff. He's been talked up here like he's some type of god for years.
A little birdie tells me that a certain favourite of @style_cafe will be coaching in the Mariners Academy Youth Program for the upcoming 2017 season. U15s or 16s I'm hearing.

Wombat

Good little vision of our training session today:
https://twitter.com/CCMariners/status/790703966795378689

Had a quick look at the boys training. First 11 v rest.

Galloway was playing at left back for firsts and has good first touch and wants the ball.
Izzo was in 1st 11.
The boys looked lively and switched on but still made a few schoolboy errors. One error gave 1sts a one on one with Ivan but he smashed it into Ivan instead of dinking it over him. Didn't see who coughed it up.
McGing and Faty looked good.
Rose was with reserves, showed good feet but had the ball taken off him rather easily.
Fab was right wing so Appi was in the middle.....hopefully Paul doesn't think about playing him there.
A few players sat it out due to niggles.....maybe a change in the midfield on the weekend.

Impressed with Okon. He looks like a decent coach.

Forum Phoenix

Really liked that little clip. Love a coach who drives his players and works hard to increase their awareness / intelligence. Help guiding where to move and pushing the pace. Good stuff.

That Izzo clip made me feel sad for him. Last year must have been awful. Be nice to see him have a great year and win us all over. So young.
I don't blame him for the goal on the weekend, keepers have to make decisions and back themselves and he was very close to making the right call, and he made several critical saves and had solid distribution.

pjennings

There was plenty of blame to be apportioned for that goal and Izzo does have to take his part. However, he does look to be a different player from last year.

If he truly has been steeled by last year and it has made him tougher then that can only be good for him and the club. If that is the case I don't feel sad for him at all. This was always going to be the problem with playing such an inexperienced team last year. The potential to ruin careers was very real. I hope Paul has come through it the way he described it. For his sake as well as ours it would be good if the team could start a habit of clean sheets against WSW this weekend.

Gratis

I don't blame him for the goal on the weekend, keepers have to make decisions and back themselves and he was very close to making the right call, and he made several critical saves and had solid distribution.
I felt this way at the time. Unfortunately it proved the wrong decision but he had a split second to decide and once he did he committed - which was the right thing to do

dibo

I think he was unlucky. If that doesn't fall to the feet of a Roar player we're praising his decisiveness and saying it's good to see him making the gutsy efforts.

Timmah

I feel as though the defenders sitting back were just as much to blame as Izzo was for advancing. He may not have felt the need if the three blokes around him weren't potplants when the ball came across.

shipwreck

I hope Galloway starts at LB and Posco is back.

Not sure how Rose is going to factor in, but I do think Powell's days in the starting line up of the current formation are limited.

Wombat

I hope Galloway starts at LB and Posco is back.

Not sure how Rose is going to factor in, but I do think Powell's days in the starting line up of the current formation are limited.
Posco won't start. He didn't train.
Will be McGing and Faty.

Tevor

Posco out for a while unfortunately Powel staying in current position as we have zero other options. Rose will take time to gel with the new structure so don't expect much over the next few weeks. Drive bys are vulnerable with no Topor Stanley and were shown by the Scummers press them and they will break. Stats say their defence is only just better than ours which is improving. Last year you could tell the drive bys were building, I don't get that same feeling this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred