• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 11 - 2015/2016

scottmac

Suspended
I still think the right decision was made regarding matt but one does wonder how a full injury free pre season and different team would have treated matt. Oh well. Let's hope the striker we sign is a worthy replacement

Rowdy

I still think the right decision was made regarding matt but one does wonder how a full injury free pre season and different team would have treated matt.

Right decision? Maybe..... then again maybe not when you consider, as 'Styles' mentions the quality of player's we've now signed that 'could've' provided him with sooo much more service up front especially from out wide.

I think of how the Scummer's didn't rate Nathan Burns, thought he was liability and 'goooone' with his knee injury & just released him on a 'free'.

Boy did he prove what frick'n dumb-arses they were.

I do :rolleyes: & i dont ;) hope that Matty does the same to us, if that makes any sense.

Wombat

Agree.
It's was dumb of us to play Matt as an isolated Centre forward.
I would be very happy to see him back here in a stronger and more balanced squad.
Walmsley is not a mug and I can tell you Matty and boys were less than convinced that poor old Mossy had any clue.

Rowdy

Another 'MoneyBall' signing looks fait accompli:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/transfer-rumours-sydney-city-unveil-strikers

"Further north and the Central Coast Mariners will unveil former Leicester City attacking midfielder Adam Dawson, as coach Tony Walmsley continues his UK scouting tour. The 23-year-old,who joined the Liverpool youth set up at age 14 and later signed with Wigan Athletic, has a patchy CV at best, having made almost every one of his 33 senior appearances in non-league football. A stint in Manchester’s red shirt - four games at rebel club FC United of Manchester - included. But the Mariners have a habit of developing latent talent so it’s too early to second guess Walmsley’s judgement."
Screenshot_2015-07-15-13-47-24-1.png

Rowdy

December 30, 2014 CCM FC announce appointment of Peter Storrie as a Associate Director

May 4, 2015 - Central Coast Mariners Fc appointed Shaun Mielekamp as the club's new Chief Executive Officer.

But the appointment of this ladies man
images-4.jpeg

And the fat kid from the 'SuperBad' movie
2015-07-08-18-28-25--1427593091.jpeg
As new CCMFC back-room staff
Will never be confirmed!
DENY, DENY, DENY.

Gratis

Hmmm, Dawson ay? Again the innate talent must be there to do what he's done but must be brought out. Yet to see if it's on first obviously

Rowdy

CB Currently Trialing @ CCM
725291-2b4cfee2-5c74-11e3-bdfb-cc323b5e78a5.jpg

Harry Ashcroft;
( North Shore Times; 5th December, 2013)

Promising central defender Harry Ascroft is following in the footsteps of Socceroos midfielders Brett Emerton and Brett Holman after signing with a Dutch club.

Ascroft, 18, has signed a two-year deal with VVV-Venlo, which plays in the Dutch second division, after recently finishing his Higher School Certificate.

The Turramurra resident started playing football with Kissing Point Football Club as a five-year-old.

In recent seasons he has played with State League clubs Bankstown City Lions and Sydney University.

Ascroft trialled with VVV-Venlo, which was relegated from the top division last season, earlier this year but returned to Australia to finish Year 12.

"It is a dream come true," he said.

"My focus, hard work, dedication and training under coaches Albin Mikulski and Rob Wheatley have enabled me to achieve this."

............VVV-Venlo technical manager Wim Dusseldorp said Ascroft made "such an impression" during his trial in July he was offered a contract.

Personal information
Full name: Harry Andrew Ascroft
Date of birth: 1 July 1995 (age 20)
Place of birth: Turramurra, Sydney, Australia
Height: 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)
Playing position: Central defender, right back
Youth career: Bankstown City, Sydney University
Senior career
*Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2013 Syd- University 19 (0)
2013–15 VVV-Venlo 7 (0)

National team‡
2014– Australia U20 1 (1)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 January 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).

‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 8 September 2014

Harry Ascroft is an Australian footballer who has last played as a central defender or right back for VVV-Venlo in the Dutch Eerste Divisie.

midfielder

Turramurra is in travel times almost like an outer suburb ... also connecting with that part of the world i.e. 15 minutes from the start of the F3 at Hornsby ..

I guess Ross will become the senior man with Reddy ... he sounds an excellent kid...

Rowdy

Another CB Currently Trialing @ CCM:

Tomislav Uskok;
2015-07-15-16-19-52--1448665509.jpeg

● 23 y.o
● Came through the junior ranks of the Melbourne Knights.
● Was named Club Captain for the Knights in Feb. 2015 for their upcoming NPL season.
2015-07-15-16-20-10--914227628.jpeg

Rowdy

Former Leeds Untd U/21, Adam Berry to be offered Youth spot with CCM:
Adam berry.jpeg

Screenshot_2015-07-15-17-35-38-1.png
● Signed with Leeds United December, 2013

(Excerpts from news article 3rd December, 2013 Hills News)

"Berry, part of the Leeds FC development squad, made the storybook dream debut by scoring a goal in a 3-1 win over Derby County.

....He spent 13 years playing with Blacktown City.

.....So there’s a bit of pedigree there, and 16-year-old Berry has progressed through Castle Hill, Blacktown City juniors, and as co-captain of the Australian under-13s.

.....Dad said it was while his son was playing with Australia in Malaysia that he was spotted by a scout, and the try-outs led to Leeds.

....Berry jnr had spent the first part of the year playing for Blacktown City under-18s while waiting to see whether he’d made the cut with the renowned club.

* made his U20's
Socceroo debut against the USA.

Berry was released from Leeds Untd in May 2015.

dibo

Can't find anything about Mr Uskok. Likes some 'interesting' things on FaceBook, like pages run by Croatian supporters of the former Ustase regime (the Nazi-collaborationist puppet government of the 'independent state of Croatia' from 1941-45)...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred