• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 11 - 2015/2016

Coastalraider

I'm pretty sure any SAVINGS from this year will not be used next season. We have been spending less on the on field football department to pull ourselves out of debt, so we can start next year even. Balancing the books next year is a completely different prospect, as we will start in the green.

dibo

Balancing the books next year is a completely different prospect, as we will start in the green.
There's nothing to suggest that the surplus this year squares off the losses MC has accrued in previous years.

There's also nothing to suggest that we could repeat the surplus without another six or seven digit windfall from transfer fees.

So I don't think we start next year in the black on either analysis.

nebakke

There's nothing to suggest that the surplus this year squares off the losses MC has accrued in previous years.

There's also nothing to suggest that we could repeat the surplus without another six or seven digit windfall from transfer fees.

So I don't think we start next year in the black on either analysis.

Except the existing strategic plan had us at break even or even modest profit next year and modest profit the year after - you would think that the surprise windfall would help push that along by also financing recruiting etc.

Fredrik

Hi guys. Quick question from a norwegian guy that has suddenly started to be interested in Australian soccer. What is your predicted line up for todays match against Sydney? I have seen you have a bad habit of picking up red cards lately so I just wondered how many of your best players are actually starting the match :)

And Sorry if i polluted this thread with my question. I didnt find a more traditional match thread.

Also, hang in there guys! From what i have seen you are actually not that bad as the table suggests. I think you have shown very good attacking play at times, but unfortunately it seems like you are lacking some quality defensively. And of course, it is hard to win matches with only 10 and 9 men on the field...

If you have your best team today, I think you will have good chances against Sydney. They are poor on away grass, they have a recent champions league game in their feet, and they do not score many goals. You have nothing to lose guys. Good luck from a Rosenborg fan in Norway :)

Gratis

i had kind of hoped this was the reason Wilko only signed til seasons end - he'd have had some frank talks with Hutch and known there wasn't much option for this season but that funds would open up for the next with all the backlog players contracts we're paying out being finished with

here's hoping!

FFC Mariner

Ante Juric tweeting that Kalik has signed a 4 year deal at his new club.

Shame we never got to see him get a decent run. If true....

Luke

I've got a feeling we will only get a training compensation fee as his contract was up at the end of the season. If he actually signed it yesterday we may get the rest of his contract here paid out but that would be hardly anything.

pjennings

Rowdy

This article says the end of 2016/2017. While it has CCM quotes - it is not from the CCM website so what the truth is I don't know.

Kalik signed with CCM back in September 2013, and penned a 3 year deal.

He was 15yo at the time making him the youngest kid to have ever been signed by a club into the A-League.

That 3 yr deal would end presumably Sept 2016 you'd think, unless next seasons 2016-17 is/was included. ???

Hope 2016-17 is the case, as it'd be a shame if CCM gained zero $'s out of him going to a club like Split, especially after giving him a go at such a young age.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Cudos to the smarty pants who posted the Sonic signing, with a jumper handover picture and everything...well done.....numbnut ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred