• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 11 - 2015/2016

JoyfulPenguin

Apparently this is a thing that happened (Ripped from a post on the fourfourtwo forums)

Trial was arranged prior to OFC futsal tournament, the Solomons had a pre-tournament camp in NSW. Im unsure as to how he went with CCM, good experience for him nonetheless, the solomons were able to make it through to the futsal world cup in columbia. Always nice to see pacific islanders being given a chance, hopefully more can join Krishna soon.

HKFTt26.png

QUWaIDZ.png

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Great to hear, I loved Tinker-Belle in his limited game time and I think Bingham will be a great striker in the future. Disappointed we didn't sign Bingham on for longer if I'm honest.
I quite liked HB too - I felt like he was close to Izzo but improving each game

If we've got 3 keepers, I want to think they're looking to get rid of Izzo. Then I remember that he keeps inexplicable getting a game, so I figure 'nope, we're just going to have 3 keepers'. Maybe that's an insurance policy against us having the poorest discipline of any club in the history of the HAL?

JoyfulPenguin

Lots of rumours on the FourFourTwo forums that Uskok will head to Sydney United 58 at the end of his contract so it doesn't sound like we'll be retaining him.

JoyfulPenguin

Jeremy Walker (former Melbourne Heart right back) has returned from playing in Conference South in England and has signed with Hume City in the NPLV. He was a shining light for Heart in his second last season and seemed to just disappear after Heart released him (which at the time seemed very unfair). He'd be decent injury replacement for Storm and we could see if he's still up to A-League standard with a view to on sell him if he is.

Rowdy

Lots of rumours on the FourFourTwo forums that Uskok will head to Sydney United 58 at the end of his contract so it doesn't sound like we'll be retaining him.

Not necessarily so, could just be doing the winter with Syd.Untd. because CCM have asked him to keep his development/fitness up - with the term of resigning him still a possibility.

I remember waaay back when Boogaard, Simon, Porter, Kwasnik (coming back from injury) and Trott all played in the off-season with Central Coast Lightning in the NSW Premier League at the time.

All were still under contract with CCM, Lawrie prob just felt that they needed more game-time for various individual reasons, Kwas' was a no-brainer coming back from injury.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Th
I quite liked HB too - I felt like he was close to Izzo but improving each game

If we've got 3 keepers, I want to think they're looking to get rid of Izzo. Then I remember that he keeps inexplicable getting a game, so I figure 'nope, we're just going to have 3 keepers'. Maybe that's an insurance policy against us having the poorest discipline of any club in the history of the HAL?
They need to flick the keeping coach, his the one partially allowing drizzo to suck at aspects of his game

FFC Mariner

Usok was originally coming to NSW to play for Sydney United and we hijacked it.

Fiancee lives up here

(As per his interview on this week's podcast-episode)

JoyfulPenguin

Players we could go after for next year:
Bradden Inman:
Australian currently at Crewe Alexandra was touted as the next Harry Kewell when at Tottenham Hotspur but failed to ever make much of a mark there. Moved on to Crewe in 2013 where he was a major reason why Crewe didn't get relegated in their first season League One. Had basicly non stop injuries up until the beginning of this season. He has scored 5 goals this season his contract is up at the end of this season and with Crewe basically relegated there aren't many places he could go.

Rhys Williams:
fringe socceroo who has been perpetually injured for four seasons his contract is up at the end of this season and we desperately need some experience at the back. We would have to bid high for him but would be well worth it.

Neil Kilkenny:
Struggling at for game time at Preston North End and his contract is up at the end of the season. Would be a good pick up and seems to be pretty much forgotten by most.

Shane Candsdell-Sherrif:
Strong Centre Back who has done well with Burton Albion now looking to grab consecutive promotions. Still hasn't resigned for next season so could be a chance.

pjennings

I'd like to see Inman and Williams.

Cansdell-Sherriff is more of a left back and only a year younger than Josh so I would probably pass on him. I rate Kilkenny very similar to James Holland. Both can play very well in patches but go missing for long periods. I don't think we can afford that.

Another interesting one is Chris Herd. HM, CB and RB - only 26 - could be someone to stiffen up the middle of the park.

Rowdy

Herd's a tad to short for my liking at CB, topping-out at 5'8", but he always played his best football at RB for Aston Villa.

Were gonna be needing one come the start of next pre-season. I'd sign him- another positive is he leaves a foreign spot open too.

Could also be great cover for Monty's obligatory 10 yellows a season. ;)

Big Al

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/mitch-austin-ill-only-get-better#:t68ysqm3dq5OIA

Doesn't sound like someone not coming back.

“The results have been really poor so far this season so next season hopefully we all learn from this season’s mistakes and fix them for next season and we can look forward to having a great campaign"

“At the end of the day though it’s up to the chairman, the gaffer and Luis himself what happens next season but I for one hope he is still here.”

FFC Mariner

It's only rumoured that he is refusing to sign a new contract, not demanding a move.

May have just have rejected the money on offer

style_cafe

Players we could go after for next year:
Bradden Inman:
Australian currently at Crewe Alexandra was touted as the next Harry Kewell when at Tottenham Hotspur but failed to ever make much of a mark there. Moved on to Crewe in 2013 where he was a major reason why Crewe didn't get relegated in their first season League One. Had basicly non stop injuries up until the beginning of this season. He has scored 5 goals this season his contract is up at the end of this season and with Crewe basically relegated there aren't many places he could go.

Rhys Williams:
fringe socceroo who has been perpetually injured for four seasons his contract is up at the end of this season and we desperately need some experience at the back. We would have to bid high for him but would be well worth it.

Neil Kilkenny:
Struggling at for game time at Preston North End and his contract is up at the end of the season. Would be a good pick up and seems to be pretty much forgotten by most.

Shane Candsdell-Sherrif:
Strong Centre Back who has done well with Burton Albion now looking to grab consecutive promotions. Still hasn't resigned for next season so could be a chance.

I could have got Shane here for this season.
He was very keen to come but no-one at the club got back to me to get his details.
I`ve known him since he was 11. He & Carney played youth league with my son at Macarthur

style_cafe

I'd like to see Inman and Williams.

Cansdell-Sherriff is more of a left back and only a year younger than Josh so I would probably pass on him. I rate Kilkenny very similar to James Holland. Both can play very well in patches but go missing for long periods. I don't think we can afford that.

Another interesting one is Chris Herd. HM, CB and RB - only 26 - could be someone to stiffen up the middle of the park.

Disagree PJ, Cansdell Sherriff can play all the left side positions as well as CB.
He`s also played all his junior football as a striker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred