• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 12 - 2016 - 2017

dibo

He'll be better if we're playing better. Alongside Bosnar and in front of Reddy he was dire, because we simply didn't get our patterns of play right. He may be better under Okon where we're going to have very set, structured ways to play out and he'll either have to do his job or ride the pine. It'd be his last chance saloon in pro football, unless he becomes someone's legal counsel or works for the PFA!

localpom

Always struck me as someone who played a little behind the pace of the game, even though he looks capable of playing faster. Looks like he's always thinking "I bet I look like an imposing CB right now".
Frustrating player. I remember most people thinking we have a gem when he first came to us from the GC. Didn't quite turn out that way, but he is still young.

Wombat

Wake up Peeps.....he is f**king useless. I'm a better CB and i'm a converted FB and 5ft6".
And i'm better in the air!
He has a loud mouth but thats it.....................Cairncross is better.

Big Al

I'd rather go back to Uskok who showed some promise.

Zac sucked at SFC as well so it wasn't just our shit setup.

Move on please PO

Last edited:

nebakke

I'd rather go back to Uskok who showed some promise.

Zac sucked at SFC as well so it wasn't just our shit setup.

Move on please PO

Yeah - I still can't believe we let Uskok go :(

Ando had some real issues I think - in particular he tends to stop and challenge for the offside, rather than chase it down and worry about the challenge later... It used to drive me absolutely nuts to watch and it was one of the absolute highlights of last season's defence (not that competition was tight ;) ) to see them actually chase down those calls, rather than expect them to be made correctly.

Once that's said, as I recall, he did alright with Sainsbury and Zwaanswijk next to him - obviously he wasn't too crash-hot with Faty next to him though so not sure if we particularly want to actually adops Sydney's defence from last season...

Coach

It has finally happened I completely agree with Wombat. Sight unseen Wombat is a better CB than draft horse Anderson. Anderson is no better than nswpl standard. He talks about his study and he should stick to that! I've coaches amateurs that would run rings around him technically.

Gratis

Regardless of context his blunders with us were regular, dumb and critical - usually key goals that led to losing games. I see no reason to consider him over a promising young player with potential.
We could still really do with an experienced CB but if it were Zac or a young up and comer it should be the latter

Rowdy

Ando had some real issues I think - in particular he tends to ...

• Pull hiss shorts up, real high - to reveal his spectacular quads BUT only when defending corners or set pieces. - EVERY SINGLE GODDAM CNR !
Mrs Rowdy pointed it out early on watching away games at home.
Ref awards corner .....
"Look darl, Anderson - watch him ...up go the shorts !"

It was like some pyschological quirk that where they sat normally just wouldnt allow him to jump adequately to defend aerially or something. o_O

Did anyone ever see him win balls in the air that often ??? :oops:
- nah, me neither !

Then the Mrs noted the sleeves getting hoiked up next, "Ball out, Quads & Guns out !" became her catch-cry.:D

I'll take a quality defender over 'vanity, slicked back hair & a law degree' any day.

Rowdy

In fact if Anderson EVER makes it back to the A-League, I'll seriously look into having a small hand-held electronic mp3 device made to order in China - so that when he defends a corner you just press the button & 'The Law & Order' theme plays with stupid lyrics added about the hoiked shorts !

Like this:

Forum Phoenix

Lacks agility and doesn't use his strength/size well. Posco would beat him 8 times out of ten I reckon.
Basic strength, size and a decent temperament was enough for him as a junior, but as other players developed... he did not. Head has never appeared to be in the right space. All about the "perception" of working hard - as indicated by his well criticised posturing. Rarely seemed present and giving his all - that life and death type intensity you need.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Zac's agent must be offering us a good price to take him if we are considering it..........
Whilst at Pluim Park today for the CCM Fans Day, & after having a chat ;) can categorical allay all of our 'collective fears'

Anderson's 'agent' is hallucinating about himself currently being in talks with CCM
...... havent heard boo from him for starters.
........ nor are they interested. :overheadl:
- Thank the Lord & sweet baby Jesus :innocent:

Just another 'agent' talking out of his arse.:rolleyes:

Rowdy

Although,
...... "we're still considering another CB",
all depends how Paolo feels with Posco/ Ascroft cutting it in the role.

So they're budgeting for one if need be.

Mentioned 'Michael Thwaite' being granted a release from his Chinese club to Shaun as a possibillity, & he was unaware of this & that Thwaitey was looking for an opportunity to come back to Aust from China, as he left behind his family in Brisb.

"Hmmmm" was a promising response, so we may just get 'someone' with the experience most of us on here have been hoping for.

Wombat

"Still considering" is a worry but "hmmmmm" sounds mildly promising.
I would be very happy with Thwaite. 1 year deal.

Rowdy

"Still considering" is a worry but "hmmmmm" sounds mildly promising.
Not really, with the 'worrying',
it was more of 'if we need to, we can/& will" tone to it.
And if we dont need to,
... "then we wont" ;)

Think just a good to know it's an option, if or when we might need to type of thing.

Last edited:

Rowdy

I would be very happy with Thwaite. 1 year deal.
Yeah totally, I rate him - he'd fit in well with our club culture I think, or what were trying to get back to.

Just depends on whether Okon rates him and the $$'s Thwaites willing to play for. Thinking we could tempt him with somewhere near $150k to $175k maybe.

Rosey was on about $200-225k

Not a lot of options for him back in the A-League a week out from Rnd 1, with most clubs rosters filled already.

Would be twidlling them, till the January Xfer.

JoyfulPenguin

Thwaite would be great if possible just depends on what Okon wants to spend more on. Would it be worth saving up for a higher calibre visa signing in January?

Rowdy

Would it be worth saving up for a higher calibre visa signing in January?

I think MC, after coming to the realization that the expenditure on Garcia last season in the Jan Xfer window was absolutely necessary (based on how shite we were at the time) will also have a contigency plan again for Jan this season & the $$$'s for it put aside - outside of the cap.

Especially after witnessing what the likes of Melb.City, SydFC, Victory, WSW & now Brisb have spent on Marquee players .

Dont get me wrong, he wont be throwing silly $60k per game payments for x10 games at some player .... like he did for Garcia, but it'll be restrained spending on 'someone' who, this time our coach decides will add additional points on the ladder rather than a 'name-player' for media circus or hits on YouTube.
....... (which Garcia was really all about in my eyes)

Othewise what would be the point ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred